PDA

View Full Version : 40 guns stolen at Gibraltar Trade Center

TAC-GLOCK
08-30-2007, 16:32
$5,000 reward offered for 40 guns stolen at Gibraltar Trade Center

August 30, 2007

By STEVE NEAVLING

FREE PRESS STAFF WRITER

A federal agency is offering a $5,000 reward after someone stole more than 40 guns from a storage trailer at the Gibraltar Trade Center in Mt. Clemens this month.

A licensed gun dealer for Guns & Stuff, Inc., of Clinton Township, noticed the guns were missing on Aug. 21 and told police he believed the theft took place sometime after Aug. 12. The firearms include handguns and long guns.

The Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives has joined the Macomb County Sheriff’s Office to investigate.

“Our experience shows us that these guns quickly become used in violent crimes,” Valerie J. Goddard, special agent in charge of ATF in Michigan said. “We also know that tips from the public have resulted in the recovery of stolen firearms.”

The bureau is offering the reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of a suspect.

Anyone with information is asked to call the ATF crime gun hotline at 800-283-4867.

john_glock_mi
08-30-2007, 20:54
I hope they nail the bastards. :50cal:

TAC-GLOCK
08-30-2007, 22:32
I can't imagine anyone leaving anything at the Gibraltar Trade Center. If you've been there you know what I mean.

JohnJak
08-31-2007, 05:10
I just can't believe that someone would leave their trailer in the parking lot full of guns. What a dumb-***. Now lets find those guns and get them off the streets.

10 Ring Tao
09-01-2007, 00:12
Leaving a trailer full of guns in mt. clemens after hours = bad idea.

Leaving a trailer full of guns in taylor after hours = whatever they were smoking, it must have been out of this world.

coverdog
09-08-2007, 17:43
What a bone head.

I don't suppose he bothered with a vault either. Maybe he should be selling hot dogs instead.

steveksux
09-08-2007, 19:33
I just don't get it. The hard part is loading all the damn stuff in the trailer. Once its loaded, its barely more trouble to drive home with the trailer attached than without. Leaving it there seems pretty darn lazy, and not very bright.

Another thing, noticed they were missing on the 21st, and figures they were stolen sometime after the 12th? WTF? When was the august gun show? Was the show on the 12th and the trailer sat there for a week until he got back there on the 21st? Not getting that at all.

My first read I didn't notice that, figured they disappeared overnight between fri-sat or sat-sun, thinking they don't leave their stuff in the show overnight.

Randy