Son in the Army [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Son in the Army

SawDuster
08-30-2007, 20:25
Hey gals and gents.

My son is in FT. Campbell KY with the 101 Airbourn Air Assault.
Yep, falling out of copters.

He has been in the Army since reporting for Boot of June 06.

Those of you that do so, pray for his and all of our Armed Forces Gals and Gents safety and health as they perform their duties.

My son will be shipping off to Iraqistan as he calls it next month.
Time to replace some folks over there is seems.

Anyway, I just wanted to thank all of you who have and are serving.
I was unable to due to a major surgery when I was 9.

Keep up the great work and Keep the FAITH.

GOD BLESS YOU ALL. !!!!!!!!!!!

An Infantryman's Father.

:cowboy:

Currahee
08-30-2007, 20:35
What unit is he with? I was with 1/506th IN when it was still part of 2ID (2003-2006).

God bless him and your family. The coming year will be a tough one, keep us posted. When he is over there remember - no news is good news.

xxiv
08-31-2007, 16:00
Best of luck to you and your son.

10-32
09-06-2007, 18:39
Iraqistan :animlol: Damn! And here I thought I was clever! I call it that because I don't yet know which one I'll be going to, but I know I'll go to atleast one of them.
Lately I've been thinking about requesting deployment to Iraq upon graduation of LVN school, but I haven't done so yet.

Anyway, enough about that. I wish your Son and the rest of the deployed Troops well. I thank him for his service.

Some of my buddies from AIT were recently assigned to the 101st as line Medics. They're some pretty squared away young Medics. I know they'll take care of the folks under their watch. (We do a lot of preventative stuff too - ensuring proper hydration, etc.)

Crusher47
09-06-2007, 19:23
Best of luck to you both

SawDuster
09-06-2007, 20:21
Originally posted by 10-32
Iraqistan :animlol: Damn! And here I thought I was clever! I call it that because I don't yet know which one I'll be going to, but I know I'll go to atleast one of them.
Lately I've been thinking about requesting deployment to Iraq upon graduation of LVN school, but I haven't done so yet.

Anyway, enough about that. I wish your Son and the rest of the deployed Troops well. I thank him for his service.

Some of my buddies from AIT were recently assigned to the 101st as line Medics. They're some pretty squared away young Medics. I know they'll take care of the folks under their watch. (We do a lot of preventative stuff too - ensuring proper hydration, etc.)

Thanks and God Speed to you.

I'll be keeping you and all of our Military folks in our thoughts and prayers.

deadday
09-07-2007, 08:30
Best of luck to your son! And thank you for the support, we all appreciate it greatly, some days it is really needed..

drew

SawDuster
09-11-2007, 20:37
Well, it looks like my son is soon to be in Iraqistan.

I have not heard from him in a few weeks and noticed on his Battalion's web page (2BCT 2/502) that they are conduction deployment meetings with his battalion.

Keep my son John and ALL those in uniform in your prayers.

A proud and gratefull Dad.

SawDuster
09-17-2007, 21:05
Originally posted by Currahee
What unit is he with? I was with 1/506th IN when it was still part of 2ID (2003-2006).

God bless him and your family. The coming year will be a tough one, keep us posted. When he is over there remember - no news is good news.

2BCT 2 BRIGADE 502 HHC

jbart1957
10-03-2007, 21:04
SawDuster,small world. My son is also shipping out next week to FOB Justice(north Baghdad). 2BCT 1-502 Delta Co. God bless our boys. JB.

SawDuster
10-10-2007, 20:36
Well, it's done.
The son was taken to the airport this last monday evening to fly back to Ft.Campbell.

It's off to some middle eastern country this weekend.

:cowboy: :eagle:

10-32
10-10-2007, 23:21
Originally posted by SawDuster
Well, it's done.
The son was taken to the airport this last monday evening to fly back to Ft.Campbell.

It's off to some middle eastern country this weekend.

:cowboy: :eagle:

I very much wish him well. Not only as a fellow Soldier or as a health care professional, but as a person. Sometimes the personal aspect gets lost when the nation is engaged in a foreign battle.

He'll have some high-speed people looking after him and doing what they can to preserve ALL the Soldiers under their care, that I assure you.

A job needs to be done.
Thank God for people like your Son who are willing to step up and get that job done.
Everyone stateside lives easier knowing they are there, and wherever we need them, doing what they are doing.
It takes a toll on the family as much as it does on the Soldier sometimes.
Rest assured he is in good hands, surrounded by the strongest fighting force in the WORLD, and supported by dedicated healthcare professionals every step of the way.

I joined the Army out of respect for the Soldiers. There are others just like me, and all we want to do is make sure that our Soldiers make it home. And we will do just that. I thank your Son, and I thank you and your family.

I will ALWAYS place the mission first
I will NEVER accept defeat
I will NEVER quit
I will NEVER leave a fallen Comrade

HOOAH