Need CHL packet from TX DPS or not? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need CHL packet from TX DPS or not?

G36Packer
09-01-2007, 15:33
When I got my CHL and renewal I got the packet from DPS before taking the class. I did the renewal on-line. Witht the packet came my number from the state. I understood that I needed that number to send in with the packet.

A freind is taking the CHL class later this month. I suggested he go on-line and get his packet so he ouldn't have to wait for the number later. The guy at the gun shop told us both that the instructor would provide the packet and ther number when he took the class.

So, does it matter? It really isn't clear on the DPS site.

Petra
09-01-2007, 20:48
When I got my initial CHL, the instructor supplied the packets. When I got my renewal, I had to get it from DPS. I'm guessing with the initial packet, it doesn't matter since your new to the system. Sorry I can't be of more help.

G36Packer
09-08-2007, 07:43
Thanks for the info. One less thing to worry about.

dglockster
09-09-2007, 15:48
Just did my renewal yesterday. Instructor said packet from state was required for renewals but not for the initial process.

Vic303
09-15-2007, 18:43
Yep. I'm doing my renewal class tomorrow, but will have to wait on the 'cover letter' from DPS before I send in the packet. Oh well, no big deal, I am doing the class well in front of my expiration date.