Is this signage even legal? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Is this signage even legal?


lakota222
09-01-2007, 18:45
My wife and I went out to eat at a local fast food joint.

No sign on the outside glass door. Through the foyer and no sign on the inside glass door. Ordered our food and low and behold there is a no handguns sign on the wall inside and opposite the main entrance that is in no way visible from the outside. So I now have to either run back outside to disarm or risk being discovered.

How is this signage even legal? How can you be expected to know if carry is forbidden until you are already inside the building? Absolutley ridiculous. Needless to say we will not be eating there again.

Dragster
09-01-2007, 19:02
Originally posted by lakota222
My wife and I went out to eat at a local fast food joint.

No sign on the outside glass door. Through the foyer and no sign on the inside glass door. Ordered our food and low and behold there is a no handguns sign on the wall inside and opposite the main entrance that is in no way visible from the outside. So I now have to either run back outside to disarm or risk being discovered.

How is this signage even legal? How can you be expected to know if carry is forbidden until you are already inside the building? Absolutley ridiculous. Needless to say we will not be eating there again. Its not legal, but probably accurate.

degoodman
09-01-2007, 19:42
Originally posted by lakota222
My wife and I went out to eat at a local fast food joint.

No sign on the outside glass door. Through the foyer and no sign on the inside glass door. Ordered our food and low and behold there is a no handguns sign on the wall inside and opposite the main entrance that is in no way visible from the outside. So I now have to either run back outside to disarm or risk being discovered.

How is this signage even legal? How can you be expected to know if carry is forbidden until you are already inside the building? Absolutley ridiculous. Needless to say we will not be eating there again.

All the law says is conspicuous location, it does not specify entrance, or a format for the signage. So while inconvenient, the signage is legal. And since you noticed it, it is conspicuous enough, so it's time to never patronize again.

Failure to standardize the language and location of signage was mistake #1. But giving non-standardized signage the weight of law was an absolute slap in the face.

Yet another example of why our CCW law is barely worth a toss.

elderboy02
09-01-2007, 20:28
It is probably legal, although I NEVER buy from places that post no CCW allowed. I will even drive out of my way from the closest convenience store *cough United Dairy Farmers cough* to patronize one that is not anti-gun.

lakota222
09-01-2007, 22:03
I did not even notice the sign until we had paid and had our food. I am still ticked off about this and needless to say they will not get another dime of my money.

I am trying to locate the franchise's owner to let them know that I will no longer patronise them and will warn my friends of their policies as well.

firedog978
09-02-2007, 05:44
What restaurant and where?

I might have asked for the manager and made a statement s/w like this:
"Don't you think that sign (pointing to it) would make more sense on the front door? And, since you have decided to post it, I and my family will no longer patronize your establishment".

Dinho
09-24-2007, 18:45
i love the cards available by ohioccw.org that read "you lost my business today and in the future" and more.

but you should be ok as long as you havent seen the sign. but once you see it you are breaking the law.

i refuse to patron UDF as well. and places that serve alcohol b/c i dont want to disarm. thats legislators fault though, not theirs.

Jake44460
09-30-2007, 00:36
http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j272/Jake44460/NoGunsnoMoney1of2.jpg

http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j272/Jake44460/NoGunsMoney2of2.jpg

Blitzer
09-30-2007, 02:49
Originally posted by degoodman
All the law says is conspicuous location, it does not specify entrance, or a format for the signage. So while inconvenient, the signage is legal. And since you noticed it, it is conspicuous enough, so it's time to never patronize again.

Failure to standardize the language and location of signage was mistake #1. But giving non-standardized signage the weight of law was an absolute slap in the face.

Yet another example of why our CCW law is barely worth a toss.

A toss of one's cookies perhaps! :shocked: :sad:

http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/th_pumpkin-puking.jpg (http://i199.photobucket.com/albums/aa288/Blitzer0101/pumpkin-puking.jpg)

flitcrma
10-03-2007, 16:55
Originally posted by elderboy02
It is probably legal, although I NEVER buy from places that post no CCW allowed. I will even drive out of my way from the closest convenience store *cough United Dairy Farmers cough* to patronize one that is not anti-gun.

Ditto.

Flip side of the coin if you HAVE to go in one for some unkown reason....

Sign? What sign? After all, it is knowingly carrying where forbidden outside of government buildings.

anyplainjoe
10-04-2007, 10:05
So what's the name of this joint?

lakota222
10-06-2007, 12:13
Arby's S.R.14 in Streetsboro.