New clothes! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New clothes!

Jyanna
09-02-2007, 18:33
I got new girlie clothes today. I've lost quite a lot of weight this year. In January I was wearing a size 24 and I am currently in a fairly loose size 14. For the most part I've bought new jeans, but have avoided major shopping until I've lost all the weight I'm planning to lose. Today my husband and I were at Fred Meyer looking for a new electric frying pan and I bought myself some new clothes. Three skirts and a pretty lacy shirt. Yay! Girlie clothes are fun :supergrin: :supergrin: :hearts: :supergrin: :supergrin:

kcb
09-02-2007, 21:16
Congratulations! You've done a great job getting healthier!

:hugs:

:thumbsup:

c-mama
09-02-2007, 21:40
Congrats! Great news!

I'm hoping to do a bit of shopping at the end of this month. Nothing extravagant since I'm planning on losing more, however, soon enough my hips are going to be smaller than the waistband on my pants and I have no belts to hold them up. :supergrin:

Again, fantastic! :thumbsup: :hugs:

Ballyhoo
09-02-2007, 23:50
What an accomplishment! How did you lose all that weight?
:bringiton:

Mrs. Tink
09-03-2007, 00:21
Awesome job! For everyone who has been losing weight, here's a tip. I myself have lost 6 dress sizes since Feb, and I have found the thrift store to be a great resource for those "in-between" times like I am in. I have not finished losing--I have a ways to go--and I am loath to spend a lot of cash on new clothes too. But at the thrift store I got three shirts and four pairs of pants (plus a tie for my husband) for $43. I got some great finds too. Nothing that was raggedy or faded.

Congrats! :banana:

BabyTaz
09-04-2007, 08:47

Nice work!! Enjoy the shopping!! I can't WAIT until Lany Bryant is just a memory!!!!:supergrin:

c-mama
09-04-2007, 09:30
Originally posted by BabyTaz

Nice work!! Enjoy the shopping!! I can't WAIT until Lany Bryant is just a memory!!!!:supergrin: AMEN!

I'm hoping, at the end of this month, to check out the thrift stores to see what they might have in my size. If they don't, I'll have to trek over to Lane Bryant and check out the clearance items. Good thing I'm not one to worry about dressing "in fashion". I'll happily wear the summer wardrobe in the winter. Helps that our winters are 70-80 degrees. :supergrin:

Blitzer
09-04-2007, 10:18
Photo shoot!;)

gruntmedik
09-05-2007, 22:47
Holy Moly, you're shrinking!! Congrats! :hugs:

Jyanna
09-06-2007, 20:04
Originally posted by Ballyhoo
What an accomplishment! How did you lose all that weight?
:bringiton:

Sorry! Meant to respond to this a while ago. I joined a gym and I work out 5 days a week doing intense cardio. Additionally I am very careful about what I eat these days. I occasionally indulge in something terribly unhealthy, but for the most part I stick with low fat meats (chicken and fish) and vegetables (steamed or raw).