Gun Ranges in FL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Ranges in FL

itsnitro
09-03-2007, 11:33
I have a question, Since when do you have to be 21 to shoot a privately owned gun at a shooting range? I just called a shooting range in Port St. Lucie and they said you have to be 21....what crap! I am over 21 but my g/f is only 20. BLAH! my rant is over...

xaosflux
09-03-2007, 11:47
No law, private range, private rules.

Bit of a drive from Boca, but try the Sebastian Public Range (http://www.ircgov.com/Departments/General_Services/Shooting_Range/Index.htm).

Minimum age their is 10 years old.

specialkwpb
09-08-2007, 01:05
My favorite is Palm Beach Shooting Center off of 10th Ave in Lake Worth, great people there. I go at least once a month, got my CWP and my G26 there, and I don't ever remember them having a prob. when I was underage. There's also the Delray Shooting Center a little closer to your place. BTW- Thanks, that was good reading!

itsnitro
09-08-2007, 08:13
Originally posted by xaosflux
No law, private range, private rules.

Bit of a drive from Boca, but try the Sebastian Public Range (http://www.ircgov.com/Departments/General_Services/Shooting_Range/Index.htm).

Minimum age their is 10 years old.

:thumbsup: Thanks but it is a drive! a loooong one!

Originally posted by specialkwpb
My favorite is Palm Beach Shooting Center off of 10th Ave in Lake Worth, great people there. I go at least once a month, got my CWP and my G26 there, and I don't ever remember them having a prob. when I was underage. There's also the Delray Shooting Center a little closer to your place. BTW- Thanks, that was good reading!

Thanks for that! That to is where I took my CCW class. I feel it could have been a lot better.. but hey that's neither here or there.

I choose not to visit the ranges in PBC as a lot of other members from what I gather don't either due to their no out side ammo policy.

It's a bit of a rip off to pay 15bucks for one box of 50 rounds of 9mm ammo when at walmart I can spend the same if not less and get more. other then that, not a bad range.

:)

packinaglock
09-09-2007, 15:03
Yea Im going to start going out of county I dont like shooting their ammo I think it's a ripoff

itsnitro
09-10-2007, 04:32
Originally posted by packinaglock
Yea Im going to start going out of county I dont like shooting their ammo I think it's a ripoff

Yupp! I agree.

TxsRanger99
09-23-2007, 17:33
I'm in West Palm Beach and I have driven up to the indian river public range. great for a day off trip. Awesome Range. have everything from pellet gun range,rifle,handgun,archery, and a couple shotgun ranges. Would definately reccomend. It is worth the trip.

itsnitro
09-25-2007, 15:57
Originally posted by TxsRanger99
I'm in West Palm Beach and I have driven up to the indian river public range. great for a day off trip. Awesome Range. have everything from pellet gun range,rifle,handgun,archery, and a couple shotgun ranges. Would definately reccomend. It is worth the trip.

Allowed to use out side ammo?? :) thanks for the report!

xaosflux
09-29-2007, 22:15
Your gun, your ammo. No tracers or other exotic types of ammo, but any normal SP/FMJ/JHP is fine.

packinaglock
09-30-2007, 05:29
Cool im gonna have to start going there