Honda S2000 Owners Out there? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Honda S2000 Owners Out there?

ranger88
09-04-2007, 17:57
Anybody out there own or even driven a Honda S2000? I'm thinking about picking a used one up as a weekend driver within the next year or so. I currently have a 2002 Double cab Toyota Tacoma that I love and utilize for work, but would love to have a little car to zip around in on the weekends or when I just don't feel like being in the truck.

epsylum
09-07-2007, 17:17
I wanted one badly until I sat in one. Nothing wrong with it other than it is too small and I am too big. I really wanted one because they are pretty affordable used. When I sat in one it crushed all my dreams. My leg couldn't bend enough to even get my foot on the clutch and getting out was a chore to say the least.

pnarq5
09-17-2007, 12:37
Here is mine. The Ford GT is not mine.

http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=758066

Here are some quotes that flatter the S2000 (great read).

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=102138

ranger88
09-17-2007, 17:16
Thanks for the pics and the links. I'm currently saving my pennies to buy a slightly used one sometime in the next two years. I'll keep my Toyota Taco Double Cab for the heavier hauling and work. But the Honda is going to be purely for enjoyment.

dave27
10-05-2007, 13:35
Former owner here, had an '02 Spa Yellow for 4 years. LOVED that car, just about everything was awesome. Well, it could have used more power but I'd say the same thing about a Viper. Yes, I have issues. :supergrin:

The ONLY reason I sold it was I needed back seats for my babies. I drove mine as a daily driver and through two NY winters, autocross, track school, club cruises, road trips, etc. I've used it for just about everything so if you have any questions hit me up.

Liquid
10-07-2007, 08:53
i considered one but i am 6'5". they are hot cars.

ranger88
10-07-2007, 17:01
After reading all of the reviews, I'm jonesing for one prety hard. I just have to be patient and wait for some financial issues to clear up and then it will be an S2000 for me. I can hardly wait. The Taco is getting boring and I need a little excitement. Been awhile since I've had a manual transmission and I can't wait to try out the 6 speed. Just hope I can find a good deal on a slightly used one in the $25,000 range. Been perusing E-bay for prices and it looks completely doable.

Patience...patience...patience...

dave27
10-07-2007, 19:05
Originally posted by Liquid
i considered one but i am 6'5". they are hot cars. Don't rule it out until you sit in one. I know several people that were over 6' that fit in it fine. Some tall people seem to fit better than others, not sure why.

ranger88
10-08-2007, 01:55
I'm only 5'10", so I don't think that height will be a consideration for me.

epsylum
10-09-2007, 13:49
Originally posted by dave27
Don't rule it out until you sit in one. I know several people that were over 6' that fit in it fine. Some tall people seem to fit better than others, not sure why.

I am 6'3". I "fit" in it fine. As in I could get in and sit down, but I could not get my foot on the clutch, the steering wheel was in the way of my knee. Getting out was another chore. ;)

Who knows, depending on the build I can see someone else over 6' maybe having better luck than I did.

My first car was an '86 300ZX two seater and I fit in it just fine.

FlaFF
10-14-2007, 18:02
Originally posted by ranger88
After reading all of the reviews, I'm jonesing for one prety hard. I just have to be patient and wait for some financial issues to clear up and then it will be an S2000 for me. I can hardly wait. The Taco is getting boring and I need a little excitement. Been awhile since I've had a manual transmission and I can't wait to try out the 6 speed. Just hope I can find a good deal on a slightly used one in the $25,000 range. Been perusing E-bay for prices and it looks completely doable.

Patience...patience...patience...

You can buy a brand spanking new one through www.carsdirect.com for $30,144. Just so ya know :thumbsup:

FlaFF

ranger88
10-14-2007, 19:27
$30,144 is a great price, but I'm already going to be extending myself pretty far buying a used one around $25,000. This will be a second vehicle for me, so I'm not as concerned about getting a brand new one. But I appreciate the heads-up. Seems like their are alot of great used examples available out there. I've been perusing E-bay and the local used listings pretty regularly.