glock 19 or 17 barrel in glock 26 pistol [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : glock 19 or 17 barrel in glock 26 pistol

zorkd
09-07-2007, 03:13
will a glock 19 or 17 length barrel work with a glock 26 pistol?

bisoy
09-07-2007, 03:40
glock 19 will fit the glock 26. iba sa glock 17.

zorkd
09-07-2007, 04:37
thanks, i'll check that out.

boholglock
09-07-2007, 05:36
compact and subcompact glocks have the same barrel lugs so a G19 barrel can fit in a G26. But the G17 barrel can not.

hope this is helpful.

toxic
09-07-2007, 08:33
but the magazines can.
What aftermarket Barrels can you guys recommend on a G26?

sensya na zorkd , wanted some infos aswell on G26, ill be getting mine soon.

Kaiser Soze
09-07-2007, 08:47
Hi Sir, from my experience Bar-Sto are the best, but are quite pricey and some require gunsmithing.

Federal is also good, as well as Lone Wolf. PM me na lang about a barrel, I'm thinking of disposing of mine :)

Valor1
09-07-2007, 08:48
Try Barsto and KKM Precision. Tried both and very satisfied with the results.

zorkd
09-07-2007, 18:51
that's quite alright sir toxic, nice to see further discussion.

you'll enjoy your glock 26 for sure, it's a neat little 9mm.

sir kaiser magkano mo bebenta glock 19 barrel? teka, barrel is the gun diba, so kelangan lipat lisensya? oo nga noh, if one sells a barrel and thus transfers the license, papaano na yung naiwan na parts like frame and slide? weird kasi nang batas dito eh.

New_comer
09-07-2007, 20:08
Originally posted by zorkd
will a glock 19 or 17 length barrel work with a glock 26 pistol?
Why substitute with a longer barrel?:headscratch:

zorkd
09-08-2007, 00:42
i am getting a spare barrel with conventionally rifled grooves for shooting lead, since i'm just gonna use this for the range i thought it would be interesting to try a longer barrel on the 26...with a glock 17 mag i get 18 rounds and velocity from a g 19.

New_comer
09-08-2007, 04:12
Mmm... I see...

I thought you're going to thread the tip and install a suppressor... ;)

At any rate I've seen that configuration before, and he still can't hit a 4" popper at 7 yards away due to the 26's shorter sight radius.

sdfhpson
09-08-2007, 05:55
Originally posted by New_comer
At any rate I've seen that configuration before, and he still can't hit a 4" popper at 7 yards away due to the 26's shorter sight radius.

humm... must be the guy. -- There's a few people on here that argue that their g27 is more accurate than their g23 to them.

zorkd
09-08-2007, 06:16
threads and a can would be great but i suspect the can will cost more than the gun, too expensive, if i'll spend on suppressing something, it'd be some sort of .22 like a mark III ruger

batangueno
09-08-2007, 08:25
that's quite alright sir toxic, nice to see further discussion.

you'll enjoy your glock 26 for sure, it's a neat little 9mm.

sir kaiser magkano mo bebenta glock 19 barrel? teka, barrel is the gun diba, so kelangan lipat lisensya? oo nga noh, if one sells a barrel and thus transfers the license, papaano na yung naiwan na parts like frame and slide? weird kasi nang batas dito eh.
Glock's barrel doesn't have a serial number so how can they tell if it was tranferred from one pistol to another?

Kaiser Soze
09-08-2007, 09:32
Only stock Glock barrels have serial numbers bro, and the aftermarket ones don't have it. I was able to buy, much to my surprise, over the counter. The problem is the supply, they're harder to find nowadays, and the only place I saw them at recently is Nashe, where they're selling for 18-20k!

New_comer
09-08-2007, 10:19
Originally posted by sdfhpson
humm... must be the guy. -- There's a few people on here that argue that their g27 is more accurate than their g23 to them. No. I don't think that was so... He spent all the rounds in four mags and was unable to finish the all steel IPSC stage.

He promptly pulled out his full size Para Ordnance 40SW, asked for a reset, and dropped every little plate in sight, up to 10 meters distance. T'was the gun.

Might be the barrel mismatch with the shorter 26, not being able to reseat properly with the smaller frame...

zorkd
09-08-2007, 18:11
oh yeah, so technically, *all* glock aftermarket barrels are loose "firearms"?

since in .ph the barrel is the gun, and your barrel (gun in the eyes of the law) is not registered, then it is a loose firearm? ano ba ang legal precedent sa lawfulness nang possession of a barrel na walang serial number?

since hindi mo naman inalis, hindi siya tampered, pero it still seems its in legal limbo.

royal glockster
09-08-2007, 23:01
oh yeah, so technically, *all* glock aftermarket barrels are loose "firearms"?

since in .ph the barrel is the gun, and your barrel (gun in the eyes of the law) is not registered, then it is a loose firearm? ano ba ang legal precedent sa lawfulness nang possession of a barrel na walang serial number?

since hindi mo naman inalis, hindi siya tampered, pero it still seems its in legal limbo.

IIRC, the barrel is not the gun..it's the frame of the gun that is being registered. I have bought some 1911 barrels in different gunstores, no questions asked.

s0nny_g17
09-09-2007, 07:28
i think you have to register sa fed kapag bumili ka ng barrel para sa fa mo.

under philippine gun law a barrel is considered a fa(sino kaya ang lawmaker na gumawa nito?)

barsto - one of the best
lonewolf - you cant go wrong with it
glock barrels avail ata sa trust trade(+/-11k)

if its just for practice just buy reloaded fmj. imagine how many rounds you can buy for 18k.
if you are planning to compete its gonna be a big disadvantage for you. it will be better to just buy a different gun for competition(g17/g35 na lang para same trigger)

batangueno
09-09-2007, 09:46
Ks is correct, the stock glock barrel has the serial number.

sdfhpson
09-09-2007, 15:29
Originally posted by s0nny_g17
.... sa fed kapag bumili ka ng barrel para sa fa mo.

...(sino kaya ang lawmaker na gumawa nito?)...

... ata sa trust trade...

...(g17/g35 na lang para ...)

:headscratch:

CatsMeow
09-09-2007, 21:22
Originally posted by s0nny_g17
i think you have to register sa fed kapag bumili ka ng barrel para sa fa mo.

under philippine gun law a barrel is considered a fa(sino kaya ang lawmaker na gumawa nito?)

barsto - one of the best
lonewolf - you cant go wrong with it
glock barrels avail ata sa trust trade(+/-11k)

if its just for practice just buy reloaded fmj. imagine how many rounds you can buy for 18k.
if you are planning to compete its gonna be a big disadvantage for you. it will be better to just buy a different gun for competition(g17/g35 na lang para same trigger)

Experience with reloaded FMJs from a certain gunstore quickly soured me on them. Three case ruptures in a row plus for some reason the ejected cases would not go sideways but straight up and back to hit the visor of my cap.

That's why I now use factory FMJs; very expensive but I'm sure they won't kaboom my one and only gun...:)

The most consistent FMJ I fired was PBDionisio, came in those cute little 25 round boxes, uses Fiocchi brass I think, and all empties could be covered in a 12-inch circle.