The New Mitsubishi Lancer [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : The New Mitsubishi Lancer

isuzu
09-09-2007, 19:24
I've been surfing the Mitsubishi Motors Philippines website, and I noticed that they've improved their website a lot. However, the current Lancer being sold there was the last model that came out before they introduced the new platform. It's bigger than the current one being sold in the Philippines.

I really admire the traction of the Lancer especially in the snow, owing it to its rally experience. We live near a hill, and when it first snowed last year, we observed vehicles trying to go up the hill, putting emphasis on Japanese cars. For a period of two hours: All Lancers were able to go up the hill. The Corollas and Sentras were okay. Most of them managed to get up the hill. The worst was the Honda Civics. A lot of them weren't able to go up the hill, and some of them even slid back. Fortunately, they weren't able to hit the other vehicles waiting to go up the hill.

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/08/index.do?loc=en-us

Glock_19_9x19
09-09-2007, 20:03
Originally posted by isuzu

http://www.mitsubishicars.com/MMNA/jsp/lancer/08/index.do?loc=en-us

I like it! I like it! :thumbsup:

When will it be released here sa Pinas?

Benj
09-09-2007, 22:09
Originally posted by isuzu
I really admire the traction of the Lancer especially in the snow, owing it to its rally experience. We live near a hill, and when it first snowed last year, we observed vehicles trying to go up the hill, putting emphasis on Japanese cars. For a period of two hours: All Lancers were able to go up the hill. The Corollas and Sentras were okay. Most of them managed to get up the hill. The worst was the Honda Civics. A lot of them weren't able to go up the hill, and some of them even slid back. Fortunately, they weren't able to hit the other vehicles waiting to go up the hill.

Uhmm..the base model Lancer shares very little with the rally cars or even the Evo street car. It being able to go up the snowy hill can be because of several factors like tires, clutch wear, torque of the engine, driver ability, etc. etc. Not necessarily because of rally-breeding. Just my .02 :)

isuzu
09-10-2007, 06:47
Originally posted by Benj
Uhmm..the base model Lancer shares very little with the rally cars or even the Evo street car. It being able to go up the snowy hill can be because of several factors like tires, clutch wear, torque of the engine, driver ability, etc. etc. Not necessarily because of rally-breeding. Just my .02 :)

But why did all Lancers able to go up the hill while the others weren't that successful? There are also 2 wheel drive Lancers that join the rally. From what we saw, it was a purely an issue of traction.

batangueno
09-10-2007, 07:47
At last a good looking lancer. The last model sucks. :supergrin:

Allegra
09-10-2007, 08:56
I hate mitsubishi!! especially lancers !! grrrrrrrrr

Dok
09-12-2007, 18:39
i'll buy a lancer pag may snow na sa pilipinas.:supergrin:

chowchow
09-12-2007, 18:45
Front wheel drive yan ?

isuzu
09-12-2007, 19:01
Originally posted by Dok
i'll buy a lancer pag may snow na sa pilipinas.:supergrin:

Nice one, Dok!:supergrin:

Anyway, I have a Filipino friend here who has a 2003 Lancer, and we drove it last year on snow and icy roads with its original Dunlop Tires (185/65-14) with only 7/32" thread depth left on the tires, and we never experienced difficulty on the road. I believe it's the suspension's design that contributed a lot to better handling in different conditions.

isuzu
09-12-2007, 19:21
Originally posted by chowchow
Front wheel drive yan ?

Yup, front wheel drive. If you're into bigger cars, wait for the 2009 Chevy Impala. Heard that they're going back to the rear wheel drivetrain.