Car Question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Car Question

Allegra
09-10-2007, 09:15
Hi guys,
Lots of new models I'm not familiar with

Car question from a friend, whats a good car/van/suv/truck that seats 5 guys and 1 or 2 bikes? Budget mga 1.5M or below but the cheaper the better

...yup I know the innova fits the bill kaso.....wag yun :)

batangueno
09-10-2007, 09:20
Hyundai Santa Fe

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_407/car_photo_203577_7.jpg

ahtsay
09-10-2007, 09:26
Originally posted by batangueno
Hyundai Santa Fe

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/images/front_picture_library_UK/dir_407/car_photo_203577_7.jpg

I agree! :thumbsup: My brother in law just got one.....after researching for 2 months...best bang for the buck!! Ganda pa! :thumbsup:

Allegra
09-10-2007, 09:35
Ws hoping someone would say the Santa Fe :) Ganda nga nya
natatakot lang ako baka hindi reliable , di kasi siya maalaga sa sasakyan, ang alam ko lang magpalit ng gulong :)

How much ba sya? :)

cshermiel
09-10-2007, 12:48
Originally posted by Allegra
Ws hoping someone would say the Santa Fe :) Ganda nga nya
natatakot lang ako baka hindi reliable , di kasi siya maalaga sa sasakyan, ang alam ko lang magpalit ng gulong :)

How much ba sya? :)

santa fe :thumbsup: . good reviews. some say its even better than toyota fortuner

foxyyy
09-10-2007, 12:56
agree...2.3L CRDi 16V VGT 4x2 hyundai sta. fe would be the best choice BUT if you're going on rough roads or on trails..better get the 2.5L CRDi 16V 4x4 kia sorento

me got a sorento last june..no complaints so far ;)

Eye Cutter
09-10-2007, 16:41
a nice pre-owned trooper or fieldmaster pajero can be had for less than 1M

although, malaki na talaga ang na-improve sa reliability and satisfaction ratings ng korean cars...

the new hyundai vera cruz packs a v-6 crdi diesel engine rated at 250hp! ang lufet ng torque nun! kaso more than 2M na yata..

Allegra
09-10-2007, 18:16
Originally posted by Eye Cutter

although, malaki na talaga ang na-improve sa reliability and satisfaction ratings ng korean cars...

the new hyundai vera cruz packs a v-6 crdi diesel engine rated at 250hp! ang lufet ng torque nun! kaso more than 2M na yata..

Kamusta na trooper mo fafa? :) yoko ng mitsu eh

Eye Cutter
09-10-2007, 18:39
ayos na ayos fafa! yesterday, pinasok ko sa casa for the 60k preventive maintenance works due. shelled out some heavy cash, pero worth it naman for peace of mind!

sarap ng ride, malakas makina, mura diesel ng P5-6 per L, cut my monthly fuel costs by almost 1/2 from previous vehicle (2.0L CRV).

thanks kay benj sa payo niya re: fieldmaster vs. trooper before i got it last year!

my bling-bling ride! hehehe!
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/DSC_3516r.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/DSC_3409r.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/DSC_5913r.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/DSC_2298r.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v483/eyecutter/DSC_2215r.jpg

hehehe! sorry sa madaming pics! wala lang magawa!

Pare, pa-test drive, ha??? (matching baritone voice)

isuzu
09-10-2007, 19:01

Wow, diesel Hyundais. I was surprised to see a diesel Accent in the Philippines when I went home in June. All Hyundais here in Canada are gasoline-powered. The gas Vera Cruz didn't have good reviews, but the Santa Fe had good ratings. Same with the Sonata. These cars are giving Camrys and Accords good competition. Lots of standard features.

BTW, Toyota is planning on selling diesel-powered trucks here in North America. About time.

Sweater
09-10-2007, 20:46
Very nice.Good luck in your new Trooper.

revo
09-10-2007, 21:41
That's around U$33K. You should find a lot of choices in that price range.

I'm biased towards Toyotas and recommend nothing but Toyotas. I have a 2002 Toyota Sequoia and 1996 4runner.

Allegra
09-10-2007, 22:34
ayos na ayos fafa! yesterday, pinasok ko sa casa for the 60k preventive maintenance works due. shelled out some heavy cash, pero worth it naman for peace of mind!

sarap ng ride, malakas makina, mura diesel ng P5-6 per L, cut my monthly fuel costs by almost 1/2 from previous vehicle (2.0L CRV).

thanks kay benj sa payo niya re: fieldmaster vs. trooper before i got it last year!

my bling-bling ride! hehehe!
hehehe! sorry sa madaming pics! wala lang magawa!

Pare, pa-test drive, ha??? (matching baritone voice)

bwahahaha!!! looks delicious
Aandar ba yan kung every 6 months lang linisin?
It usually takes 6 months hanggang hindi na matiis linisin ng kapitbahay ko sasakyan ko e :)

Kaya pala nasissira sasakyan ko
2t lang na gastos sa talyer masama pa loob ko hehe

Chie
09-10-2007, 23:25
With a 1.5M budget for the b-new I'd settle for a Santa Fe or a Fortunner and for the 2nd hand I'd get a Pajero or Trooper with matching new blasters :supergrin:

mikey177
09-11-2007, 02:59
Since Allegra mentioned that he might not be meticulous with regard to maintenance, maybe a second-hand old school diesel van/SUV is the way to go. I know that the new CRDI engines are great --I have a one-year old CRDI Starex that has 57,000-km on the clock and it has oodles of torque and a decent highway cruising speed.

However, I have to bring it in for PMS every 5,000-km, otherwise I might get black smoke emissions or degraded performance. Moreover, given my daily route, I can cover 5,000-km every 30 days or so. This translates to a casa maintenance expense of around 3-4,000 pesos every month.

Just some additional food for thought :)

choi_tan2000
09-11-2007, 03:08
for 1.5 il go for fortuner

no problem so far for the past 35kilometers

tipin rin sa crude

G19c,PH
09-11-2007, 03:38
Originally posted by choi_tan2000
for 1.5 il go for fortuner

no problem so far for the past 35kilometers

tipin rin sa crude

+1 or a hilux

Sweater
09-11-2007, 21:45
CHOI,Sorry for being ignorant who made Fortuner ? Thanks---Sweater

batangueno
09-11-2007, 21:51
Originally posted by Sweater
Toyota Fortuner. Maganda kaya lang matagtag.

Sweater
09-11-2007, 21:53
Thanks, Kabayan.

tigra
09-12-2007, 00:33
Originally posted by Chie
for the 2nd hand I'd get a Pajero or Trooper

sus, maniwala ako........hahahahahahahahaha!:cheers:

CatsMeow
09-12-2007, 01:27

Somebody told me it's sold there, but under the Lexus marque.:)

G19c,PH
09-12-2007, 03:30
Looks like this medyo bigger ng konti yung Fortuner...http://autos.yahoo.com/lexus_rx_350/

choi_tan2000
09-12-2007, 19:34
sweater sorry late reply just got out for 11 hours glock armorers course yesterday hehehe.

ya fortuner and i think halos preho sya nung lexus..

medyo matagtag but for me tolerable . maybe because of high ground clearance... i used it to go to sagada via nueva viscaya banawe then al the way to baguio via buguias wow. exelent trip.

isuzu
09-12-2007, 19:47

Sweater,

You may want to check these Philippine Car Manufacturer websites:

www.toyota.com.ph

www.mitsubishi-motors.com.ph

www.ford.com.ph

www.mazda.com.ph

www.nissan.com.ph

www.suzuki.com.ph

www.honda.com.ph

Ford has a different version of the Ranger, which has a Mazda diesel engine. They also have a newer model of the Ford Everest, Escape, Explorer, and Expedition. I was able to ride on the 1st gen Everests, and the ride is very comfortable. The Toyota Hi-lux has a stiffer suspension, but I believe it was designed to handle the Southeast Asian roads which are not well-paved.

CatsMeow
09-12-2007, 19:58
I was at SM Mall of Asia last December and Ford was having a demonstration of its new Ranger, both 4x2 and 4x4. Dale Abenojar was then putting the 4x4 through the obstacle course. They offered anyone with a license a chance to test-drive one through the same course, but I chickened out; I was afraid I will roll it over, and it would be most embarrassing at best.:supergrin:

Sweater
09-12-2007, 20:15
Choi,Thanks,I have a 2005 Nissan Armada SE ,V8,317 horses,12 to 15 miles per gallon.I need to tow my family around.Took this one from Maine to Florida without any problem. Here is my Family Toy. http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/sweater6625/DSC01400.jpg

choi_tan2000
09-12-2007, 20:26
nice car ha

V8 grabe klakas sa gasoline but im sure sulit hehehe

good day lars

Benj
09-12-2007, 21:38
The Fortuner isn't available in the states, and it's far from the Lexus RX330. The Fortuner is actually just the hilux made into SUV form. The Lexus is a totally different platform (camry based if I'm not mistaken)

Allegra
09-12-2007, 22:29
Originally posted by choi_tan2000
sweater sorry late reply just got out for 11 hours glock armorers course yesterday hehehe.

ya fortuner and i think halos preho sya nung lexus..

medyo matagtag but for me tolerable . maybe because of high ground clearance... i used it to go to sagada via nueva viscaya banawe then al the way to baguio via buguias wow. exelent trip.

Ey , that's what I'm planning too
Kamusta daan? kayang kaya ng 4x2?

choi_tan2000
09-12-2007, 23:37
yes sir kaya ng 4x2 maybe iba lng situation ngaun kasi medyo maulan na ive been there february i think ala pa ulan and ang lamig grabe .. sa taas may 8-9 degrees na lng ang lamig

nice place sir

choi

CatsMeow
09-13-2007, 00:28
Originally posted by Benj
The Fortuner isn't available in the states, and it's far from the Lexus RX330. The Fortuner is actually just the hilux made into SUV form. The Lexus is a totally different platform (camry based if I'm not mistaken)

I saw one a few days ago, Fortuner body but with the grinning Lexus grille and emblem. Lexus emblem at the back too. Perhaps it was a "Dubai version", not available in the US.:supergrin: Or a Fortuner rebadged by the owner.:supergrin:

Benj
09-13-2007, 03:01
I've seen a Fortuner badged as a Lexus as well hehehe

medyo kahawig naman kasi talaga ang Lexus RX with the Toyota Fortuner, but they are totally different cars :)

jjserv
09-13-2007, 06:51
For your interest. Even owners of other SUVs probably voted for the Fe too.

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=37805&highlight=comparo

To know more about the SF:

http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showthread.php?t=27145

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

bagito
09-15-2007, 03:48
kia sorrento:thumbsup:

Allegra
09-17-2007, 07:09
Problem w/ the santa Fe
1.5m for the 4x2 and it doesnt have the interior of the 4x4 w/c costs 2.2m

So I'm stuck between the new 3.2 li Strada ( ang fogi pala ) or the 4x2 everest w/c are basically the same price and more value

Anything wrong w/ the everest?
Everyone I ask wants the strada, ako din :) but the everest looks just what I need

kristiansen
09-17-2007, 07:42
everest gets good reviews in 4x4forum.check it out fafa.

Allegra
09-17-2007, 08:04
Originally posted by kristiansen
everest gets good reviews in 4x4forum.check it out fafa.

I'll check it out thanx!

jjserv
09-17-2007, 08:12
Suggest you try all you have shorlisted for a test drive. Feel the power, amenities and riding comfort of the actual model you prefer. :thumbsup:

Allegra
09-17-2007, 09:24
Originally posted by jjserv
Suggest you try all you have shorlisted for a test drive. Feel the power, amenities and riding comfort of the actual model you prefer. :thumbsup:

Test drove the everest kanina , and it accelerates like a 1600 car :) very smooth kaso the interior is very utiltarian compared sa strada
One of my younger friends told me , "bagay nga sayo , pangmatanda " haha
I'm worried about the resale value and casa only parts

Couldnt find a mitsu dealer ( I hate mitsu except the strada :)) w/ the new 3.2li in stock. The recent 2.5 is smooth and fast , kaya the new 3.2 should be even better , 18inch na gulong

My brain is telling me just get the innova coz it's a toyota
But It just really looks like something you drive nuns to the convent on
Your not excited to see it in your garage , for me lang naman yun

foxyyy
09-17-2007, 09:55
@Allegra

4x4 Santa Fe costs around 1.8M..baka Veracruz yong 2.2M

Test drive them all..baka may ma experience or discover ka that would make your decision worth it.

Before I bought my Sorento, I test drive these models:

- Fortuner
- Everest
- Alterra
- Sorento

At that time, walang stock ng Sta. Fe dito sa area namin. Nevertheless, no regrets with the Sorento. By the way, it's CRDi system is from Borg-Warner..the pioneer in that technology & simply the best.

For ruggedness, which most roads here in the Phils are: Kia Sorento
For smoothness, on-road performance: Hyundai Sta. Fe

Allegra
09-17-2007, 10:26
I realy have to stick to the 1.5 m budget , anything higher baka am at calamansi nalang kakainin ng mga anak ko :)
Kaso ,I think the vehicles worth 1.2 - 1.3 ( 4x4strada/4x2everest) are better value than the vehicles sa 1.5 ( 4x4everest/4x2allterra/fortuner/santafe)

But yeah , the 4x4 santfe looks real good

foxyyy
09-17-2007, 10:34
In that case, i would go for the 4x2 ford everest..maganda at malakas yong engine niya compared sa iba..both in terms of hp & torque under low RPM..borg-warner crdi rin and with VGT (variable geometry turbine) na sya. Sulit na sulit!

Chie
09-17-2007, 21:22
Originally posted by tigra
sus, maniwala ako........hahahahahahahahaha!:cheers:

nyehehe... hindi kasi sinama sa option if pwede second hand benz eh :animlol:

jjserv
09-18-2007, 08:47
Originally posted by Allegra
I realy have to stick to the 1.5 m budget , anything higher baka am at calamansi nalang kakainin ng mga anak ko :)
Kaso ,I think the vehicles worth 1.2 - 1.3 ( 4x4strada/4x2everest) are better value than the vehicles sa 1.5 ( 4x4everest/4x2allterra/fortuner/santafe)

But yeah , the 4x4 santfe looks real good

I drove the 2007 Toyota Hilux for 3 weeks early this year. It was rough riding even for long stretches on the highway. Im not sure with the Strada, but I suppose pickups would have the roughly the same stiff ride -- being designed really for hauling heavy cargo. I would not recommend it if you have small kids, pregnant women and the elderly as passengers.

Try the Santa Fe 4x2 CRDI (diesel) MATIC and see the more than adequate power and class leading soft ride. Gauranteed your kids will love it. P1.490M and 5-Year/100K KM Bumper-to-Bumper warranty. Hard to beat! On NLEX, you actually dont feel that your traveling 160KMH already -- amazing. FC is 8-9 km/li City Driving.

Something I really liked about the Santa Fe: Steering Wheel Audio Controls, lighted front doors; aircon control at the 3rd row; power outlets at 2nd and 3rd row; 7 seater (3rd row could be retracted under the floor if you need more cargo space). BTW, I'm not an agent of Hyundai/Santa Fe. hehe

kristiansen
09-18-2007, 22:17
nissan urvan na lang!:supergrin: can fit 4-6 bikes,reliable a/c,pede school bus and carry 12 GRO's.:laughabove:

binoy
09-19-2007, 08:11
Choi,Thanks,I have a 2005 Nissan Armada SE ,V8,317 horses,12 to 15 miles per gallon.I need to tow my family around.Took this one from Maine to Florida without any problem. Here is my Family Toy. http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s317/sweater6625/DSC01400.jpg

Sweater.. Your place looks familiar.. Lodi ba yan?

Sweater
09-20-2007, 04:11
No, South Jersey near Atlantic City.

Sweater
09-20-2007, 04:11
N

Allegra
09-21-2007, 06:21
Salamat sa suggestions everyone , dont know a thing about cars
Still cant decide but hopefully next week :)

btw, took a look at some sports cars last weekend for a friend , and a friend's friend's cousin's uncles's roomate's nephew knew a dealer
We went to an old building and met....kids probably a little more than college age but magaling na bumola
Went down to the basement parking and there parked were quite a few very fast 07 japanese and euro cars
Cant help laughing coz the setting and merchandise felt very miami vice kulang nalang ng soundtrack
Daym , how come I never see these spidery cars sa slex ,walang kapustahan ang starex ko hehe

Ersatz0906
10-17-2007, 01:34
my Toyota Fortuner :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ersatz0906/BlackRhinoHORN-1.jpg

Allegra
10-17-2007, 07:28
My pickup is arriving tomorrow , yehey!
Funyeta , tagal mag release ng black , it's been almost 4 weeks
Effing mitsu better get it right , w/ my luck I bet the door will fall off after a week

atmarcella
10-17-2007, 19:32
walastik ersatz bling bling....im sure naka subwoofer din yan, bagay na bagay dyan .50 cents "in da club"

atmarcella
10-17-2007, 19:33
walastik ersatz bling bling....im sure naka subwoofer din yan, bagay na bagay dyan .50 cents "in da club"

ess45
10-17-2007, 20:17
Kung dito ka mapapagkamalan kang egoy sa kislap ng mga chrome mo, lalo na kung naka subwoofer pa......joke lang.

Ganda ng Fotuner mo.

Ersatz0906
10-18-2007, 04:07
Kung dito ka mapapagkamalan kang egoy sa kislap ng mga chrome mo, lalo na kung naka subwoofer pa......joke lang.

Ganda ng Fotuner mo.

12" sub lng using 3rd row seat kasi, no more space for big ass Sub :)

Ersatz0906
10-18-2007, 04:10
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ersatz0906/IMG_4717.jpg
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ersatz0906/toxic.jpg

here's my old Civic

Allegra
10-18-2007, 06:33
Nice car , and nice house :)

Guys,
Anyone familiar w/ the new mitsu pickups?
Manual trnsmission
It's been awhile since i've driven manual , but ganun ba talaga kataas ang clutch? sobrang taas ang laki na nga ng paa ko hirap pa rin
Plus , ganun ba ka rough mag shift ng gears?
Hirap ako hanapin yung 3rd!
Dose this get any better pag tumagal ang gamit? I bet an elf shifts better than this
Anyone know about this? many thanx!

atmarcella
10-18-2007, 08:42
sabi kna nga familiar background ng fortuner mo eh nakalimutan ko kababyan pala kita... i used to run at the sportscomplex.

guys, that mansion posted by ersatz is the lizares mansion it was built w/ sugar money way back 1890's pa it even has a pool at the back, you should see that house at xmas time, it has like 1 billion lights....no kidding.

master a,

di kaya you got a lemon....take it back to the casa and raise hell about it

Ersatz0906
10-18-2007, 17:02
malaking kutob ko meron problem yan kay sir allegra d dapat ganyan kahit break in period yung mag shift nung gears d dapat rough...bring it back sir sa casa maybe they will re adjust the clutch para swabe mag shift....

hello sir atm :) yep they should visit Iloilo city this december to watch the xmas lights of lizares mansion (this is one of the tourist spot of Iloilo City, lalo na mag December)

dinggaling
10-18-2007, 20:29
sabi kna nga familiar background ng fortuner mo eh nakalimutan ko kababyan pala kita... i used to run at the sportscomplex.

master a,

di kaya you got a lemon....take it back to the casa and raise hell about it

tama ka kabayan, raise hell with the dealer mr A, brand new yan idol, it's suppose to be smooth all the way... (ako i got an isuzu d-max/ matic, ayos na ayos).
i,m from iloilo/bacolod too.

ding lobaton :thumbsup:

kristiansen
10-18-2007, 20:40
dapat smooth yan fafa.dapat isuzu/nissan/toyota na lang.hehe

isuzu
10-18-2007, 20:41
Nice car , and nice house :)

Guys,
Anyone familiar w/ the new mitsu pickups?
Manual trnsmission
It's been awhile since i've driven manual , but ganun ba talaga kataas ang clutch? sobrang taas ang laki na nga ng paa ko hirap pa rin
Plus , ganun ba ka rough mag shift ng gears?
Hirap ako hanapin yung 3rd!
Dose this get any better pag tumagal ang gamit? I bet an elf shifts better than this
Anyone know about this? many thanx!

Bring it back to the dealer and have the clutch pedal checked or adjusted. The clutch seems not to fully disengage. Also, try not to install large wheels on your Mitsubishi Pick-up. A lot of my friends had problems with their 1st and 2nd gen Stradas when they modified them. Clutch/transmission failures, as well as suspension and steering failures.

The new Mitsu engines are quite powerful, though.

Toyota Hi-lux seem to have problems with their manual transmissions. Some (including myself) reported a whining noise in the transmission when it's cold, as well as premature clutch wear as told by my friend when we went home in June. My friend said that the engine's generating too much torque, and the transmission might not be able to handle it. That's why I told my brother to diligently observe the transmission on my parents' Hi-lux while the vehicle is under warranty.

CatsMeow
10-18-2007, 21:00
Re trannies, the first time I drove an automatic, which was only about two years ago, I put my foot down on what I thought was the clutch, brake pala, I would have kissed the windshield if I didn't have the habit of using the seatbelt...

I love autos, learned to tolerate the slight hesitation when you press the gas pedal...

Allegra
10-19-2007, 00:45
Passed by mitsu san pablo earlier
everythings ok na , they adjusted the clutch
Di lang daw ako sanay sa manual maybe so , but I have to say our elf shifts smoother than this. They did say it will get smoother

The reason I bought this was everyone at tsikot was raving about them , icluding my cousin who bought one a year ago
Coming from a volvo/starex , the space feels a little cramped
My right arm tuloy napupunta sa hita ng katabi ko , panalo :)
Plus ang daming blind spots sa likod , needs sensors but not needed here in the boondocks
So far , yun lang complaints

Love the engine , 3.2 li crdi and it growls at hgh speeds ( 80kph hi speed na sakin :))
Fast , kasi the service advisor cranked it up to >150 kanina to test the shifting and scare the ****ake mushrooms out of me
To everyone who says its as smooth as a car , you must be still driving a ford cortina
It feels like a very smooth .....elf
I have to admit , it's pretty ( subjective ) nilayo ko nga dun sa starex baka mabuntis
Sorry for the lame review , I'm not really a car guy

PS- @ atmarcella bakit ang gaganda ng females jan sa inyo , parang pinapatay yata mg pangit jan
The waiting lounge was full of babes waiting for their cars
This must be what heaven looks like for the club mistu dudes

batangueno
10-19-2007, 06:22
Congrats on your new ride fafa A. :thumbsup:

Also had a shifting problem with my brand new lancer before. Casa had to bleed the clutch to make the shifting smooth.

Ganda rin ng mga kotse ni ersatz. :thumbsup:

Allegra
10-19-2007, 07:17
Thanx fafa
Kaya lang naman ako kumuha ng pick up para kasya bike hehe
Plus , I'm hoping that the pick up would be tougher than a car so it will last longer
My starex was already 7years old but I'm starting to miss it already
i wonder how the 08 starex performs
Magbebenta muna ulit ako ng puri

atmarcella
10-19-2007, 07:55
Passed by mitsu san pablo earlier

fafa malapit ka ba dito sa amin??? quezon??

PS- @ atmarcella bakit ang gaganda ng females jan sa inyo , parang pinapatay yata mg pangit jan
The waiting lounge was full of babes waiting for their cars
This must be what heaven looks like for the club mistu dudes

hahahaha baka mga med rep....game mga yun

Allegra
10-19-2007, 09:17
fafa malapit ka ba dito sa amin??? quezon??

hahahaha baka mga med rep....game mga yun

:)
Calamba
didnt look like medreps to me naka casual at naka SUV yung group nila
La lang , I still hate mitsubishi hehe

atmarcella
10-19-2007, 19:59
sir kung free ka sunday me clubshoot kami....katuwaan lang

Allegra
10-20-2007, 04:22
sir kung free ka sunday me clubshoot kami....katuwaan lang

Pards , wala ako ptt and I think i need a new rig , malutong na kasi :)
But thanx for the offer :)

bikethief
10-20-2007, 10:45
Di ka magsisisi sa L-200! I still drive my '96 4x2 L2. Mileage is around 180k. Wala pa rin usok unless I force the issue and hindi pa ako tinitirik. Chek if your engine is compatible with synthetic oil. I'm convinced that Mobil1 is the reason my truck lasted this long. No major repairs yet. Only gripe about Mitsus is the crappy aircon. My friends smelly '91 Maxima has better airconditioning than my L2! When it's tim to change shocks go for old man emu's para lumambot ang ride. If your on a budget then KYB gas progressives are ok too. Also, pa-nitrogen fill mo na this early yung tires mo. Hahaba lifespan ng tires mo and it also keeps the rubber cool and doesn't expand as much during high-speed, long-distance driving. Iwas blow-out.

Ganda ng bagong Strada bro! kakainggit!

Allegra
10-20-2007, 16:52
Di ka magsisisi sa L-200! I still drive my '96 4x2 L2. Mileage is around 180k. Wala pa rin usok unless I force the issue and hindi pa ako tinitirik. Chek if your engine is compatible with synthetic oil. I'm convinced that Mobil1 is the reason my truck lasted this long. No major repairs yet. Only gripe about Mitsus is the crappy aircon. My friends smelly '91 Maxima has better airconditioning than my L2! When it's tim to change shocks go for old man emu's para lumambot ang ride. If your on a budget then KYB gas progressives are ok too. Also, pa-nitrogen fill mo na this early yung tires mo. Hahaba lifespan ng tires mo and it also keeps the rubber cool and doesn't expand as much during high-speed, long-distance driving. Iwas blow-out.

Ganda ng bagong Strada bro! kakainggit!

Thanx for the info!
the service advisor told me synthetic oil every 5t kms, huwaaat?!!
Kasi it's using the engine daw of the shogun , akala ko every 10t?
I'm getting 10km/li mixed city and hiway driving

Nitrogen in the tires? where can you have this done?

bikethief
10-20-2007, 18:29
Any major wheel and tire center should have nitrogen. I got mine done sa Tyre Gallery in alabang town center. 50 pesos per tire.

batangueno
10-20-2007, 19:54
Called up Ford last week and they quoted me 24t+ for 50k km service. That's only for oil change, fuel filter change, auto trans fluid change, spark plugs, brakes and belt checkup. That's it....ang mahal kaya sa labas na lang ako papagawa.

Any suggestions kung saan maganda magpa service? Also what engine oil to use?

Thanks.

Ersatz0906
10-21-2007, 01:33
Called up Ford last week and they quoted me 24t+ for 50k km service. That's only for oil change, fuel filter change, auto trans fluid change, spark plugs, brakes and belt checkup. That's it....ang mahal kaya sa labas na lang ako papagawa.

Thanks.

are you sure 24k for that services? ano yan Gold Ba ginagamit nang mga tools? hehehe sobra nama yata yan....

Allegra
10-21-2007, 07:29
I saw some expeditions and F150s sa Gruppo talyer in cubao
tel - 4102997
but their mainly a volvo shop, kaya tanung tanungin mo muna

Ano yan fafa 8 cylinders? ang mahal naman

cznayr
10-22-2007, 00:48

Thanks.

Mahal talaga ang 50Km service sa Casa because they are quoting you the all their perceived necessary works. You can ask them to dissect it then you can choose what you want. had my car serviced for 50KM also, cost me 12K, yun na yung synthetic oil etc.

You can have it serviced at Rapide mas mura.

batangueno
10-22-2007, 08:00
Ang mahal talaga ng quote sa akin for a 2.0L Ford Escape. I double checked and asked them again baka kasama na yung brake pads and belts, hindi pa daw.

Order na lang ako ng oil, filters and spark plugs tapos pagawa ko na lang sa iba.

Allegra
10-22-2007, 08:46
Anyone have the number of carryboy?

CatsMeow
10-22-2007, 19:35
I used to have my car serviced at Toyota Otis; would leave it there then walk to the office, about two klicks away. The phone would then ring:

"Sir, kailangang palitan ang oil seal." "Okay"

Then later:

"Sir, kailangang palitan ang brake pad." "Okay"

They did not call again except to tell me the car was ready for pickup, for I'm pretty sure the next call would be: "Sir, kailangang palitan ang kotse mo."

Ersatz0906
11-16-2007, 22:13
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ersatz0906/back.jpg

back side :)

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c7/ersatz0906/halo.jpg

my halo

isuzu
11-16-2007, 23:25

Thanks.

That's too expensive! Dealers usually charge three to four times than a regular car shop. And they charge dollar rate (about $500.00). Stay away from them!

My Vietnamese mechanic friend tells his customers "if it ain't broke, why fix or replace it." That's why he has a lot of customers.

For Ford vehicles, they are equipped with Platinum spark plugs that need to be changed every 100,000 miles or 160,000 kms.

Check your owner's manual for the transmission change interval. Brakes need to be measured first before a decision is made to replace them. Drive belts for Ford vehicles is a one-piece serpentine type. Again, check your owner's manual for the drive belt replacement interval.

That's how dealers make money.

isuzu
11-16-2007, 23:35
I used to have my car serviced at Toyota Otis; would leave it there then walk to the office, about two klicks away. The phone would then ring:

"Sir, kailangang palitan ang oil seal." "Okay"

Then later:

"Sir, kailangang palitan ang brake pad." "Okay"

They did not call again except to tell me the car was ready for pickup, for I'm pretty sure the next call would be: "Sir, kailangang palitan ang kotse mo."

You always have to demand for the old parts, para alam mo na pinalitan nila. Also demand from the dealer to point what seal they replace. And Toyota vehicles RARELY leak by the seals.

I went to the Bacolod Toyota dealer when I came home in June and got mad at them. I showed an oil change invoice to their supposedly "chief mechanic" and asked him why they used 20W50 oil on a diesel engine that takes 15W40. He couldn't answer me. I suspected that they ran out of 15W40 oil and used 20W50 oil instead.

And they void the vehicle's warranty if the owner wouldn't have the vehicle serviced with them using their own oil and oil filter.

Do we have a law similar to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act?

http://www.fram.com/pdf/FramItstheLaw.pdf

Allegra
11-17-2007, 07:58
I've learned more dito sa BOGs about cars than sa tsikot :)

Erstaz - thats a darn nice ride!

bulm540
11-17-2007, 08:09
The dealers have to pay for their overhead hence the high price.

Eye Cutter
11-17-2007, 11:08
fafa, ano binili mo tsikot??? lancer evo???

Allegra
11-17-2007, 17:48
fafa, ano binili mo tsikot??? lancer evo???

me ?

Strada pero binili ko ng pang evo na floor mat hehe

atmarcella
11-18-2007, 03:41
ersatz,

san mo pina set-up yan? ground effects?

batangueno
11-18-2007, 05:14
That's too expensive! Dealers usually charge three to four times than a regular car shop. And they charge dollar rate (about $500.00). Stay away from them!

My Vietnamese mechanic friend tells his customers "if it ain't broke, why fix or replace it." That's why he has a lot of customers.

For Ford vehicles, they are equipped with Platinum spark plugs that need to be changed every 100,000 miles or 160,000 kms.

Check your owner's manual for the transmission change interval. Brakes need to be measured first before a decision is made to replace them. Drive belts for Ford vehicles is a one-piece serpentine type. Again, check your owner's manual for the drive belt replacement interval.

That's how dealers make money.
Thanks isuzu. Time to change the auto transmission fluid according to the service manual. Although sa spark plugs ang layo ko pa sa 160k kms, nasa 50k palang ako, puede na siguro linis linis lang ng spark plugs. :)

I already ordered the oil filter, air filter, fuel filter sa states, mas mura eh. :)

Ersatz0906
11-18-2007, 06:00
ersatz,

san mo pina set-up yan? ground effects?

nope
sobrang mahal kasi sa groundeffects eh almost x2 yung price nya...
so Manila ito lahat, pina pa-shipped ko lng dito Iloilo

jerrytrini
11-18-2007, 10:41
I had over 150,000 on my Ford Explorer when a Seabee mechanic recommended to replace my spark plugs with SplitFire. I consumed almost a full tank of gas for 61 miles on my regular plugs but when replaced with SplitFire, the fuel needle barely moved to half tank.
I was skeptical at first because a plug cost me $7.00.

isuzu
11-18-2007, 11:41
Thanks isuzu. Time to change the auto transmission fluid according to the service manual. Although sa spark plugs ang layo ko pa sa 160k kms, nasa 50k palang ako, puede na siguro linis linis lang ng spark plugs. :)

I already ordered the oil filter, air filter, fuel filter sa states, mas mura eh. :)

Spark plugs under normal driving conditions are self-cleaning. Never touch a platinum plug. The core is so thin, and it can be damaged easily.

Depending on engine size your probably use either a Fram PH2, TG2 or Fram PH3600 or TG3600 oil filters. The PH2 is short and wide; the PH3600 is tall and narrow. TG filters are designed for severe service. Check your owner's manual again for the proper oil viscosity. Most Ford engines started having 5W-20 oil in their engines in 2000. I've recently switched from conventional oil to synthetic oil (Mobil1 5W-20) on a second-hand Mazda MPV van (115,000kms) that I bought with a 3.0 L Ford engine in it, and it made a lot of difference. The power doesn't drop on long drives, and the engine runs smoother.

Try using a K&N Air Filter for your SUV. You only have to clean it every 30,000 kms.

Also, tell the mechanic to de-pressurize the fuel line prior to changing the fuel filter.

isuzu
11-18-2007, 11:58
I had over 150,000 on my Ford Explorer when a Seabee mechanic recommended to replace my spark plugs with SplitFire. I consumed almost a full tank of gas for 61 miles on my regular plugs but when replaced with SplitFire, the fuel needle barely moved to half tank.
I was skeptical at first because a plug cost me $7.00.

Might change the plugs on my van, too. It's currently running at 7 kms/liter. It's got 117,000 kms. It's a one day job, though. I have to remove the intake plenum to access the other three spark plugs.

Allegra
11-18-2007, 19:30
Having a problem w/ my transmission still
Hirap ipasok sa 1st and 2nd
Pain in the butt to drive in traffic

cznayr
11-18-2007, 19:35
Might change the plugs on my van, too. It's currently running at 7 kms/liter. It's got 117,000 kms. It's a one day job, though. I have to remove the intake plenum to access the other three spark plugs.

Hey guys, since you're talking about cars, may i ask you this question? what is the basis of putting 8 freaking spark plugs on a 1.3 L vehicle??

CatsMeow
11-18-2007, 20:02
You always have to demand for the old parts, para alam mo na pinalitan nila. Also demand from the dealer to point what seal they replace. And Toyota vehicles RARELY leak by the seals.

I went to the Bacolod Toyota dealer when I came home in June and got mad at them. I showed an oil change invoice to their supposedly "chief mechanic" and asked him why they used 20W50 oil on a diesel engine that takes 15W40. He couldn't answer me. I suspected that they ran out of 15W40 oil and used 20W50 oil instead.

And they void the vehicle's warranty if the owner wouldn't have the vehicle serviced with them using their own oil and oil filter.

Do we have a law similar to the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Improvement Act?

http://www.fram.com/pdf/FramItstheLaw.pdf

Sometimes I noticed that the car would develop some problem less than a week after it was serviced. The next time I was in the shop I told the fellow who received the car about it, in no uncertain terms, and since then no more problem.

Another time I waited for my car to come out, after servicing, and what came out was dark green instead of black, and its plate was almost identical to mine, differing only in the last letter. We all had a laugh about that one.

Still another time the car in front of mine in the queue for discharge after servicing immediately took off without looking to see if the street was clear. We then heard a loud bang; a taxi had hit it. Last thing I saw before I left was the sight of the taxi driver sitting at the discharge area; to say he was in a state of shock would be an understatement.

ppts799
11-18-2007, 20:43
i tried rapide once before. i had them fix an oil leak so they changed some parts and charged me double what i wouldve paid in banawe. ayun, the leak got worse. i told them the switch (located under driver seat) to open the trunk was busted. ayun, after tinkering around with it to see what was wrong, BOTH trunk and gas switch were busted na. hehehe.

there was also a time when i had my steering fixed at a makati shop. nag follow up ako 2 days after and they said "ok na po, pinipinturahan na po"
????????? what the!how is the steering related to the paint????
i found out the shop caught fire and the rear part of my car was burned. well, mostly paint lang and plastic parts were replaced. i think there was a nissan sentra and a BMW that was totally toasted in the fire.

CatsMeow
11-18-2007, 20:59
Hey guys, since you're talking about cars, may i ask you this question? what is the basis of putting 8 freaking spark plugs on a 1.3 L vehicle??

Hehe if I see a guy from Honda I'll ask him. AFAIK this arrangement of two plugs per cylinder is more common in aircraft engines.

I always swore by Castrol 20W50 until I discovered, to my dismay, that my suki Shell station would not use the Castrol I bought at great expense, it was their oil or nothing, good thing Helix is ok. Also, I used to run the car up to Pampanga right after an oil change, to introduce the new oil to the engine.

Also, shock absorbers cost at least twice at the casa than if you buy them at Banawe, pareho namang Kayaba. At the price they charge, you could buy Monroe for less.

atmarcella
11-19-2007, 08:26

its called twin-spark, first saw this sa alfa romeo 164, but the first that introduced this concept was bugatti afaik.... fuel efficiency is the answer to your question, w/ 1 plug you burn only 75-80% of your fuel mixture, w/ 2 you burn 99-100%, you can get the same w/ only 1 plug if you have MSD, multiple spark discharge, more commonly refered to as ignition box.

batangueno
11-19-2007, 08:36
Spark plugs under normal driving conditions are self-cleaning. Never touch a platinum plug. The core is so thin, and it can be damaged easily.

Depending on engine size your probably use either a Fram PH2, TG2 or Fram PH3600 or TG3600 oil filters. The PH2 is short and wide; the PH3600 is tall and narrow. TG filters are designed for severe service. Check your owner's manual again for the proper oil viscosity. Most Ford engines started having 5W-20 oil in their engines in 2000. I've recently switched from conventional oil to synthetic oil (Mobil1 5W-20) on a second-hand Mazda MPV van (115,000kms) that I bought with a 3.0 L Ford engine in it, and it made a lot of difference. The power doesn't drop on long drives, and the engine runs smoother.

Try using a K&N Air Filter for your SUV. You only have to clean it every 30,000 kms.

Also, tell the mechanic to de-pressurize the fuel line prior to changing the fuel filter.
Thanks again for the tips. Hindi na pala uso yung paliha-liha lang ng spark plugs...hehe

isuzu
11-19-2007, 20:13

It really depends on the engine design. Eight plugs on a 4 cylinder engine could help in the fuel economy. The other usually will fire milliseconds after the first one, creating a more complete combustion. It has to do with complex math computations to achieve the proper burn at a certain RPM (hence, VVT cars).

Piston-powered airplanes usually have two spark plugs, powered by two separate magnetos. Aside from achieving a more complete burn, the other reason is safety. You could run both magnetos, or you could select either the left or right should one magneto fail.

isuzu
11-19-2007, 20:15
Thanks again for the tips. Hindi na pala uso yung paliha-liha lang ng spark plugs...hehe

Also use the right viscosity oil, and keep the tire pressures at the manufacturer's specs. A 2 psi drop in the recommended tire pressure wastes a lot of gas.

batangueno
11-20-2007, 06:47
Also use the right viscosity oil, and keep the tire pressures at the manufacturer's specs. A 2 psi drop in the recommended tire pressure wastes a lot of gas.
I will check. Thanks. :)

Which is better, use synthetic oil and change every 10k km or just use regular oil and change every 5k km.

Uso ngayon dito yung using nitrogen in tires. Effective kaya talaga?

isuzu
11-20-2007, 19:48
I will check. Thanks. :)

Which is better, use synthetic oil and change every 10k km or just use regular oil and change every 5k km.

Uso ngayon dito yung using nitrogen in tires. Effective kaya talaga?

Yes, I was gonna mention nitrogen-inflated tires. The nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules. It minimizes pressure loss. Nitrogen is dry, and it prevents corrosion. It is also cold and more stable in extreme temperatures than oxygen, that's why airplane tires have nitrogen gas in them.

The oil change interval is the same for both synthetic and conventional oil. The advantage of synthetic oil is that it is a lot stable than conventional oil; it does not degrade as much as conventional oil. It protects your engine more in cold and high temperatures. There is also lesser drag on the engine because it flows easily compared to conventional oil.

CatsMeow
11-20-2007, 19:59
It really depends on the engine design. Eight plugs on a 4 cylinder engine could help in the fuel economy. The other usually will fire milliseconds after the first one, creating a more complete combustion. It has to do with complex math computations to achieve the proper burn at a certain RPM (hence, VVT cars).

Piston-powered airplanes usually have two spark plugs, powered by two separate magnetos. Aside from achieving a more complete burn, the other reason is safety. You could run both magnetos, or you could select either the left or right should one magneto fail.

I got six Roaring Glory Warbirds DVDs, hosted by Steve Hinton and the late Jeff Ethell. Part of their pre-takeoff check is to check the magnetos "left mag, right mag", looking for a 50rpm drop each time. Even the Japanese Zero, with its original engine, had it, though for safety's sake, they substituted an American mag switch.

Is it feasible to keep one of those instant flat-tire repair cans around?

isuzu
11-20-2007, 20:46
I got six Roaring Glory Warbirds DVDs, hosted by Steve Hinton and the late Jeff Ethell. Part of their pre-takeoff check is to check the magnetos "left mag, right mag", looking for a 50rpm drop each time. Even the Japanese Zero, with its original engine, had it, though for safety's sake, they substituted an American mag switch.

Is it feasible to keep one of those instant flat-tire repair cans around?

There is a permissible RPM drop for each magneto as well as an allowable total differential drop for both magnetos.

Those instant tire repair cans don't work that much. Get a cigarette lighter-powered air compressor. And always check your tire pressures - including the spare.

Sweater
11-21-2007, 16:17
I dont know ,I have an SUV that have an alarm and a warning light in the dashboard if the tire pressure drop.Check it one time if it is accurate with a pen tire gauze ,it is accurate.Amazing how this thing works.

CatsMeow
11-21-2007, 19:03
I got into the habit of circling the car before getting in and starting. Good thing I did, once, I was about to leave Rockwell and my "walkaround" revealed a flat rear tire.

Wp.22
11-21-2007, 20:16
guys any reviews/comment about ford everest?

batangueno
11-22-2007, 07:17
Yes, I was gonna mention nitrogen-inflated tires. The nitrogen molecules are larger than oxygen molecules. It minimizes pressure loss. Nitrogen is dry, and it prevents corrosion. It is also cold and more stable in extreme temperatures than oxygen, that's why airplane tires have nitrogen gas in them.

The oil change interval is the same for both synthetic and conventional oil. The advantage of synthetic oil is that it is a lot stable than conventional oil; it does not degrade as much as conventional oil. It protects your engine more in cold and high temperatures. There is also lesser drag on the engine because it flows easily compared to conventional oil.
I just might have to try ntrogen then. P50 per tire with free fill-up anytime is reasonable na siguro.

Thanks again. :)

atmarcella
11-22-2007, 07:43
I got into the habit of circling the car before getting in and starting. Good thing I did, once, I was about to leave Rockwell and my "walkaround" revealed a flat rear tire.

this is a good habit, i am also doing the same thing these days.... thats after i shreded my passenger side rear tire at slex....its funny w/ big cars you cant feel that the tire is flat already...but in sedans its obvoius.

Eye Cutter
11-22-2007, 09:57
yup paul! ok na ok nitrogen! sa timog doon sa servitek katabi ng ibarra's. But i think charge nila 750.

Shihan
11-22-2007, 10:15
Paul sa R2J P50 each tire with free fill-up anytime katabi ng petron gas station congressional ave corner visayas ave.
More than a year nako naka nitrogen kaya sarap ride ng van di ba?

isuzu
11-22-2007, 19:46
I just might have to try ntrogen then. P50 per tire with free fill-up anytime is reasonable na siguro.

Thanks again. :)

That's not bad at all! Nitrogen fill-up here is $5.00 per tire.

batangueno
11-25-2007, 08:33
Puede na pala doon sa R2J, yung sinasabi ko kasi sa fort pa, malayo. Thanks shihan.

batangueno
11-25-2007, 08:34
Oo nga pala, how can i tell if they are really using nitrogen?

isuzu
11-25-2007, 11:59

Make sure that their cylinder has a sticker from the company (i.e., SIG) that identifies it as Nitrogen Gas. The sticker is located near the tank's valve.

Also try inquiring about the price of a tank of Nitrogen gas. It may come out cheaper.

riddler
11-25-2007, 12:30
This would have fit your requirements but since you have already bought one, this comes too late. My Taco has never bogged down in the river beds where we go shooting, the beach in South Padre Island and the mud pits when we go paintballing.

Locking differentials, shift-on-the-button 4x4, Bilstein off-road shocks and an undercarriage armor plate are but a few that have proven useful in my many excursions.

Ersatz0906
11-25-2007, 17:38

good question.
can you inhale it first before you fill your tires? hehe :)

Allegra
11-25-2007, 18:00
This would have fit your requirements but since you have already bought one, this comes too late. My Taco has never bogged down in the river beds where we go shooting, the beach in South Padre Island and the mud pits when we go paintballing.

Locking differentials, shift-on-the-button 4x4, Bilstein off-road shocks and an undercarriage armor plate are but a few that have proven useful in my many excursions.

Only the vigo/hilux pickups are available here in the Phiippines
My truck will e spending time in Sagada and Aurora so we'll wee how it does :)

isuzu
11-25-2007, 20:16
Only the vigo/hilux pickups are available here in the Phiippines
My truck will e spending time in Sagada and Aurora so we'll wee how it does :)

The Hi-Lux is a very good truck. My parents bought one in 2005, and I had a chance to drive it when we went home last year and this year. The acceleration and low-end torque is awesome, thanks to a computer-controlled engine with variable vane turbo.

Performance was further improved when the country started using bio-diesel. Less emissions and improved acceleration. The diesel engine was designed to run on peanut oil, anyway.

riddler
11-25-2007, 20:38
The Hilux line still in production??? Dang, I remember my dad's service vehicle was one when he worked for Flying A's sometime in the early 1970's. That thing ran forever...

jerrytrini
11-25-2007, 21:22

SPID? I lived in CC TX for 4 years. Did you live there as well?

isuzu
11-25-2007, 22:23
The Hilux line still in production??? Dang, I remember my dad's service vehicle was one when he worked for Flying A's sometime in the early 1970's. That thing ran forever...

Check this website out: www.toyota.com.ph

Your dad's Hi-Lux had a 12R engine which was a very sturdy engine.

riddler
11-25-2007, 22:44
The Hilux is probably the sturdiest vehicle of all time.

check out these videos:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=Lrk6vsb77xk

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0Uc4Ksz3nHM

http://youtube.com/watch?v=YfZDtC9kjVk

ppts799
11-26-2007, 23:15
i find the backup lights of the altis too weak (same with my 92 corolla). are there affordable alternatives to make it brighter? pag masyadong madilim, i just guess and bahala na kung may mabangga :(

batangueno
11-27-2007, 06:47
Pio, put sensors na lang. :) Parang ang problema ng altis yung busina, tinipid pa ng toyota.

Allegra
11-27-2007, 07:26
Where can I get sensors? Whats a reliable brand?

Had a very bad experience w/ my starex sensors and someone's motorcycle....while he was on it

cznayr
11-27-2007, 19:40
Where can I get sensors? Whats a reliable brand?

Had a very bad experience w/ my starex sensors and someone's motorcycle....while he was on it

Mura lang sir sa Banaue.. I bought one, forgot the brand... and it comes with the rear view mirror lcd.. yung sa rear view makikita mo kung ilang meters (parang countdown until mag 0) ang layo ng object sa likuran mo.. about 1,800... only works while the stick is on reverse

It's quite reliable..

ppts799
11-27-2007, 19:52
oo nga eh, baduy ng busina. kailangan sa metro manila yung busina na nakakagulat.

ok, ill take a look at those sensors. thanks!

mikey177
11-27-2007, 20:18
I installed the SafetyEye brand of sensor with rear mirror LCD display on my Carnival. It lasted for five years before it finally died on me a few weeks ago. The only problem with SafetyEye is that the hole where the sensors go is big. Thus, if you will replace them with another brand in the future, you'll have to drill another set of holes for the new smaller sensors.

I replaced them with Giordon brand sensors (P2,500 for a 2-sensor set), but these only give an audible warning, no LCD display. I hesitate to recommend Giordon at the moment because sometimes the sensor fails to activate when I shift into reverse --I have to return it to Hyundai Dagupan, which did the installation (wala kasing Banawe dito sa Pangasinan e).

ppts799
11-27-2007, 23:08
mikey : how much was the safety eye? i have no idea yet re these sensors, so what happens in very wet conditions, etc?

Django
11-27-2007, 23:51
guys any reviews/comment about ford everest?

Good : Power,speed
Bad : Aircon, parts availabilty and cost
So-so: Suspension,torque

Wp.22
11-28-2007, 00:25

thanks django

mikey177
11-28-2007, 00:59
mikey : how much was the safety eye? i have no idea yet re these sensors, so what happens in very wet conditions, etc?

The SafetyEye cost around P3,500 in 2002. I don't know if the price has gone down yet, but I had mine installed at Wheels E. Rod before. You'll definitely find more affordable yet good quality alternatives at Banawe.

When it's raining very hard, the sensor will sometimes beep, but you'll know it's just a raindrop because the beep will not be constant as when there is a solid object within range.

Another alternative I can think of is to have a halogen light installed under your rear bumper, similar to what I see on some vehicles. This light can also be set to activate whenever you shift to reverse, and it can supplement the amount of light available from your OEM backup lights.

Ayaw mo bang tutukan na lang ng Fenixlight ang rear habang umaatras ka? :supergrin:

ppts799
11-28-2007, 01:25
great! thanks for the info!

Allegra
11-28-2007, 20:28
Mura lang sir sa Banaue.. I bought one, forgot the brand... and it comes with the rear view mirror lcd.. yung sa rear view makikita mo kung ilang meters (parang countdown until mag 0) ang layo ng object sa likuran mo.. about 1,800... only works while the stick is on reverse

It's quite reliable..

Ok thanx! rear view lcd? ok a

isuzu
11-28-2007, 21:08

My friend's Expedition also suffered the same fate. Aircon and rear wiper motor gave up at 4,500 kms. The rear wiper motor gave up again at 8,000 kms. Good thing the vehicle was under warranty when those happened. And the vehicle's got only about 10,000 kms (2002 model).

stglock
11-29-2007, 11:24
Brods,

Ano na ang ginagamit na motor oil viscosity sa mga sasakyan sa Pinas, in particular un mga Diesel SUVs (i.e Sante Fe), and CRVs gas engines)

Salamat,

stglock

CatsMeow
11-29-2007, 19:02
Has anybody of you ever experienced a cooling fan clutch go down? This is for traditional engine-driven fans and not the electric cooling fans. Last week I was going up the hills of Cebu with the aircon off and the temp gauge started climbing. It only stabilized when I switched on the aircon which in turn kicked in the electric auxiliary fan in front of the radiator. After I parked, I checked the fan and it was rotating freely with the engine running, just not engaged as it was not pulling in air. Before I left for Manila I left the vehicle with a shop and the mechanic's solution was to weld an arm connecting the fan and pulley, negating the clutch. The engine now has a healthy roar somewhat like a Starex and the aircon's efficiency was doubled (ang lamig kahit low). I think I'll keep it that way.

I know of a Suzuki Vitara who had the same problem but wasn't caught until the cylinder head cracked.

CatsMeow
11-29-2007, 19:03
Brods,

Ano na ang ginagamit na motor oil viscosity sa mga sasakyan sa Pinas, in particular un mga Diesel SUVs (i.e Sante Fe), and CRVs gas engines)

Salamat,

stglock

For gas, it's 20W50 for me.

cebuboy
11-30-2007, 04:03
Brods,

Salamat,

stglock

Usually for diesels its 15w-40. some CRDI engines preffer 10w-30. Check your oil filler cap or the cars manual :) It is best to use the reccomended viscosity.

cebuboy
11-30-2007, 04:07
Has anybody of you ever experienced a cooling fan clutch go down? This is for traditional engine-driven fans and not the electric cooling fans. Last week I was going up the hills of Cebu with the aircon off and the temp gauge started climbing. It only stabilized when I switched on the aircon which in turn kicked in the electric auxiliary fan in front of the radiator. After I parked, I checked the fan and it was rotating freely with the engine running, just not engaged as it was not pulling in air. Before I left for Manila I left the vehicle with a shop and the mechanic's solution was to weld an arm connecting the fan and pulley, negating the clutch. The engine now has a healthy roar somewhat like a Starex and the aircon's efficiency was doubled (ang lamig kahit low). I think I'll keep it that way.

I know of a Suzuki Vitara who had the same problem but wasn't caught until the cylinder head cracked.

Hey torny, I think your fan clutch needs servicing, it just needs some silicon oil. If its the disposable type, you have to get a new one. The clutch is there to keep your engine in optimum operating temperature, too cold wastes fuel, too hot you know na :)

CatsMeow
11-30-2007, 21:00
Thanks. I'll look into it. I have to ring up Pilhino in Mandaluyong and tell them the problem. I'm pretty sure that they will say get a new fan clutch hehehe. No wonder the aircon wasn't as cold as it ought to be. Now it's freezing, even at the lowest setting.

isuzu
11-30-2007, 22:19
For gas, it's 20W50 for me.

You can use a lower viscosity oil to save fuel (less drag on the oil pump and moving parts on the engine). Consult your owner's manual for the proper viscosity grade based on the ambient temperature. Most cars nowadays use the same viscosity grade oil for all temperature ranges. Fords, Hondas, the new Mitsubishi Lancer now use 5W20 oil. The older models used 5W30.

Energy Conserving oils have a "Starburst" on the oil bottle.

isuzu
11-30-2007, 22:29

Get the clutch fan to work again. If you have the fan welded you could lose power or your vehicle could consume more fuel.

CatsMeow
12-04-2007, 19:35
Get the clutch fan to work again. If you have the fan welded you could lose power or your vehicle could consume more fuel.

Thanks. I will do that as soon as possible. If they're cheap I'll buy two for insurance.

atmarcella
12-04-2007, 23:45
i just had my tires filled w/ n2, and i guess one way you could tell if its n2 or not is if they have a dedicated machine for n2 refilling, the shop i went to had this machine that extracted all the ordinary air and filled it with n2 automated.