San Antonio Gun Shops? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Gun Shops?

Littleman
09-10-2007, 13:48
Where would be the best place (in your opinion) to buy my G36 at? In or around San Antonio.

I go to Sportsman's warehouse a lot(North, on 1604 & 281)

Would that be a good place to buy? or are they overpriced?

I'm also interested in used... if possible... but used G36's aren't easy to find.

Ranger54
09-10-2007, 16:20
I have done very well at the San Antonio/Austin Saxet Gun Shows.

MrMurphy
09-10-2007, 18:05
The two big shops are Nagels and Durys.

Durys has some odder hours and is further south. Good selection and friendly, in a new building.

Nagels has been in the same place, as far as I can tell, since 1942. I used to work there for a bit. Costs a bit more, because there's 20 people working there and about 6,000 guns in the building. If they don't have it, they can get it, and the guys working there know their stuff generally. Layout is a little weird since it grew over time, but they have everything from original Civil War Colts, and Indian War Springfields, to the modern stuff.

Other than the gun shows those are your real options.

Ranger54
09-10-2007, 18:49
I would agree on Nager's and Drury's, with Drury's getting the top vote. At one time, and I will assume they still are, they were a Glock Law Enforcement Distributor.

TattooedGlock
09-12-2007, 10:21
I agree on both stores listed. I've also found great deals at Acadamy, Sportsman Warehouse, and Cabelas!

Littleman
09-12-2007, 12:47
Thanks guys!
I'll have to start looking around at all those shops. :thumbsup:

MrMurphy
09-13-2007, 04:39
If you're at Nagel's, ask for Ron (tall white older gentleman with glasses, brown hair). Tell him you know "Brian who went into the Air Force". :)

Thegungal
09-13-2007, 09:59
Originally posted by Ranger54
I would agree on Nager's and Drury's, with Drury's getting the top vote. At one time, and I will assume they still are, they were a Glock Law Enforcement Distributor.

Arent you the guy (The only guy) that was DQd at our last shoot and had to become tape up guy?

You know I love you Ranger :) and the little ol' Bullet Hole shop can do some gun hooking up as well.

Ranger54
09-13-2007, 14:50
Who, me???????

I have no idea of whom you speaketh!!!!!

*LOL*

Thegungal
09-13-2007, 15:07
Who, me???????

I have no idea of whom you speaketh!!!!!

*LOL*

You are my favorite shooter :)

(How about throwing the name Bullet Hole into the mix every now and then though? )

:animlol:

Ranger54
09-13-2007, 15:15
Mea Culpa, Mea Culpa

I do apollogize, I think so much of y'all being "The Range" I forget about the shop! I'm just gettin' way to old! *LOL*

OK, all, I do highly recomment Bullethole also, great people and they can get anything you want if it is not in stock. Give them a try, you will not be dissapointed!

Littleman
09-13-2007, 15:46
yep, I need to stop by your gun shop sometime and meet all y'all.

out west though... long drive for me. yuck.

Ranger54
09-13-2007, 17:52
Chris,

Do you always work Saturday? Bullethole is starting a USPSA club, first match, first Saturday in October. Also do a league starting just before that, you can shoot Thurs thru Sun. Also AASA matches, usually the second Saturday, If interested, ask me for details.

Littleman
09-13-2007, 18:36
Chris,

Do you always work Saturday? Bullethole is starting a USPSA club, first match, first Saturday in October. Also do a league starting just before that, you can shoot Thurs thru Sun. Also AASA matches, usually the second Saturday, If interested, ask me for details.
yeah, I am going to ask to get my hours changed to the closing shift on Saturdays. (1pm - 10pm usually)
That way I'll be able to get to all the morning events.

btw, I found a 36 for sale at a good price... it looks like I'm going to be picking it up sometime this week. :thumbsup:

:banana:

you can PM me details about events on Saturday Mornings. :)

btw, I really don't have much experience when it comes to shooting handguns... I've been a rifle person my whole life though, so I'm no stranger to the range/all the safety.