Mississippi Revolver Association presents the 1st annual ICORE CUP [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mississippi Revolver Association presents the 1st annual ICORE CUP

haras
09-11-2007, 05:15
The Mississippi Revolver Association presents the 1st annual ICORE CUP revolver match October 14, 2007.

There will be 7 great stages, a combination of field courses and speed shoots (plus chronograph). Minimum round count is 150 rounds. Bring more if you plan on missing.

Open entry form for more details and instructions how to enter the match.

Directions to Range
I-55 exit #85 (Byram), east 1 mile (cross bridge), right then left through gate.

Click here for a Yahoo map.
http://maps.yahoo.com/broadband#mvt=m&trf=0&lon=-90.239511&lat=32.175504&mag=4

Guys, I'm sorry but semi-autos won't be allowed at this match. I know, Glock doesn't make a revolver. We can always hope, can't we. I post this here because I think there are a few revolvers lurking in your safes. Come see what it's about if nothing else. Volunteer help will not be refused.

haras
09-11-2007, 05:17
Here is the entry form.

NoloContendere
09-11-2007, 05:21
Sorry I've been out of the competitions recently

:sad:

When things settle a bit, I'm going to come back! I miss it!

haras
09-11-2007, 05:56
Always glad to have you.

lumberjack
09-11-2007, 09:19
I have a slicked up 627 that can make reloads without having to jiggle them in.... look out! :tongueout:

haras
09-11-2007, 11:47
Get to practicing. Come shoot it in the September 22 Saturday match.

Come help us make history. A group picture will be made. Bring a friend.

Cliff Cargill
09-15-2007, 09:20
Everyone needs to get signed up. New shooters y'all need to do this match because it will up your experience level. Don't sit this one out because you don't think you're good enough.:thumbsup:

ScottWomack
09-18-2007, 08:29
I plan on making the match and may even get the two boys out to this match. My brother-in-law will be in town and I am trying to get him to make the match. If they all come, I probably won't be able to helicopter in this time, I'll just have to see........... At least the weather should be cooler so maybe we will have a great time without having to drag shooters off the COF. Check the grass this week, I may ride down and look at it before the Shooter's meeting on Wednesday, but let me know if we need to bring the NASCAR zero turn Ex-mark out to clip the bays..............

Cliff Cargill
09-18-2007, 13:32
I'm going to be there putting the gear out Friday, and though the grass isn't quite as high as last time, it will be by Saturday.

So yeah, if you can, bring that bad boy out. :yourock: Are you going to the shooter's meeting? :thumbsup:

lumberjack
09-21-2007, 10:28
I'm not sure if I'll be there tomorrow. My chip truck's fuel pump died last Thursday, Saturday morning the pump came in, I got it in, but the truck still wouldn't run. I spent Sunday and Monday working on the truck and polishing an essay. Tuesday we came up with an idea that the new pump was deffective, bought another pump from a different mfg, installed it tuesday and it ran like nothing was ever the matter. Now I have a small mountain of work that's supposed to be done today, and 7 and a half hours of daylight left.

Did I mention that the chipper went on an oil drinking bringe? Pulled the head yesterday afternoon and dropped it off to be inspected, they said it would be Monday most likely.

Perhaps I'll luck up and be able to make it.

Cliff Cargill
09-21-2007, 11:01
We hope you can. Good luck!:thumbsup:

lumberjack
09-21-2007, 20:53
The gods were with me, I managed to reschedule 12 hours of work for next week with the customers blessing.

I'll be there tomorrow :)

Cliff Cargill
09-21-2007, 21:19
Cool.:banana:

I just got back from the range about 9:30PM. Another shooter & I put the gear out for in the morning. It should be an easy set-up and a damn good match.:thumbsup:

trbaldridge
09-21-2007, 21:40
Originally posted by Cliff Cargill
Cool.:banana:

I just got back from the range about 9:30PM. Another shooter & I put the gear out for in the morning. It should be an easy set-up and a damn good match.:thumbsup:

Thanks (again) Cliff.

terry

lumberjack
09-22-2007, 05:01
It's no secrete that the gun club would be drastically different without Cliff.

Cliff Cargill
09-22-2007, 18:33
Thanks for the kind words guys. I'm glad both of you are part of the club. See you soon.:cool:

haras
09-23-2007, 21:58
It's great having all you guys there! This match was smooth and we finished sooner than we have in a while. To me that translates into people are working together and carrying the load. Thanks!:thumbsup:

That's what we need for this upcoming ICORE CUP as well. :banana:

Hey check out the gallery page on the website. There are some pictures from today's match. More will be circulated there over the next few weeks. :number1:

Carl, I hope you got those videos. Let us know when you post them. Looking forward to it. Thanks! :yourock:

haras
09-30-2007, 16:50
Good News! I have received trophy money from our host club. There will be more trophies and less ribbons for this match. Trophies will be given for class placement.
:bluesbrothers:

lumberjack
10-02-2007, 10:37
Originally posted by haras
...Carl, I hope you got those videos. Let us know when you post them. Looking forward to it. Thanks! :yourock:

I got the vids, I'll should have something postable before I come down for the IPCS match, I have some free time Friday or Sat day/night to play with them.

haras
10-03-2007, 04:15
Cool, thanks Carl!

Stages have been posted at http://msrevolver.com

I have an 8th that may be added if space allows.

lumberjack
10-03-2007, 10:48
Jew get my message? How much I owe ya for the J framer? Pick it up at the IPSC match?

haras
10-03-2007, 21:17
Yep, got yor message. Will send an email.

lumberjack
10-04-2007, 20:32
Big timin!

haras
10-10-2007, 03:53
The clock is ticking. The match is this Sunday. Hate you'll miss it. We'll take pictures.

We have 32 registered shooters and are expecting at least 5 more.

msrevolver.com

:dancingbanana::dancingbanana::dancingbanana:

Cliff Cargill
10-11-2007, 18:12
It's almost time to go wheel-gun racing!!!!!!!!:thumbsup: :tbo: :rock: :thumbsup:

lumberjack
10-13-2007, 12:04
I forgot to order my CR equipment, looks like I'll be racing in my wal mart friction belt w/ speed-e-rack and the condura holster, look out!

haras
10-13-2007, 19:42
Darn, OK. Gotta start somewhere. Looking forward to seeing you.

haras
10-15-2007, 04:58
Well, the match is history and it was a good one. :dancingbanana:

The top finisheres were:

High Overall Open--Roger "Bubber" Davis
MS State Champion Open--Hank Stern

High Overall Limited--Elliot Aysen
MS State Champion Limited--Cliff Cargill

We had a really good turnout. 40 Shooters and no DQ's. Would have been 42 but two people couldn't make it because of work. We had 8 lady shooters!

All the final results should be up on the MS Revolver Asc. home page soon. www.msrevolver.com

Ballyhoo
10-15-2007, 14:35
Those of you that had to miss the CUP need to go ahead and clear your calendar for next year. We all had so much fun and enjoyed a well-organized and challenging match. I predict that it will become a tradition for shooters from parts beyond. Thanks for having the vision and for all the hard work, Glenn! :number1:

lumberjack
10-16-2007, 14:18
Lumberjack's alarm was set for 430PM instead of AM. I woke up at 6, cursed, double checked the time the Cup started, rolled over and went back to bed.

Poor LJ was pooped, he didn't get outta bed till near 'bouts lunch time.

ScottWomack
10-16-2007, 15:04
So that's where you were! Glen and I were just discussing at lunch what happened to you. The match was a great success and was really a pleasure to attend and shoot. I wish you could have made it. Just go ahead and plan to make the ICORE CUP match same time next year.........and bring some friends!

I understand you being being worn out though. The weekend before I had been to Talladega and back, then left to go to Augusta, GA and back. Haras called me Monday morning after the match to meet with me to pick up Steven's trophy, but I was already in Oxford, MS. The weekend before Talladega, we were all in Pascagoula as part of the Longleaf Camo Gator Hunting Team, up all night were we caught 2 gators, a 10' 5" and a 6'.

So this week, I think I am just going to try to catch up..........the Road King is ready to stay around home for a little while.........

The other morning after taking awhile to gather my stuff around the house, I left to go bowhunting, got a little ways down the road, it started raining. So I went back home, crawled in bed next to my wife, and she said, "I thought my husband was never gonna leave this morning.........." So I guess I might ought to stay around the house for a couple of days.......

xd357
10-16-2007, 21:30
GREAT MATCH everybody :banana: :banana: :banana:
congrats cliff on your win

thanks for begging my wife to shoot she really enjoyed it

we had a BLAST:50cal:

thanks haras it was really a well thought out course

love that steel

p.s scott your going to have to take me gator hunting that sounds DANGEROUS:shocked: J/K sounds like fun

later

lumberjack
10-17-2007, 07:34
Pittyful LJ isn't travelling that much, aside from coming to Byram.

I spend at least 35 hours a week with work, nearly 20 hours a week at school, 6 hours a week driving to and from school. Half my Sundays are spent with you folk.

I think I'll be in Pearl Friday afternoon for a radio talk show about Concealed Carry on Campus (1080AM from 5pm-6pm).

The match sounds like it was a blast, hate I missed it.

Congrats Cliff!

haras
10-17-2007, 22:42
Lumberjack's alarm was set for 430PM instead of AM. I woke up at 6, cursed, double checked the time the Cup started, rolled over and went back to bed.
Poor LJ was pooped, he didn't get outta bed till near 'bouts lunch time.

Aww, man! You should have called me. I would have told you to "Come on Down!". We could have gotten you caught up.

Well, mark your calender for the second weekend of October 2008 and set your alarm.

Cliff Cargill
10-18-2007, 12:44
Thanks everyone. I need to thank one of the best friends I have in the world, haras. He owns the gun that I shot in the match. He's let me use it for well over a year now. I've got one of my own coming soon, so maybe I won't have to be a bum for too much longer. He's one hell of a gunsmith and he had at least 1/2 the guns in the match that had been through his shop for custom work. So if you know anyone that needs gun work, he's the man.

He also won first place in "C" class himself. So congrats to him on his match as well.

Cliff Cargill
10-19-2007, 04:25
GREAT MATCH everybody :banana: :banana: :banana:
congrats cliff on your win

thanks for begging my wife to shoot she really enjoyed it

we had a BLAST:50cal:

I wished I had a photo of the look on her face when I asked her...

"Am I gonna have to get down on the ground and beg in front of all these people???...cause I will...."

She KNEW I would!

That was too funny!

I'm glad y'all both shot, and had a good time. You both did really well.