PDA

View Full Version : Guilty!!!!

New_comer
09-11-2007, 19:34
That took quite sometime, but justice is served. :supergrin:

Too bad Jinggoy and Serapio got away...

New_comer
09-11-2007, 19:38
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view_article.php?article_id=88113

New_comer
09-11-2007, 19:45
Originally posted by New_comer
http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/breakingnews/nation/view_article.php?article_id=88113 The penalty is reclusion perpetua, which as per Revised Penal code is:

Art. 27. Reclusion perpetua. — Any person sentenced to any of the perpetual penalties shall be pardoned after undergoing the penalty for thirty years, unless such person by reason of his conduct or some other serious cause shall be considered by the Chief Executive as unworthy of pardon.

riddler
09-11-2007, 19:46
Good! Hope he is treated no differently from others who are sentenced to life.

pogi
09-11-2007, 20:00
Hehehe!!!

Think of this...to a lot of people their main parameter for A FAIR TRIAL/JUDGEMENT is when the verdict favors them.

Adversely...then...then...you can count up to a hundred accusations towards the judge(s), justice(s), the administration, the govt. as a whole, the police, the armed forces, the clerk of court, my maid, my dog, the weather etc etc etc.

9MX
09-11-2007, 20:16
hindi ba there is this law(?) regarding convicted prisoners who can be set free at age 70?

PMMA97
09-11-2007, 20:26
50 Million Pesos is the minimum amount to be tried for plunder. A lot of government officials stole more than that. Eraps only mistake was taking too much too quick and not watching his six. Poor bastard.

isuzu
09-11-2007, 20:27
Originally posted by 9MX
hindi ba there is this law(?) regarding convicted prisoners who can be set free at age 70?

Does that include plunder or heinous crimes?

PMMA97
09-11-2007, 20:38
Originally posted by 9MX

The chief presidential counsel (aged 70) told tv news that this provision only applies to those sentenced to death. But for Erap his exact words were "hanggang sa mamatay sya sa kulungan" or 120 years old whichever comes first.

CatsMeow
09-11-2007, 20:41
I don't have the law with me..perhaps a BoG prosecutor or judge can answer this? However, for questions on labor law, I'm your man.:)

AFAIK the only thing about age 70 that I could remember is that you can no longer be executed. But since the death penalty is no more...

Erap may have been a lot of things to a lot of people, but I do remember that, once, he spoke out in favor of gun ownership.:banana:

Kaiser Soze
09-11-2007, 21:23
Don't get me wrong, I'm HAPPY that he was found guilty, but c'mon, just him?!?!? As if a man can hide more than 50 million from Jueteng etc. ALONE, setup bank accounts to hide it ALONE, without the knowledge of his legal counsel or his family members?!?!?

Kung guilty siya, guilty din yung iba, in fact kulang pa yung na-accuse! I'm sure a lot of other guys had a share in that! What about the guys who stepped forward claiming the Jose Velarde account?!?!? Di ba perjury din yun? And Atong Ang, what about him?

Let's not forget that for a crime like this, done on a nationwide scale, there a whole lot more of people involved.:holysheep:

CatsMeow
09-11-2007, 21:28
Originally posted by Kaiser Soze
Don't get me wrong, I'm HAPPY that he was found guilty, but c'mon, just him?!?!? As if a man can hide more than 50 million from Jueteng etc. ALONE, setup bank accounts to hide it ALONE, without the knowledge of his legal counsel or his family members?!?!?

Kung guilty siya, guilty din yung iba, in fact kulang pa yung na-accuse! I'm sure a lot of other guys had a share in that! What about the guys who stepped forward claiming the Jose Velarde account?!?!? Di ba perjury din yun? And Atong Ang, what about him?

Let's not forget that for a crime like this, done on a nationwide scale, there a whole lot more of people involved.:holysheep:

Amen.:thumbsup: The problem with Erap was that he violated the 11th Commandment:

"THOU SHALT NOT GET CAUGHT.":supergrin:

I could recall how terrified I was during the so-called EDSA-3; I lived in Ermita, not far from Malacañang, I never left my place.:shocked:

Wp.22
09-11-2007, 21:35
jingoy is free, he was asked before what will he he do if the verdict for his case is not guilty. He said that he will get back on chavit.

Erap on presidential pardon, he was very vocal that he will not accept any pardon from GMA. He rather stick it our at munti. I believe him but on 2010 we will have another president only three years from now i bet my 2 cents he will be pardoned by that elected president and erap will accept it. His main reason will be "iam too old already and i want to spend my remaining days with my loved ones though im still inocent"

Django
09-11-2007, 21:37
[QUOTE]Erap may have been a lot of things to a lot of people, but I do remember that, once, he spoke out in favor of gun ownership./QUOTE]

Until he started to listen to Ping Lacson and okayed the proposal of Lacson not to issue PTCFOR's anymore.

CatsMeow
09-11-2007, 21:41
Right. It was after Lacson was booted out along with Erap that I was able to get a PTC again.:)

charlie-xray
09-12-2007, 02:39
Ok this administration proved it's point, BUT I'd be more convinced if this administration COULD CONVICT it's own people who are alleged perpetrators of massive scams as well Fertilizer and ZTE perhaps how.

CatsMeow
09-12-2007, 02:50
Right, bro, it's only now that the 70's era highway scam (remember that rough and dusty highway up north?) was decided by the Supreme Court.:upeyes:

bertud ng putik
09-12-2007, 03:11
dapat lang!

royal glockster
09-12-2007, 06:28
I heard over the radio this morning, mike enriquez jokingly announced that once erap is convicted and jailed at muntinlupa, it will be declared a republic. Erap is the president, trillanes the senator, jalosjos the congressman, and sanchez,the mayor...lots of councilors and barangay captains there..:supergrin:

jerrytrini
09-12-2007, 08:27
You guys are correct about "him" getting caught. What about the other 99% (I am being subtle) the moment they get elected, appointed or whatever start divesting the very office they were sworn to protect and uphold of anything they can put their hands on?

Criminals in the United States when caught go to jail. Criminals in the Philippines when about to get caught go to United States.

CatsMeow
09-12-2007, 19:28
Originally posted by jerrytrini
You guys are correct about "him" getting caught. What about the other 99% (I am being subtle) the moment they get elected, appointed or whatever start divesting the very office they were sworn to protect and uphold of anything they can put their hands on?

Criminals in the United States when caught go to jail. Criminals in the Philippines when about to get caught go to United States.

I really envy you there in the States. You can pull over a senator for DUI without having his bodyguards jump all over you as what would happen here.:)

jerrytrini
09-12-2007, 20:28
No one is above the law even LEOs.

9MX
09-12-2007, 20:35

Or Canada...with all the corruption in the Phil Govt., its almost like a syndicate..the organizational structure is always there down to the local levels, after hitting the 3-term limit, trapos would field immediate relatives as candidates and then go back again after a term.

heck...even GMA once mentioned she plans to run as congresswoman of pampanga after her term.imho, a statement made in bad tase whether she was joking or not (she doesn't know how to deliver jokes anyway):)

maskytrading
09-12-2007, 20:57
You are the president today; tomorrow you are a convict; maybe the next day you are hero...weather weather lang...this goes not only for Erap but for everybody in the government now

cebuboy
09-13-2007, 06:28
No one is above the law even LEOs.

In the USA sir jerry, in the USA...

At least convicting a president is a start :) problem is the others, Erap cant do them all by himself...

jerrytrini
09-13-2007, 06:46
CRONIES, CRONIES.

atmarcella
09-13-2007, 07:04
its all about legacy....

cory's was the flyovers, fvr the metrotren, erap...i dunno and of course marcos'es legacy was corruption.

before marcos if you offered a bribe to a govt. official shocked pa sya and malamang tatangi sya, after marcos sila pang humuhingi....

saki1611
09-13-2007, 07:38
the only difference that erap has and with other people in the government is that erap didn't know how to wipe his mouth after a copious meal...:upeyes:

choi_tan2000
09-13-2007, 20:20
well, for me fellow pinoys and comarades.... nakssss hehehe

theres a reason for everything.....

all other former presidents pinakakaguluhan, iniidulo, etc.etc etc.

and we all pinoys doesnt have any idea how they really work.. i mean (the under the table and underground deals)

ONLY SINCE "ERAPS" precidency come's........

that we now filipinos know how much kickbacks they get in many mutimillion. billion peso deals, weteng payolas.. it shocked filipinos that time and we now have the idea why they earn much money.. with only a salary of a hundred thousand pesos????????

and now we know how they are doing it ? what are we doing ? haaaaa..

ok we prosecute erap and jailed him? well he's just a tip of the iceberg, we need to to clean up the whole beurucratic sytem and jail all this people... (well we have to expand our jail facilities)

the reciepient of payola is jailed, right??? now where is the one who gave payola (suhol) or the weteng lord??????? hey wake up.. and weteng is allover the country now even worse..

hey filipinos, its not enough to know, we need to do something , lets report those things na nkikita ntn para mapuno biliibid.

ZTE, fertilizer scam, etc, macapagal blvd, comelec computerization, we have evidence on this and specialy nani perez other govt. already confirmed he has 2million dollars. oh my

god bless this country

atmarcella
09-13-2007, 23:37
nah its more like..."god save this country"

CatsMeow
09-14-2007, 00:38
"Well he's just the tip of the iceberg"

"Tip of the ice cream", you mean?:supergrin:

choi_tan2000
09-16-2007, 19:17
yah ice cream hehehehe

yes sir andrew "god save this country"

New_comer
09-16-2007, 20:54
Erap certainly is living up to his billing as the "Centennial President"...

He'll be a centenarian by the time he's elegible for parole. :supergrin: :thumbsup:

tigra
09-16-2007, 23:10
Eto po yung kopya ng decision...

http://222.127.25.198/cc26558.htm