Fl Nfa? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Fl Nfa?

ReAX222
09-13-2007, 16:17
It was my understanding that Fl didn't restrict us beyond the NFA, meaning we could have registered SBR, SBS, DD, Supressors, and autos. However, I triped over this statute while looking for another.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC221.HTM&Title=-%3E2007-%3ECh0790-%3ESection%20221#0790.221

90.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun; penalty.--

(1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable; but this section shall not apply to antique firearms.

So I guess my info was out of date?

ReAX222
09-13-2007, 16:18
This was nice to see though,
790.335 Prohibition of registration of firearms.--

(1) LEGISLATIVE FINDINGS AND INTENT.--

(a) The Legislature finds and declares that:

1. The right of individuals to keep and bear arms is guaranteed under both the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution and s. 8, Art. I of the State Constitution.

2. A list, record, or registry of legally owned firearms or law-abiding firearm owners is not a law enforcement tool and can become an instrument for profiling, harassing, or abusing law-abiding citizens based on their choice to own a firearm and exercise their Second Amendment right to keep and bear arms as guaranteed under the United States Constitution. Further, such a list, record, or registry has the potential to fall into the wrong hands and become a shopping list for thieves.

rvrctyrngr
09-13-2007, 18:40
Originally posted by ReAX222
It was my understanding that Fl didn't restrict us beyond the NFA, meaning we could have registered SBR, SBS, DD, Supressors, and autos. However, I triped over this statute while looking for another.

http://www.leg.state.fl.us/statutes/index.cfm?App_mode=Display_Statute&Search_String=&URL=Ch0790/SEC221.HTM&Title=-%3E2007-%3ECh0790-%3ESection%20221#0790.221

90.221 Possession of short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun; penalty.--

(1) It is unlawful for any person to own or to have in his or her care, custody, possession, or control any short-barreled rifle, short-barreled shotgun, or machine gun which is, or may readily be made, operable; but this section shall not apply to antique firearms.

So I guess my info was out of date?

Just need to read the rest of the statute:

790.221, Paragraph 3:
(3) Firearms in violation hereof which are lawfully owned and possessed under provisions of federal law are excepted.

ReAX222
09-13-2007, 20:34
I guess I just got upset and skipped that part.

rvrctyrngr
09-14-2007, 06:03
HAHA....Hey, I had to go look when I read your post!