GI Bill benefits in the early 50's [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : GI Bill benefits in the early 50's

Miss Maggie
09-14-2007, 19:42
My dad served in World War II. I know he went to school on the GI bill. He never had formal education past the seventh grade so he could not have taken any college classes. I think he took agriculture classes at night. I know he got some kind of stipend or check, but have no idea how much it would have been. He's dead now and I'd like to know more about his life back then. Does anyone know how or where I could find information?

Bado
09-14-2007, 20:07
Originally posted by Miss Maggie
My dad served in World War II. I know he went to school on the GI bill. He never had formal education past the seventh grade so he could not have taken any college classes. I think he took agriculture classes at night. I know he got some kind of stipend or check, but have no idea how much it would have been. He's dead now and I'd like to know more about his life back then. Does anyone know how or where I could find information?

put this question in the US Military Services Forums and I am sure you will get some good ideas.:thumbsup:

Slinger646
09-14-2007, 20:38
FWIW

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/G.I._Bill

Miss Maggie
09-15-2007, 06:14
Thanks, Bado and slinger. I asked a mod to move the thread and I looked over the website you gave me, slinger. So far, not the information I'm looking for but a good place to start. Thanks much.

Bado
09-15-2007, 08:12
Probably the best place you could post is www.military.com forums. There are alot of active dutie and retirees over there that can help.

Slinger646
09-15-2007, 08:36
Or take a trip down to your local legion or VFW :supergrin: