Transfer Fees [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Transfer Fees

Magicmanmb
09-16-2007, 08:41
Anyone know of an FFL in the Myrtle Beach area willing to do transfers on Smith and Wessons at a reasonable price. Coastal Shooting sports wants $100.00 yes one hundred for transfers Myrtle Beach Indoor wants $50.00 + %% and Dead Bang won't transfer smiths.

k3sls
09-16-2007, 20:13
Not sure how up-to-date this list is, but have a look at http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp and search by zip or state.

Looks like several on the Strand will do it for $20-25. I haven't used any of them yet, so I can't give you an experience based recommendation. But please post your experience if you locate someone.

Thanks,

Steve in NMB

arj
09-17-2007, 15:09
good gawd, for that price i would just get my own ffl license and buy them.

Magicmanmb
09-20-2007, 07:20
Originally posted by k3sls
Not sure how up-to-date this list is, but have a look at http://www.gunbroker.com/User/DealerNetwork.asp and search by zip or state.

Looks like several on the Strand will do it for $20-25. I haven't used any of them yet, so I can't give you an experience based recommendation. But please post your experience if you locate someone.

Thanks,

Steve in NMB

List is out of date several have been out of business for 2-3 years
1 of thee pawn shops is an ffl but will only purchase to get them off the street is how he put as he doesn't feel that anyone should have firearms. Had one quoe me $50.00 + % of what he would sell the gun for if t was in his store + sales tax (7%) on the whole transaction. Went in a store the other day they now charge $25.00 for the background told them have ccw so they don't need to run instacheck, still wanted the $25.00. We alos lost the one class 3 dealer we had said he didn't make enough to make it worth the fee.

k3sls
09-21-2007, 07:46
If you don't mind driving to Loris, try Dead Bang Guns, (843) 716-0511. Talk to Neal.

k3sls
09-21-2007, 08:45
If you don't mind driving to Loris, try Dead Bang Guns, (843) 716-0511. Talk to Neal.

Cancel that last post! He won't do S&W. Sorry.

Magicmanmb
09-21-2007, 12:21
Cancel that last post! He won't do S&W. Sorry.

I know spent about an hour on the phone with him. He also won't do Colt or Walther. And quite a number of distributors he won't deal with also. Only problem I really have with him is he tried to sell me a Comanche revolver and told me it was as good a quality piece as any S&W. I had him do a couple of transfers for me in the past on, but the Smiths I'm wanting haven't even been made since way before their political deal.

FYI for those who don't know we lost him as a Class 3 dealer also. There goes the can I wanted for my G.I. Woodsmen.