Cure for insomnia? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Cure for insomnia?

CatsMeow
09-17-2007, 19:07
Hi all,

Don't know if you have the same experience as me, but every night after a range session, I always sleep soundly.:) Does that mean, therefore, that in order to cure insomnia, it helps to visit the range and pop away? Nothing physical, just stand there and bust some poppers.:thumbsup:

enting
09-18-2007, 06:54
may be its stress related insomia, maybe going to the range released your stress. prescription: try sex at least 3X a day, if symptoms persist insult your doctor.

chowchow
09-18-2007, 08:10
:thumbsup: Great stress reliever..

nursetim
09-18-2007, 10:05
Try reading some of my text books on womens health. Garunteed to have you sawing logs in 1-2 paragraphs.

horge
09-18-2007, 17:48
Originally posted by nursetim
Try reading some of my text books on womens health. Guaranteed to have you sawing logs in 1-2 paragraphs.

I'm not even going to TRY to top that. ;)

CatsMeow
09-18-2007, 19:48
Originally posted by enting
may be its stress related insomia, maybe going to the range released your stress. prescription: try sex at least 3X a day, if symptoms persist insult your doctor.

That's going to kill me for sure.:supergrin:

antediluvianist
09-19-2007, 05:52
Probably is the effect of the lead in your bloodstream. You need a mask for when you go to the range. Either that, or breathe deeply at the range and sleep even better.

toxic
09-19-2007, 07:28
Now i know why i cant sleep here. No gun ,no smell of powder.:supergrin: not even lead .. wait a minute will lead nitrate do the trick got tons of it here..baka matuluyan naman ako..

im no shrink but i agree that insomia is cause by work related stress, that is why i engaged myself in shooting sports to relieve stress, it works for me:thumbsup: ..or is it just psychological scape goat , just giving this expensive sports a reason ,so the wife cant say No.

Wifey im in agreat deal of Stress i need a new Gun.:supergrin:

chowchow
09-19-2007, 08:07
I mow the front and back lawns. Trim the plants and sweat it out. After a hot shower and being comfy watching TV, I would feel sleepy. Of course the .45 is not too far from reach.

antediluvianist
09-19-2007, 08:32
Seriously, for a no-prescription-needed sleeping pill, melatonin.

With prescriptions, stilnox, or dormicum.

Allegra
09-19-2007, 08:40
swimming then eating and beer knocks me out at 12mn or else , I'm up until 3am

CatsMeow
09-19-2007, 19:07
If I couldn't go to the range (lalo na with the coming gun ban), a can of Red Horse or Colt 45, or two of Pilsen or Light, is usually enough to knock me out, without fail. But it's nothing like the deep sleep after a range session. Still, melatonin might be a good idea...:)

When I smell the overpowering odor of gunpowder as I get out of the car at the range, I conclude "Ah, somebody's going full-auto again.":supergrin: Sure enough, bap-bap-bap-bap...

But gunshots that do cause me some insomnia: While I was assigned in Manila, I lived in Ermita beside the Pasig River just across from the Muslim quarter. Imagine, at night, everything's quiet, then from across the river...brrrrrrp. I could only cringe and hope whoever it was wasn't firing across the river.:supergrin: