New Ca. law- better stock up now [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New Ca. law- better stock up now


Greg F.
09-17-2007, 19:59
I was in Turner's the other day and they told me a new law had passed awaiting the Gov's signature, that would force gun mnfr's to stamp the guns serial # on the firing pin. Every shot you fired the serial # would be stamped on the bullet casing. This would probably mean that gun mnfr's would stop selling guns in CA. If you don't want this to happen call the Gov's office and tell him not to sign the bill. And just to be on the safe side you should probably buy any new guns you want before the end of the year.

Quiet
09-17-2007, 20:30
AB 1471 passed both the Senate and Assembly.

It is now waiting for the Governor for approval / veto.

Contact Governor Schwarzenegger and urge him to VETO AB 1471.

www.gov.ca.gov/interact

Thunderhawk88
09-17-2007, 22:35
Ahhnold has gotten several telephone votes against AB1471, plus e-mails.
CALL the Ca. Gov's Sacra-mental number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 - to OPPOSE the gun control bill.

cmysprks
09-18-2007, 18:35
<a href="http://photobucket.com" target="_blank"><img src="http://i107.photobucket.com/albums/m306/cmysprks/johnwayne.jpg" border="0" alt="Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket"></a>

BossHogg
09-18-2007, 22:31
Originally posted by Greg F.
I was in Turner's the other day and they told me a new law had passed awaiting the Gov's signature, that would force gun mnfr's to stamp the guns serial # on the firing pin. Every shot you fired the serial # would be stamped on the bullet casing. This would probably mean that gun mnfr's would stop selling guns in CA.

If this passes (which I doubt), it would not apply to guns already on the CA DOJ approved handgun list. The firearms companies would just continue to sell those models and not introduce any new models with the microstamping capability.

phone*guy
09-22-2007, 19:47
Originally posted by Thunderhawk88
Ahhnold has gotten several telephone votes against AB1471, plus e-mails.
CALL the Ca. Gov's Sacra-mental number (916-445-2841)

Press 1 - for English
Press 2 - for Voice your opinion on Assembly Bills
Press 1 - for Micro Stamping Bill (AB1471)
Press 2 - to OPPOSE the gun control bill.


Thanks for posting that.
:thumbsup:

Glockster35
09-24-2007, 17:10
Is this even feasibly possible to do?

What stops a guy from replacing his firing pin?

M4inCA
09-25-2007, 11:59
Originally posted by Glockster35
Is this even feasibly possible to do?

What stops a guy from replacing his firing pin?

The "LAW" stops people from doing just that.

Yes, it's possible...

Microstamping Patent (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,886,284.PN.&OS=PN/6,886,284&RS=PN/6,886,284)

slewfoot
09-25-2007, 12:42
Originally posted by M4inCA
The "LAW" stops people from doing just that.

Yes, it's possible...

Microstamping Patent (http://patft.uspto.gov/netacgi/nph-Parser?Sect1=PTO1&Sect2=HITOFF&d=PALL&p=1&u=%2Fnetahtml%2FPTO%2Fsrchnum.htm&r=1&f=G&l=50&s1=6,886,284.PN.&OS=PN/6,886,284&RS=PN/6,886,284)


Criminals don't care about laws, that is why we call them criminals.

jnojr
09-25-2007, 15:11
Originally posted by Glockster35
Is this even feasibly possible to do?

What stops a guy from replacing his firing pin?

Look, there's no place in this issue for facts or reason! What the hell is the matter with you? It's for the children!!!

Glockster35
09-25-2007, 15:17
That was my point, say I buy a Glock with the micro-stamped firing pin. Nothing stops me from buying a firing pin say from Glockworx and installing it on my own pistol with no microstamping. When will the gun grabers learn?

I mean even if they made it specifically say that all firing pins sold to anyone in California, it would be almost impossible to follow up on, and someone could still ship the firing pin to their buddy in Alabama, to forward to them in California.:thumbsup:

How stupid are your law makers in California anyway? NEVERMIND, We all know the answer to that question!:rofl:

Screw California, I have lived there 2 different times, for a total of 6 years, NEVER AGAIN!

M4inCA
09-25-2007, 16:07
Originally posted by slewfoot
Criminals don't care about laws, that is why we call them criminals.

Try telling that to the lawmakers here, for some reason, they don't get it.

tbhracing
09-30-2007, 04:36
Even if it does pass, just buy anything used or near new online. (Gunbroker, etc...)

tatsuosan1964
09-30-2007, 14:39
If it does pass, they will probably include some type of wording that will make it a crime to tamper with the micro-stamp mechanism which sounds like the firing pin and chamber. That would make a lot of us criminals because of how many people use aftermarket firing pins, barrels or even factory .357 Sig barrels in a .40 S&W pistol thereby eliminating or changing the micro-stamp information. This could hurt the aftermarket businesses. On the other hand, if they make it only a crime if you change out parts with the INTENT to change or hide information, aftermarket companies are going to make a killing.