Djibouti [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Djibouti

DHansen
09-18-2007, 17:48
Hey Squids!

I'm Djibouti bound here in about a month, courtesy of an IA billet. Anyone have any good gouge (what to bring, what sucks, what's cool, etc.)?

Thanks.

dbolden
10-11-2007, 15:18
You relly know how to get a response from this crowd. :rofl: Guess they didn't like the sqid comment. Why don't you call and talk to them at the place you are going to do your IA?

P.S. It's kinda hot.

Navy Gunner
10-31-2007, 21:37
Personally if you are offended by "squid", then maybe thicker skin should be ordered from supply.

Never been to Djibouti so I can't offer any gouge. But good luck.

GMCS(SW)

Sugarfree
11-01-2007, 08:01
I've never been either. I have heard of living in tents and obviously the water and prostitutes are icky, icky. Stay clean.

4TS&W
11-01-2007, 08:39
My Dad is trying to avoid a trip there like the plague.... LOL (Army DOD civilian)

G19Wino
11-02-2007, 09:12
Check these pics (http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showthread.php?t=122543) for an idea of the scenery...I was there a while ago but I bet it hasn't changed... hot, hot, hot.

FESTUS
11-04-2007, 05:30
I was rooting for the other Team Saturday even though I'm a Notre Dame fan....Navy did well and congratulations. Navt did not quit and played with heart and tenacity.

DHansen
11-22-2007, 06:55
Well, I'm here now, so here's a bit of gouge!

It's hot, it's humid, and there's not a lot going on. As far as IAs go, it's not too bad. The food is good, and there's plenty of it. There's not a lot of "work" here on the Camp, (dependent upon your rate/designator, of course); most of it involves going into the neighboring countries to do all sorts of nice things for the population.

Also, the tents are still up, but I don't know of anyone living in them. Just about everyone is in a CLU (Containerized Living Unit), which aren't too bad. There's WiFi on the base as well, which gives you something to do.

I went out in town the other night, and I'm not sure I feel the need to go out again. I had some decent pizza, but other than that..

Oh, also, we get three beers a day.