Charlie Crist [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Charlie Crist


packinaglock
09-19-2007, 20:08
So what is everyone's feelings on Charlie so far?

boarhunter
09-20-2007, 10:19
Well Im not so sure how I feel so far, but Im not so happy with the Insurance problem , I thought he would have done better. I not to sure if he is for our gun rights, its seems like he rides both side of the fence..........no matter what party we vote for, guns rights and less taxes always get put on the back burner after they get in office... :(

avmech
09-20-2007, 15:48
that's called politics

mitchshrader
09-20-2007, 15:57
lying. calling thieves conservatives isn't a good idea. calling fascists liberals isn't a good idea.

call thieves, thieves.. and liars, liars.

if the SOB isn't worth supporting, don't.

just frigging DO NOT. don't go there, don't buy into the lie, don't partake, just 'don't'.

if you're not more honest about things than he is you deserve the guy.

Gmountain
09-21-2007, 10:14
I like him. Pleasantly surprised-I didn't vote for him.

noway
09-21-2007, 11:26
{if the SOB isn't worth supporting, don't.
}

that's so true but we are going to have him for a few more years.

The man has just been in office for not even his 1st year, so I'm not going to be to quick to string him up and hanging him ;)

hardd1
09-22-2007, 01:04
Charlie is no Jeb Bush.......

Gmountain
09-22-2007, 05:52
Originally posted by hardd1
Charlie is no Jeb Bush.......

One more great thing about Charlie!

hardd1
09-22-2007, 09:43
I must admit that I am patiently waiting for Charlie to live up to a few of his campaign promises...hopefully, it will be start with the big promise..........lower insurance rates........:rofl: :rofl:

packinaglock
09-22-2007, 13:37
Originally posted by hardd1
Charlie is no Jeb Bush....... +1

rmc85
09-23-2007, 21:44
I'm not sure about these tax cuts that will be happening. while I am all for paying less I just think that once people start to lose services they are gonna get mad at him.

I was very displeased when he met with some "black caucus" and said that gun rights should be restored to felons....

but other than that I dont think he has done much. I did vote for him but now I'm kind of worried hes gonna get stupid.

hardd1
09-23-2007, 22:57
I hope I didn't waste my vote for Charlie too........

packinaglock
09-24-2007, 03:35
Im starting to think he's liberal Charlie. And felons with guns yea thats what we need :shocked:

Gmountain
09-24-2007, 05:29
Originally posted by packinaglock
Im starting to think he's liberal Charlie. And felons with guns yea thats what we need :shocked:

If you've paid your debt, you should get your rights back.

And it's like anything else. If they are law abiding and want to follow the rules, they will follow the rules.

Felons who want to commit crimes still get guns.

All restoring rights does is help people who want to resume productive lives. I see no harm in that.

hardd1
09-24-2007, 06:04
I strongly disagree........felons should be accepted back into society after their completion of sentencing but, not with the same rights we good people share. let's face it ...you break the law...you pay. felons should be forever a branded soul in hopes it will be a deterrent from commiting a crime in the first place. With all of the help and lack of focus from the likes of the ACLU, liberal judges and our liberal leaders ...felons really only receive a fraction of the punishment they deserve....

Gmountain
09-24-2007, 10:36
Originally posted by hardd1
I strongly disagree........felons should be accepted back into society after their completion of sentencing but, not with the same rights we good people share. let's face it ...you break the law...you pay. felons should be forever a branded soul in hopes it will be a deterrent from commiting a crime in the first place. With all of the help and lack of focus from the likes of the ACLU, liberal judges and our liberal leaders ...felons really only receive a fraction of the punishment they deserve....

So an 18 year old kid gets caught with a couple of ounces of pot, gets a felony conviction, and is branded for the rest of his life? Can't vote, can't hunt?

hardd1
09-24-2007, 18:28
yeah........convicted felon.......

RIPPED
09-25-2007, 00:55
id be fine with 1 time convicted felons having firearms, stipulations as follows: able to obtain one through an FFL after 24 months have lapsed since felony conviction/time served,not on parole/probation, they would not be able to own one without going through pistol/rifle safety courses and so long as they have to register said firearms every year with a statewide database for a period of 10 years after initial firearm registration.One handgun one rifle per felon. Any other felony offense after the initial one would relinquish any and all firearm rights for a period of 10 years.

whereas non felons and ccw holders will not have to comply with these rules.

this is one of the only ways it would be doable.

rmc85
09-26-2007, 10:15
Originally posted by Gmountain
If you've paid your debt, you should get your rights back.

And it's like anything else. If they are law abiding and want to follow the rules, they will follow the rules.

Felons who want to commit crimes still get guns.

All restoring rights does is help people who want to resume productive lives. I see no harm in that.

so you wouldnt mind a sex offender living right next to your childs school? I mean he paid his debt in jail now he can watch all the little kiddies he wants. right?

hardd1
09-26-2007, 10:46
a criminal minded person may think twice about commiting a felony if knowing the outcome of their loss of rights is the nationwide standard....too bad if they want to sell dope, steal cars, rape, murder...etc......when the hammer hits the gavel they all become convicted felons .....never to become a equal citizen again

packinaglock
09-26-2007, 16:36
Originally posted by rmc85
so you wouldnt mind a sex offender living right next to your childs school? I mean he paid his debt in jail now he can watch all the little kiddies he wants. right?

Exactly!

Gmountain
09-27-2007, 05:13
Originally posted by rmc85
so you wouldnt mind a sex offender living right next to your childs school? I mean he paid his debt in jail now he can watch all the little kiddies he wants. right?

If you are sentenced and serve your time,then you should get your rights back. If not, then why is a person out of jail?

Watching kiddies is not a crime. Acting is the crime. I'm amazed that gun owners aren't the first to say that it is the act that's the crime.


What about the kid who is labeled a sex offender because he is a high school senior and is 19 and his girlfriend is a junior and is 16? Are you in favor of him losing his right to vote and to own a firearm?

hardd1
09-27-2007, 05:27
Originally posted by Gmountain
If you are sentenced and serve your time,then you should get your rights back. If not, then why is a person out of jail?

Watching kiddies is not a crime. Acting is the crime. I'm amazed that gun owners aren't the first to say that it is the act that's the crime.


What about the kid who is labeled a sex offender because he is a high school senior and is 19 and his girlfriend is a junior and is 16? Are you in favor of him losing his right to vote and to own a firearm?

seems like the high school senior boys are getting more and more sex from their teachers......:cheerleader:

rmc85
09-28-2007, 11:37
Originally posted by Gmountain
If you are sentenced and serve your time,then you should get your rights back. If not, then why is a person out of jail?

Watching kiddies is not a crime. Acting is the crime. I'm amazed that gun owners aren't the first to say that it is the act that's the crime.


What about the kid who is labeled a sex offender because he is a high school senior and is 19 and his girlfriend is a junior and is 16? Are you in favor of him losing his right to vote and to own a firearm?

while I see what your getting at I guess I've seen too many police reports and depos from bad bad cases for me to forgive the defendant. dont quote me on it but I'm pretty sure in florida a relationship between anyone 16-22 cant be a crime if eveything was consentual.