Need some serous advises on giving flowers to a lady [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Need some serous advises on giving flowers to a lady

fnfalman
09-20-2007, 11:12
First of all, I know how to buy flowers. That isn't the crux of the problem. It's just that she just isn't another babe I'm trying to land but someone whom I am rather fond of. Once upon a time we had some chemistry but before anything serious developed (we were planning on going on our first date) I suddenly moved away due to work and she did the same and somehow we lost contact. I never thought I saw her again until fast forward four years later, literally last week, I went into a restaurant and there she was bartending. I was delightfully shocked to say the least. The chemistry is still there, strong on my part but restrained on her. During our catching up, I found out that her serious boyfriend just passed away due to illness. Serious as in she was contemplating a permanent relationship with him.

Anyway, she said that she needs time to get her self back together and understandably so. I have nothing but time so being patient is no biggie. I know how to give a woman room and space. I told her that I never thought I'd get to see her again so this encounter is a blessing and that I won't blow it by being demanding. I'll bide my times. Meanwhile I told her that my strong feelings for her hadn't changed, though I wouldn't press the issue. The ball is in her court and if all she wants is for us to be friends only then I will be content with that. Or if and when she's ready to explore the romantic prospects, I'm OK with that too. It's not that I'm desperate for female company (I have two honeys lined up right now), and while this woman is truly a special one, I wouldn't be a monk waiting for her. Nonetheless, I was thinking about sending her flowers once a week on every Monday. So the questions are:

1. Is that too much? Flowers every Monday? A little something to remind her that I'm still here thinking of her.

2. What sort of bouquet should I send her? Roses are too lame and I don't want a generic mix either. What sorts of flowers would make a woman feel good yet still hints that a guy out there having romantic feelings for her?

She's 30-years-old.

LadyG23
09-20-2007, 11:24
I'd suggest that you give (not have delivered) a single flower in a non-traditional color. (think purple daisies, yellow rose with red tip, etc.) Not on a specific day, just whenever. "I was thinking of you", "It's different, like you", "Reminded me how nice you look in blue" type stuff. Change the flower around to different ones.

Good luck! :hearts:

c-mama
09-20-2007, 11:29
I wouldn't be so regular with them. Then she'll be expecting them, and I think the romance lies in the unexpected.

Not to mention you don't want to seem like a stalker.

Go to the flower shop and pick out a stem or two of a nice exotic flower. That's different and shows that you took the time to pick them out.

I, too, wish you luck. :)

fnfalman
09-20-2007, 12:23
All right!!!

Unconventional flowers and random days.

THANK YOU!!!:supergrin:

sweetatergal
09-20-2007, 13:28
Originally posted by LadyG23
I'd suggest that you give (not have delivered) a single flower in a non-traditional color. (think purple daisies, yellow rose with red tip, etc.) Not on a specific day, just whenever. "I was thinking of you", "It's different, like you", "Reminded me how nice you look in blue" type stuff. Change the flower around to different ones.

Good luck! :hearts:

Originally posted by c-mama
I wouldn't be so regular with them. Then she'll be expecting them, and I think the romance lies in the unexpected.

Go to the flower shop and pick out a stem or two of a nice exotic flower. That's different and shows that you took the time to pick them out.

I'd say that I agree with the 2 posts above. :thumbsup:

and Good Luck to ya as well!!! :supergrin:

kcb
09-21-2007, 18:35
I agree, random flowers would be the best. Something simple...not too much. Don't push too hard.

She needs her time and space to grieve before she's ready to move forward.

A gentle occassional reminder that you are there for her will be nice, when she's ready.

Good luck!

CHRgma58
09-21-2007, 20:49
I'm new here, but for what it's worth, you have received some excellent advice. Random types of flowers, delivered at random times are a fantastic way to let someone know you are thinking about them. Just not too often....you don't want her to get the impression you are thinking of her 24/7.

Patricia
09-22-2007, 10:49
Originally posted by c-mama

:agree: Great idea! :thumbsup:

Blitzer
09-22-2007, 11:15
Just stay away from lilies! :shocked: ;)

MrsKitty
09-22-2007, 15:06
How about a vase of Lucky Bamboo. Maybe even put a Beta fish in it. On the card, tell her how you hope her luck is going to change.

Orchids. In a pot, not cut. African violets. :hearts:

fnfalman
09-22-2007, 16:48
All great advises on the choices of flowers. Thank you. The reason I said about giving her flowers once a week is that I will be seeing her on a regular basis. She bartends at one of my favorite restaurants. It'll be difficult but do-able for me to just patronize the joint yet not trying to dominate her times with other customers. I definitely don't want to be seen as pushing for something she's not ready for. Besides, there are other honeys I gotta attend to.:supergrin:

AV1911
09-25-2007, 21:52
Ahhh....my serious advise is once a week is WAY to much. I personally would be somewhat freaked out and uncomfortable with that. Flowers are special and should be treated that way....too much of a good thing usually ends up being a bad thing....

But to each his own I guess...

Just my 2cents...

fnfalman
09-27-2007, 07:22
Originally posted by AV1911
Ahhh....my serious advise is once a week is WAY to much. I personally would be somewhat freaked out and uncomfortable with that. Flowers are special and should be treated that way....too much of a good thing usually ends up being a bad thing....

But to each his own I guess...

Just my 2cents...

'Tis true. No need to give her a flower every week. My presence there should be reward enough.:tongueout:

AV1911
09-27-2007, 15:43
Originally posted by fnfalman
'Tis true. No need to give her a flower every week. My presence there should be reward enough.:tongueout:

It absolutely should be...lol...with the occasional gift of flowers. Keep it simple....and special...:thumbsup:

fnfalman
10-04-2007, 07:52
I'm heartbroken.:sad:

She went out on a date with somebody else.

We had a chat and she said that although she still likes me aplenty, but only in the capacity of a friend. The chemistry we had four years ago, she doesn't have any more.

So, I reconfirm with her that I'm here as her friend for as long as she wants me to be. I'd rather have her as a friend than not to have her in my life at all.

I'm glad that she moved on from the dead ex-boyfriend, but I'm sad for me because I'm not the one she's turning to.

But hey, this new boytoy may just be a temporary thing and I'm still gonna be around. Hehe.

In a way it's good because I've been neglecting the other honeys lately.

SouthernGal
10-04-2007, 14:55

WHAT?!? It ain't like you to not be saying "Next!"

Mourn for 5 minutes, then move on...

:supergrin:

fnfalman
10-04-2007, 18:13
Originally posted by SouthernGal
WHAT?!? It ain't like you to not be saying "Next!"

Mourn for 5 minutes, then move on...

:supergrin:

Some women you simply can't move on from. But I'm a realist and I don't intend on living a chaste, monk-like life while biding my times.:supergrin:

AV1911
10-05-2007, 21:39

We had a chat and she said that although she still likes me aplenty, but only in the capacity of a friend. The chemistry we had four years ago, she doesn't have any more.

So, I reconfirm with her that I'm here as her friend for as long as she wants me to be. I'd rather have her as a friend than not to have her in my life at all.

I'm glad that she moved on from the dead ex-boyfriend, but I'm sad for me because I'm not the one she's turning to.

But hey, this new boytoy may just be a temporary thing and I'm still gonna be around. Hehe.

In a way it's good because I've been neglecting the other honeys lately.

AV1911
10-05-2007, 21:40
Well.....that didn't go too well now did it...I will try this again...

AV1911
10-05-2007, 21:46
I am really sorry....having your heart broken over someone that you really care about is always hard....we have ALL been there....

But...you are doing the right thing...if you really care about this girl and it sounds as though you do....just be there for her....and you never know what will happen in time...maybe this new relationship is her rebound?? And maybe not...but either way, having a friend who stays with you and who is always available can't be a bad thing...

Best of luck to you....