How is Tamarack? I'll be moving there in a week [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : How is Tamarack? I'll be moving there in a week

passive101
09-22-2007, 12:17
Found a condo to rent in Tamarack for a good price. The area looks MUCH nicer and safer then Hollywood.

Anyone know what it's like?

noway
09-22-2007, 13:24
Any where around university dr is a good area for Tamarack. Any locatiosn around bailey rd out to SR7 are not as popular as those around the university drive area.

Overall Tamarack , some parts of, NorthLauderdale and into Coral Springs are okay.

Cool option around these parts you have quick access to some nice private schools, malls and sawgrass-exp. If you have togo to I95 foregetaboutit ;)

passive101
09-22-2007, 15:28
What is sawgrass-exp?

No kids so I'm good without them for now. :)

noway
09-22-2007, 18:43
A big 4 -6 lane expressway that runs from broward-palm beach county line to I595 and I75. If you commute and/or work in far western broward counties, it could save you alot of time.

btw: I mistakenly label it as an express-way when in reality it's a toll-way. From end 2 end expect to pay about 2dollars in tolls and the total mileage can't be on 34miles give or take. I drive everyday now for the last 2 years and it's business times are doing the peak AM traffic at sunrise blvd and at the end between FL-turnpike and SR7/441.

If you job requires you to commute eastbound from tamarack then good luck. Monring and afternoon down any West-East roads are pack.

;)

kilo905
09-22-2007, 23:14
It is spelled "Tamarac". There is no "K".

Make sure you have decent car insurance. Tamarac has very large retirement communities, and your chances of being involved in a traffic crash with a 103 year old blue haired driver will exponentially increase.

Overall probably better than Hollywood, but some of the surrounding areas, like Broadview, are not exactly paradise. Check out the areas around the apartment complex at different hours of the day, especially convenience stores and the like to give you a good idea as to the demographics.

On the plus side, pretty good golf courses, if you are into that.

passive101
09-24-2007, 09:22
I don't care for golfing much. But 2 assigned parking spots with guest parking sure is nice for a change.

Mild Bill
09-25-2007, 19:50
Originally posted by kilo905
Make sure you have decent car insurance. Tamarac has very large retirement communities, and your chances of being involved in a traffic crash with a 103 year old blue haired driver will exponentially increase.

HA! I lived in Lauderhill---just up the road--- for three years, and I had only a motorcycle...
I honed my skills on those roads, for just that reason...

No-one ever saw me!
At a stop light they would coast and bump into me...
There was no 'maybe'--- whether or not they pulled out of the 7-11 parking lot
onto the road 10 feet in front of me!
I beeped my horn whenever I came close to anybody as a precaution...

It was a scene man...

:beer:

passive101
09-25-2007, 20:21
Originally posted by Mild Bill
HA! I lived in Lauderhill---just up the road--- for three years, and I had only a motorcycle...
I honed my skills on those roads, for just that reason...

No-one ever saw me!
At a stop light they would coast and bump into me...
There was no 'maybe'--- whether or not they pulled out of the 7-11 parking lot
onto the road 10 feet in front of me!
I beeped my horn whenever I came close to anybody as a precaution...

It was a scene man...

:beer:

Are you serious about the bumping? Well crap if that happens I'm suing for a new bike. I've had my eye on a new suzuki for awhile. :hearts: