Almost Killed another person today WTF is wrong with people here? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Almost Killed another person today WTF is wrong with people here?

passive101
09-23-2007, 02:02
Today was the 3rd time I almost killed a pedestrian. Traveling 40+ mph and someone decides to run in front of me to illegally cross the road no where near a cross walk. I came inches from hitting this guy and his little kid.

Sadly I see lots of people like this. In fact actually it's the majority of them. People don't walk on the left side of the street, people ride going both directions instead of with traffic, jay walking, not obeying stop signs, not obeying traffic signals, yelling at each other.

Has the sun warped these peoples brains or something?

rich52us
09-23-2007, 04:24
South FL is a challanging place o drive. Also keep in mind that these people are driving at times while you are walking:shocked:

Gmountain
09-23-2007, 05:58
Yup, welcome to Florida. Just wait for the winter, hehehehe

packinaglock
09-23-2007, 06:01
Perfect example of why not to drink and drive that split second could have ment you sitting in jail because of someone else cant follow directions

rvrctyrngr
09-23-2007, 11:31
Originally posted by passive101

Has the sun warped these peoples brains or something?

No...their brains just haven't thawed out yet after moving from NY, Ohio, Michigan, Wisconsin, Illinois, etc....

As for the 6 or 7 FL natives still left, our brains are just fine, thanks. :supergrin:

passive101
09-23-2007, 16:59
Originally posted by packinaglock
Perfect example of why not to drink and drive that split second could have ment you sitting in jail because of someone else cant follow directions

No alcohol but I had no time to hit the breaks. I figure if people are that dumb that's there problem anyways if they want to play chicken with thousands of pounds of moving metal.

Still scared the crap out of me though. I don't feel like having to make police reports or damage done to my car.

Hey at least no one's stolen my motorcycle yet:supergrin:

thaclient
09-24-2007, 06:51
As I sit at a traffic light watching 8 people turn left when my light has turned green and theirs red (one thing that really pisses me off), I often reflect on just how much this is like driving in a third-world country.

I suppose you just have to roll with the punches in these parts.

Could be worse: we could all live in New York.* :banana:

* This coming from someone who was born there.:tongueout:

Babysinister
09-25-2007, 08:18
I've seen them cross the street (the rather wide North Kendall Drive, even!) just a few feet from the clearly marked crosswalk -- so it's not even a question of crossing where they consider it convenient, it seems; it's as if they just find it repulsive to do it the lawful way! Just show them where they should legally cross and they will cross somewhere else. This is not just a scofflaw attitude, its a hatelaw attitude! Of course, if you should be unfortunate enough to hit one, then they (or their relatives) will get a LAW-yer right away. Maybe this is the pedestrian version of the swoop-and-squat scam.

Babysinister
09-25-2007, 08:26
Originally posted by thaclient
As I sit at a traffic light watching 8 people turn left when my light has turned green and theirs red (one thing that [B]really pisses me off), I often reflect on just how much this is like driving in a third-world country.

Miami is not a third world country. To be precise, it's a third world toilet. This is because in a third world country they just wouldn't survive for long - those with a red light who cut in would be cut through by the guys with the green light, or worse. It seems that the third world's "loss" is our "gain."

And this is from someone who grew up Here. :wavey:

passive101
09-25-2007, 08:42
Maybe I'm not familiar enough with FL law, but I thought if I'm obeying the laws driving I'm not responsible for someone stupid who walks in front of traffic outside of a cross walk?

Can I then sue them for denting my car or having to hard of bones or being to fat?

rich52us
09-25-2007, 08:55
Maybe I'm not familiar enough with FL law, but I thought if I'm obeying the laws driving I'm not responsible for someone stupid who walks in front of traffic outside of a cross walk?

That doesn't mean you will not be sued and it does not mean a Miami jury will not award them money.

noway
09-25-2007, 14:41
{Miami is not a third world country. To be precise, it's a third world toilet.}

ditto

My cuban friend mother states in their defense maybe last week they where riding a donkey ;)

I drive to downtown MIA about 2-3 times a week and it's just silly at best to see how our cars and pedestrian act.

left from a far right lane = okay

right from a far left lane = okay

cross where I choose when I want todo, regardless of the light = okay

double park = okay

park near hydrant = okay

park in no parking area = okay

don't pull over when red/blue lights and sirens ar running = okay

Miami = 4th world country and Hialeah is the 5th world country.

I was recently up in the Jacksonville location about 20days back and man it's another different country ;)

MeanMike
09-25-2007, 16:21

Can I then sue them for denting my car or having to hard of bones or being to fat?

True

Originally posted by rich52us
That doesn't mean you will not be sued and it does not mean a Miami jury will not award them money.

and true

Pedestrians have rules just like motor vehicles. Most crashes involving pedestrians ive seen are the pedestrians fault.

GlocknSpiehl
09-25-2007, 18:31
My wife & I live in Miami. She frequently asks me "when can we move back to the USA?" And she is from S America...
:thumbsup:

passive101
09-25-2007, 20:19
Originally posted by GlocknSpiehl
My wife & I live in Miami. She frequently asks me "when can we move back to the USA?" And she is from S America...
:thumbsup:

lol That's what I've been thinking. I like the beach lol.

thaclient
09-25-2007, 21:40
Originally posted by Babysinister
Miami is not a third world country. To be precise, it's a third world toilet. This is because in a third world country they just wouldn't survive for long - those with a red light who cut in would be cut through by the guys with the green light, or worse. It seems that the third world's "loss" is our "gain."

And this is from someone who grew up Here. :wavey:

True, you pull that crap in a lot of other places and you'll be taken out by the next guy jumping the green. Here it seems like people just sit and watch six cars go by without honking. Maybe it is just me, but it seems like this behavior has gotten a lot worse lately- like everyone that watches it seems to think it is accepted and hence they start to do it. I even saw a viejo pull onto Ludlam from 8th ST. about 5 seconds after he had the red. He did it right in to the path of a turning Miami Police motocycle officer. Too bad it wasn't MDPD that could have nailed him for driving like an asshat.

Ahh just another day in paradise! :tongueout:

mike1969
10-02-2007, 19:04
Welcome to Florida.

Here in Jacksonville, people hardly run in front of vehicles. Ok, well there are some exceptions. The people here do not know how to drive at all. Its almost like, oh you wanna drive, here pay that lady over there and get your pic taken. Here's your license.

It amazes me all the intersections usually have the worst accidents. You would figure maybe they shouldnt pull in front of another vehicle, but idiots do. And at the time, when they do, its usually less than 40 foot away. I went to make a bank deposit Friday of last week for work, and some dumbass just whips right in front of me in the commercial lane, just to get into the other commercial lane. Because of his stupidity, I gave him some choice words, since he was in the next to where I was at. He just had a blank stare. I really wanted to get out and slap the stupid off his face. Damn.

Well passive you will adjust to the land of guns and people who cant drive. And people who run in front of cars...

packinaglock
10-03-2007, 16:53
hence the saying would the last American to leave south Florida please grab the flag!

Babysinister
10-04-2007, 06:45
Originally posted by packinaglock
hence the saying would the last American to leave south Florida please grab the flag!

As far as West Kendall is concerned, they left and grabbed that flag about twenty years ago. All you see is vehicles with flag stickers from a variety of foreign countries. This is not immigration, it's an invasion, or a series of them. :shocked:

FLGUY
10-12-2007, 17:38
We moved to Orlando from NJ in 1991. I thought NJ was bad. Man...little did I know. Vehicles going 60+ mph in 30 mph zones...constant lane weaving...running red lights and my favorite, while traveling on a main drag, some ****** bag coming out from a side street sitting and waiting...you think he's waiting nicely for you to pass cuz there's NO ONE behind you...BUT...at the last possible second...WHOOSH! He careens out in front of you. Talk about being PISSED OFF!

Ahhh, when it rains...fehgedaboudit! I'm sure glad it doesn't snow here!

NY Glock
10-12-2007, 21:58
[QUOTE]Originally posted by FLGUY
"some ****** bag"

You are definetly from Jersey......LOL

Come on now FL drivers are 100% better then Jersey drivers. just the sight Jersey plates would make my blood boil. Especially when they are driving in NYC. You think the never saw a building before :tongueout:

Most of Florida drivers are OK and courteous, except the morons that hog the left lane. Miami is a different story....then you have idiot geezers driving too slow, and the ****** bags in imports driving too fast and cutting everybody off.