buying shotgun/rifle in NC? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : buying shotgun/rifle in NC?

Nyper
09-27-2007, 07:27
I feel silly asking this.. but I simply don't remember. I haven't been living in NC very long and have never bought a shotgun/rifle since.

You don't have to have a permit to purchase a shotgun/rifle do you? Can't they just run the background check on you while you're there? Is it usually immediate?

I have a carry permit, but it was lost & haven't got a replacement from the sherriff's office yet (waiting on new drivers license to get here before that)... so it'd be over a week before I could even ask the sherriffs office to get me a replacement, and I would like to purchase a shotgun before Saturday.

crazy
09-27-2007, 08:09
you are correct, no permit is required for a long gun purchase......the dealer will call in the background check info while you are there

Nyper
09-27-2007, 08:16
thought so.. just wanted to be sure before I walked in like an idgit. :)

MrsKitty
09-27-2007, 10:19
Originally posted by Nyper

I have a carry permit, but it was lost & haven't got a replacement from the sherriff's office yet (waiting on new drivers license to get here before that)... so it'd be over a week before I could even ask the sherriffs office to get me a replacement, and I would like to purchase a shotgun before Saturday.

New driver's license? Do you have a NC license now? I think you have to have it to prove who you are?

crazy
09-27-2007, 14:49
sorry, I missed the driver's license comment.....when I bought a shotgun last year I was asked for my NC driver's license

spober
10-06-2007, 10:47
Originally posted by crazy
sorry, I missed the driver's license comment.....when I bought a shotgun last year I was asked for my NC driver's license

well yes they certainly need a N.C. DL for identification ! :banana: