Mhd Rod & Gun Club may close forever! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Mhd Rod & Gun Club may close forever!

pesticidal
09-28-2007, 14:33
If you're close to Moorhead, MN. you may know of the problems that the Mhd Rod & Gun Club have had trying to stay open. This year, the members put in a lot of work upgrading the backstop, side berms and eyebrow to assure safety on the range.

They did this with the hope that the NRA would support them in the court in order to be able to re-open. A representative from the NRA came out this spring and gave it an A-ok, so the club applied for help from the NRA Civil Defense Fund.

Unbelievably, it was denied, with no reason given. The club will be holding a meeting at the clubhouse (just off of 28th Ave N. by Crystal Sugar plant) at 7:00 on Monday, October <s>31</s> 1st.

This club has been in existence for many decades, and the site has been encroached upon. They need our help! Please come if you can, or write to your NRA representative and tell him to support the club.

If you need any more details please shoot me an e-mail. Thanks.

pesticidal
10-06-2007, 06:42
Crap, I screwed up, big time. I meant to type in October 1, not 31.

The meeting was held, and the club is in dire need of financial and legal assistance. The local company that built close has a TRO on shooting at the range. The club feels that the MN Range Protection Act will favor the club, but does not have the resources to fight it.

EAJuggalo
10-07-2007, 16:41
You should post this on mnguntalk.com and twincitiescarry.com. Both of those sites have a few lawyers around as well as more than a few who would be willing to help.