Permit has Arrived [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Permit has Arrived

MasterGuns
09-28-2007, 18:19
Hey all. Got a note in the mail today to pick up my concealed carry permit at the Spotsy courthouse. 22 days from application to mail notice. Thats not so bad. Too bad its Friday.

Question: I can now purchase more than one gun in 30 days, right? I bought one a few weeks ago before having a permit. Could I theoretically go buy another one now?

stooxie
09-28-2007, 19:29
The law exempts permit holders from the 30 day thing. As far as I know, it says nothing about purchases made before having the permit.

-Stooxie

vafish
09-29-2007, 05:10
http://leg1.state.va.us/cgi-bin/legp504.exe?000+cod+18.2-308.2C2

P. Except as provided in subdivisions 1, 2 and 3 of this subsection, it shall be unlawful for any person who is not a licensed firearms dealer to purchase more than one handgun within any 30-day period. A violation of this subsection shall be punishable as a Class 1 misdemeanor.

2. The provisions of this subsection shall not apply to:

h. A person who holds a valid Virginia permit to carry a concealed handgun;

The way I read that. Your permit is now valid, the subsection does not apply to you.

Of course I am not a lawyer.

sigpro357
10-03-2007, 16:50
Congradulations. I told you it would be within a month. Good to see that is still holding true. You should now be good to go and exempt from the one every 30 day rule.