Amr [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Amr

azFIREguy
09-28-2007, 22:16
Any AMR employee's in here?

gloxter
09-29-2007, 19:33
That's one of the many hats I wear. Why do you ask?

azFIREguy
09-30-2007, 04:53
They just bought out a private company where I live. I wanted to find out how the company is to work for? This will be there first C.O.N. in AZ, so we have limited info about this company.

gloxter
09-30-2007, 08:43
Sounds like they gave Rural Metro the boot, huh?

With 20,000 plus employees I'd say AMR is doing something right. New employee training is extensive, a week long in my part of California; ongoing training and CE's are in abundance, as is over time.

Medics here typically are able to achieve 100K plus a year with a reasonable amount of OT; but again, that's dependant upon the locale or pay scale.

If it's a part time thing for you if you're working fire or waiting to get onto the department, you can basically work as much or as little as you want. There are minumums, but they are easily achieved. The county I was hired in (I work fire as well) was a newly RFP recently awarded, and essentially everything is new. Brand new. From vehicles to equipment.

You can gain seniority rapidly, as good employees are routinely snatched up by departments.

Honestly, that's just a glimpse of my experience with them, but I don't have anything bad to say about them. Hope that helps.

DCLXVI
10-08-2007, 14:35
I worked for AMR for a little over 10 years in a part time status. Overall I was pleased working for them. Pay was good along with the 410k that was available to part time employees as well as full timers. Unfortunately they lost the contract for the county & another provider replaced them. I was not as pleased with them so now I work in a hospital ER part time.

DScottHewitt
10-08-2007, 18:51
Don't they (or DIDN'T they) run the 911 EMS calls in Richmond Virginia?!?!?

Scott

DepChief
10-12-2007, 13:14
Originally posted by DScottHewitt
Don't they (or DIDN'T they) run the 911 EMS calls in Richmond Virginia?!?!?

Scott

That is currently Richmond Ambulance Authority I believe.

obxprnstar
10-13-2007, 13:31
Originally posted by DepChief
That is currently Richmond Ambulance Authority I believe. I think AMR has the contract to provide the medic units for RAA.

BTW: Somewhere I have a RAA t-shirt.

Stopdropnroll
10-16-2007, 16:03
Formerly, in a galaxy far far away....

SDnR

Joey
10-22-2007, 10:36
Any AMR employee's in here?

Went from full time EMT-B to part time working for em.

freshmeat
10-27-2007, 21:56
Sounds like they gave Rural Metro the boot, huh?

With 20,000 plus employees I'd say AMR is doing something right. New employee training is extensive, a week long in my part of California; ongoing training and CE's are in abundance, as is over time.

Medics here typically are able to achieve 100K plus a year with a reasonable amount of OT; but again, that's dependant upon the locale or pay scale.

If it's a part time thing for you if you're working fire or waiting to get onto the department, you can basically work as much or as little as you want. There are minumums, but they are easily achieved. The county I was hired in (I work fire as well) was a newly RFP recently awarded, and essentially everything is new. Brand new. From vehicles to equipment.

You can gain seniority rapidly, as good employees are routinely snatched up by departments.

Honestly, that's just a glimpse of my experience with them, but I don't have anything bad to say about them. Hope that helps.

Nope they didnt give us the boot. They bought out River Medical and outfit in Kingman AZ and other places in the far western side of AZ. I actually work in the closest CON to theirs, doing rural ems in a small mining town. All of us rural metro (field employee's) are actually very excited AMR is in AZ. We're all looking forward to the much needed competition and change can do the AZ system nothing but good at this point. Interestingly I started seeing AMR backboards about 5months back.....kinda a portent I spose!