moving to Miami area... advice please! [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : moving to Miami area... advice please!

NotAMonte86
09-29-2007, 10:47
Hey everyone, I posted about this on the local gun forum, but decided to post here as well as there may be members here who don't check out Florida Shooters Network. Since it was posted there a few days ago, this post will be put together better.

I will be moving from Orlando to the Miami area very shortly. Although I've lived here for over 20 years, I've never been to Miami. I'm looking for advice on which areas to look at and which to avoid. Here are some details:

-I will be working near 95 & 195. I'd prefer to live North of there (up to 1hr. drive during rush hour, maybe more), but that isn't going to make or break a good deal.

-I am just starting to get into a career, so I can't afford the pricey stuff.

-I will be alone, so a 1br is fine.

-I am in my mid-20s.

-I understand the area is pricier than where I'm from, I know I'll need Spanish to get by, and I know traffic will be bad.

-Nightlife doesn't matter one way or the other.

-A safer part of town is desired.

After thinking it through, I should realistically rent a place down there for a while and see what happens from there. So far I've gotten positive replies about Hollywood, Emerald Hills, Aventura, Brickell, and a number of other places. I will gather everyone's thoughts and take a trip down there soon to see what I like. Thanks for any advice you may have.

noway
09-29-2007, 19:47
Also add....

miami, shores, hallandale beach certain parts of NMia or just move to Miami-Beach ( parking could be a ***** tho in SOBE ).

If you have the money look at newly redesigned section sound of Little Haiti districts ( 54th southward ) and leading into the design destrict you could also stay right in Miami City limits and beable to bus or bike to work ;)

A great area is around 54 and 2NE and anything down from their on Biscayne. You can still find 1br apartments , with allocated parking slots and under 900dollars which is a steal. A few homeonwers also have converted apartments also and they would be much cheaper than the new bigger management area , but YMMV.

Now if you wanted to go sound of I95 and I195 ( like down US1) you 'll have more options and traffic should better also. I wouldn't limit myself.

Just my 2cts.

if you want, I could send you a "find apartment guide".

NotAMonte86
09-29-2007, 23:50
PM sent.

noway
09-30-2007, 15:12
PM replied... if you want that apt finder don't hesitate. I can get one for you Ingles or Spanish and send it right out ;)