Best place local to get primers and powder [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best place local to get primers and powder

UtahIrishman
09-29-2007, 23:14
I want to start reloading and am wondering where is the best place in the Salt Lake Valley to buy primers and powder?

Also looking for a Turret Press.

Thanks in advance

Steve Koski
09-29-2007, 23:28
Lee Clasic Turret press if you want a turret. Just buy new online.

Sportsman's Whorehose for powder.

I have no good ideas for primers. Maybe Center Street Brass in provo, I've heard they have had some decent prices, but have never actually purchased there.

UtahIrishman
09-29-2007, 23:36
Thanks Steve, I appreciate the info. Didn't even think of Sportsman's. I hardly ever go there.

Steve Koski
09-30-2007, 12:59
UI: You probably know this, but once you know what powder you like, buy it in 8 lbs containers. It's like getting 2 1/2 pounds free.

UtahIrishman
09-30-2007, 16:12
Thanks again for the tip Steve. Primarily loading for .308 though I might load 9MM too, so I'll probably try different powders initially. I think Doug's has primers, I know they have powder. I was going to stop by there today , but they are closed on Sundays.

I'm ordering a Lee Turret press and reloading book from Midway this coming week. For now I'll stick with the standard recipes suggested by the book.

I'll see how it goes. Looks like it will be fun.:)

Steve Koski
09-30-2007, 18:37
Last time I looked for powder at Doug's it was a couple bucks more per pound than SW. I don't recall their primer prices. Anything under $20/thousand isn't bad.

Sambolijah
09-30-2007, 20:20
Center street in provo has a good price on primers. Small rifle primers were $16 per 1000 last week. Not sure what large rifle would be though.
Of course the drive down would offset the savings anyhow.