Anyone belong to an agency [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone belong to an agency

DScottHewitt
10-03-2007, 11:09
that does their own photo ID card?!?!?

We are looking into getting something at the company where I do EMS. We are going to an electronic key card access system to track duty time and stuff. We would like to do photo IDs at this time, as part of a co-ordinated effort. What we are interested in is systems, prices, and accessories.

Scott

RyanNREMTP
10-04-2007, 08:39
We do but I have no idea what system they use. The HR department has the program and they keep it under lock and key about 150 miles from our operation.

Our name badge has a picture ID, name and stuff and then a bar code at the bottom to use in the cafeteria.

tully_mars
10-04-2007, 15:39
Mine does, and I am in the process right now of outsourcing the card printing process.

Check out

http://www.fullidentity.com/Default.aspx?Page=CardSetup&INV=No

Much cheaper than purchasing an entire setup to print professional looking id cards.

TM

daagoodr
10-04-2007, 19:26
Our agency has Photo ID Cards that have micro-chips in them, so we can just swipe them through reader. We still use a normal old fashioned time clock for duty hours, but when we need access to certain areas they are used. Unfortunately I have no idea whether they send out for them or not.

Truckee
10-05-2007, 11:21
Hey Scott,

Yes. I'll PM you.

Seems to be a fairly good system. Links through the computer, web cams the photo, prints an ID/credic card sized ID and bar codes the back. Also used to make accoutability tags.

Not inexpensive... equipment and software, cam etc ~ $1800.

DScottHewitt
10-06-2007, 08:23
We found out Minday (our County R&R Lieutenant) can do the cards for us if we take the pics. FREE. No need to buy anything. We just went to a keycard system, and wanted to add photo ID cards.....

Scott