gun show this weekend in memphis FYI [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : gun show this weekend in memphis FYI

3dogs
10-03-2007, 20:45
Sat Oct 6 / Sun Oct 7 @ fairgrounds IIRC.

haven't been to a fun show since i was a teenager.

what are the rules?

can i bring items to sell or trade?

are most transactions face to face?

thanks.

J

:banana:

SouthernGal
10-04-2007, 15:00
The last one I went to at the Fair Grounds was pretty weak. That's been YEARS ago though (like 7). I would have hoped that it would have improved, but I can't say for sure.

I have since seen what a busy gun show looks like, and I can say beyond a doubt that other cities I've been to have busier ones than Memphis does.

3dogs
10-05-2007, 14:09
thanks SouthernGal. as i've not been in years (more than 15!), i'll check it out even if simply for edification. will report back this weekend if we go.

-J

3dogs
10-06-2007, 12:31
we're back. some major price gouging / inflated prices on most firearms. very few surplus/militaria arms compared to the hunting and handgun offerings.

i was hoping for cases of milsurp ammo in 7.62x39/54 but found none. mostly reloads and some by the box OTC stuff, triple-marked up from wallymart prices (think bricks of .22 LR for $24).

picked up some bdu's, a winter jacket, a few 30 and 40 round AK mags, and four brand new 40mm ammo boxes. BRAND NEW, perfect seals, etc.

entry was $8 per and there's a coupon available for $1 off each that you can print online here (http://www.gunshows-usa.com/rkshows.htm). overall ok and i'd go back again next year, but not at all what i expected. it WAS fairly busy but i'd rate the attendees as 80% "fudds", 10% mall ninjas, 10% thug wannabe's, 5% the rest of us. :)