New to Central FL [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New to Central FL

Laxjedi1
10-03-2007, 22:53
Hey everyone,
I just moved here from SC. Just had a couple of questions.
I have my SC CCW, and I was wondering what is involved in getting my FL permit. Do I need to re-take the class (also fingerprinting, and backround check) or is there some sort of transfer I can do? If I do need to re-take the class...any suggestions on where? Also, what are some good places to shoot? I'm in the Altamonte Springs area. I've heard Shoot Straight mentioned... Do they have a rifle range also? Is there anywhere to shoot steel? Local IDPA matches? Thanks so much guys I appriciate any suggestions you can offer!
Be safe
-LJ1

rich52us
10-04-2007, 06:54
I believe you can use your old class or the SC permit itself to meet the qualification for the FL CCW. There is no time limit on when you took the course and many things can be used as proof.

sidewinder6
10-04-2007, 18:02
Here you go:

http://www.cfrpc.com/

Good luck

RIPPED
10-16-2007, 23:59
Lax Every Monday night at 7 p.m. Sharp at East Orange Shooting Sports off Forsyth RD.. IDPA, Practical Tactical Matches. 10.00 entry fee. approx, 3-5 stages of fire. dependent upon how crowded it is. bring upwards of 50 to 100 rounds along. 2 magazines minimum, mag carrier, and an open carry holster. your first time there they will ask that you watch "you will not have to PAY to watch " , You can enter the match your second time there.. Not far from Semoran "436" and Colonial "50" intersection. Steer clear of Shoot Straight, they are some crooked ripoff artist people. Ill explain in detail if we meet someday at EOSS..

RIPPED
10-17-2007, 00:00
Originally posted by RIPPED
Lax Every Monday night at 7 p.m. Sharp at East Orange Shooting Sports off Forsyth RD.. IDPA, Practical Tactical Matches. 10.00 entry fee. approx, 3-5 courses of fire. dependent upon how crowded it is. bring upwards of 50 to 100 rounds along. 2 magazines minimum, mag carrier, and an open carry holster. your first time there they will ask that you watch "you will not have to PAY to watch " , You can enter the match your second time there.. Not far from Semoran "436" and Colonial "50" intersection. Steer clear of Shoot Straight, they are some crooked ripoff artist people. Ill explain in detail if we meet someday at EOSS..

http://www.eastorangess.com/

Droanx
10-19-2007, 11:49
What Ripped said sounds right. I have not been to the Monday night thing but East Orange Shooting Sports is top notch in my book.

FotoTomas
10-25-2007, 21:55
Send me a PM and I will be happy to take you out to the Central Florida Rifle and Pistol Club as my guest. We have 10 action ranges for IDPA, Cowboy Action, USPSA, Tac Three gun, and lots of other options to burn powder. 300, 100 and 50 yard ranges for the rifles and other options. A fun plinking range to kill some tin cans.

What part of SC did you leave? I am from Columbia myself with family still in the Low Country.