Anyone been through an MMRB? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Anyone been through an MMRB?

deadday
10-04-2007, 09:48
Advice? Thoughts?

drew

deadday
10-05-2007, 13:36
Nobody?

drew

Sua Sponte
10-05-2007, 16:55
If you're talking Medical Reveiw Board I went through on in 99, do not know how much help I will be. Mine did not go all that well as I was rated 0%, I guess you have to lose the actual leg not just the muscle. The good news was when I got out the VA took real good care of me. So my advice would be if you do not get what you want the take it to DC where they have to put you up and send you there. If you still do not get what you want do not worry take what you get smile and go on the VA. Make sure you get representaive though I went through DAV and it paid off big time. Hope this helps.

eisman
10-05-2007, 17:16
What type?

I had to go through one a couple years back (after my last MOB) for the hearing loss that's documented from my first tour (24 years ago). It took the better part of a year and a couple trips to various doctors (on the Army's dime) to get them to realize that I am still deployable. (So of course I'm back in the sandbox).

We have had a couple guys put out due to their boards, but they should have been.

deadday
10-05-2007, 21:01
I'm trying like hell to stay in, but I suppose anything is possible. They've already told me no more combat arms, no combat support, it's pogue time for me, but I'll take what they give me.

drew

Ghost-1
10-24-2007, 11:22
I am a prior 11B spent 14 years doing. I went through one myself back in 2005. After my first time here I got messed up good. It took some fighting on my part to stay in and finally got to. I was reclassed into combat service support as a 88M since the army is so short on them. Well I am not even suppossed to even be doing this with my profiles. I have two P2's and a P3.

deadday
10-28-2007, 10:02
Well, they canceled my board again...This is the 3rd time...I have spoken with the (acting) Surgeon General, and she has taken up my cause, so hopefully I can make things happen in the near future....She said if they can keep people blind in both eyes in the Army, there is definately room for me. Thanks for the responses guys, anything else you have is greatly appreciated.

drew

DriBak
11-23-2007, 23:14
I got the run around after coming back from Desert Storm wih some serious allergic reactions. I got the run around for 7 months and finally just took the HD, after 12 years of service connected but 0% compensable I finally got a 10% compensable rating, better than nothing.

justinhcannon
12-07-2007, 20:26
I'm trying like hell to stay in, but I suppose anything is possible. They've already told me no more combat arms, no combat support, it's pogue time for me, but I'll take what they give me.

drew

Yeah I was told that in December of 2002. Walking dead-man profile. Walk at own pace and distance. Max lift of 15 pounds. NO gear.
In March of 2003, I invaded Iraq with a belt-fed.
Don't believe everything you hear. When they need bodies, they find them somewhere.