Best used gun selection in Hattiesburg? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Best used gun selection in Hattiesburg?

TheGreatGonzo
10-04-2007, 14:15
For you shooters from the Hub City area, if I was to look for a used S&W J-frame (pre-lock) in the H'burg area, where would my best bets be? I know Big Buck (king of overpriced guns) rarely carries used guns. I already checked Gander Mountain and, although they do have some nice used pieces, no J-frames. Any suggestions?
Gonzo

MidnightJMC
10-04-2007, 17:59
Try the pawn shop off 49 on Pine Street. Can't think of the name of it but everybody refers to it as Fisher Brothers.

para40
10-05-2007, 08:29
I have a 340pd that I love. When I got it I had spring kit installed and lock taken out. I am from the old school of KISS! Works for me. Bill

lumberjack
10-06-2007, 16:41
Bill, I leave the lock in, but disable it internally.

The gun looks the same and there isn't a hole for crud to get in the works.

I bought a 360SC a month or so ago, I get it back tomorrow from the smith :banana: :banana:

The night sight is still a couple weeks out, due to being back ordered.

ETA
I haven't disabled the lock on any of my steel wheelies, but the scandium guns I have. (327 and the 360).

Tell the little one Carl Thomas says hello :)

haras
10-06-2007, 23:23
Just leave the lock alone. :shower:

It doesn't effect your trigger pull and won't interfere unless you lock it. Take it out and you have a hole in your frame. Disable it and the trial lawyer may accuse you of modifying your gun to make it more lethal.:smoking:

Check your email.

Smith

lumberjack
10-07-2007, 05:30
They'd have a hard time telling the lock is disabled on the J frame you have.

There have been reports of the lock spinning in airlite guns in mag. Loadings. I'll stick with disabling in my scandium guns.

That reminds me I forgot to grab the 327 for you to pour your loving magic on to and into.

Re- getting bagged by lawyers... They'll probably go after my mega ubber accurate, head blowing, bloody neck stump leaving reloads before the trigger lock comes into play.

I didn't check my email this morning, I'm about 2 hours from the range, I'll get it straight from the horses mouth. I'm pretty sure I just called you a horse?:hugs:

haras
10-07-2007, 21:04
At least you left off the as_ part. :animlol:

para40
10-08-2007, 07:20
Nephew, smith is a close friend who helped do this. On mine we took out everything and inserted toothpick shaped metal spike. Then smoothed down and colored. Looks great! On my friends, we did same as you did. I agree with you on the Scad guns w/locks because it all boils down to physics, less weight=more recoil. More recoil= more possible prob., and 12oz is light! And on the s&w forum there has been some talk of trouble with lock sys.

para40
10-08-2007, 09:14
Forgot to add to the OP e-mail me for private dealer. To Carl my smith/friend is mid 30's, young enough to be my son:sad: but a really great guy. He said I was like his Dad in that the older you get the lighter your gun gets.:sad: I am currently reconsidering the friend part as the g23 still makes rounds;) . Little one says hey and said she misses you. Bill

Shooters Plus
10-24-2007, 11:05
For used firearms I would just start calling some pawn shops. Other than that there is a Gun Show coming up on the 3rd and 4th of Nov.

Good luck :)

Doubleclaw
11-11-2007, 14:07
Try the pawn shop off 49 on Pine Street. Can't think of the name of it but everybody refers to it as Fisher Brothers.

Pawn Shop Plus.

Also, try Southern Pawn on South 40th Avenue, over by Big *uck Sports. It's on the corner of the intersection where you turn to get to Home Depot and Big *uck(I forget the name of the street).

Southern Pawn has a few snubbies in the showcase right now, IIRC. A couple of Colt Agents and a few Smiths.

There's no telling what he'll have from month to month, so check back if you don't see what you want.