Peach Butter recipe ??? Rio Bravo [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Peach Butter recipe ??? Rio Bravo

dissthis
10-05-2007, 17:18
I worked at Rio Bravo Restaurant in the 90s and they had an peach butter (butter spread with peaches in it) they served with the warm tortillas. Served only on Sundays at the brunch...as least at the one I worked at = Buckhead; Atl, Ga.

Does anyone have a recipe for this?? Can't be as simple as purred peaches whipped into butter...can it???

Thanks

surecruzer
10-08-2007, 12:49
Internet search engines are your friend...

http://www.cdkitchen.com/recipes/cat/2004/0.shtml

dissthis
10-08-2007, 14:05
I came across those recipes in my search, but they are for some kind of other thing (canning). What I am looking for is actual butter with peaches (and whatever else) actually in it. The idea was to spread the peach butter on the warm tortillas for the brunch served at Rio Bravo as like an appetizer...
but thanks

surecruzer
10-08-2007, 14:06
Originally posted by dissthis
I came across those recipes in my search, but they are for some kind of other thing (canning). What I am looking for is actual butter with peaches (and whatever else) actually in it. The idea was to spread the peach butter on the warm tortillas for the brunch served at Rio Bravo as like an appetizer...
but thanks

Look up apple butter. That's fairly common and I'd think you could just substitute peaches for apples.

dissthis
10-08-2007, 14:25
good idea...I'll try that

lethal tupperwa
10-08-2007, 20:11
Apple butter is usually cooked long and slow.

MrsKitty
10-12-2007, 18:11
Originally posted by dissthis
The idea was to spread the peach butter on the warm tortillas for the brunch served at Rio Bravo as like an appetizer...

Boy, does that sound *good* :drool:

MrsKitty
10-12-2007, 18:12
Originally posted by lethal tupperwa
Apple butter is usually cooked long and slow.

In the last few weeks, somebody posted about making apple butter in a crockpot but I cannot remember who or what forum it was in.