Body Armor question [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Body Armor question

VICARA
10-06-2007, 02:15
fellow bogs,
A friend/kumpadre, who is a town mayor somewhere in Region ? is my guest house and asking help to purchase a body armor. An active clear and present danger is apparently existing and he has to take extra precautions. The threat is from his own vice-mayor who was the former mayor the last 12 yrs. Anyway, not enough time to wait for a UPS delivery even an overnight shipping as the delegation is going back home pretty soon.

My question: where can he purchase body armor in Phil? Does the local gunstores carry them? At least a type IIIA armor level or better yet, a type III.

Also, anybody who is into basic training of security personnel? From what I heard, his security guys are basically clueless. Only showoffs is what they are. Any advice is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Allegra
10-06-2007, 07:26
Di naman useless ang security nya
He can use it as decoy para sila ang sundan at ambushin
Pinag aaralan siya ng mga kalaban niya so watch out sa mga nag susurveillance
Kelangan din maglabas ng pera para sa intelligence
The usual utakan

bulm540
10-06-2007, 08:08
Ipa IPSC niya ang mga Body guard niya, Baka naman matuto.

enting
10-06-2007, 08:23
Maid ng money changer dito sa amin tested na cya na body armor, when they were rob she covered her employer and took the bullet parang presidential body guard. Gusto mong e hire?

atmarcella
10-06-2007, 09:45
:laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove: ...sir maawa ka naman, tao din yan.

vicara,

i think jerrytrini is selling a type IIa vest...nanadito na sa pinas ang vest:thumbsup:

VICARA
10-06-2007, 10:08
thanks guys. we will take a chance today on 2 stores in the bay area although my hopes are not that high they carry the item. if he cannot pick up one, he has no choice but to stop in manila to visit a dealer there.

I got a PM from a BOG with some good tips including a training center.

enting, sorry, looks like he employs only local guys.

atmarcella, he wants at least a type IIIA or type III.

salamat po ng marami.

revo
10-06-2007, 10:38
pinas is so screwed up. parang fedual kingdoms pa din. the vice-mayor wants to kill the mayor. hanep.

jerrytrini
10-06-2007, 11:08
I have a brand new Second Chance Level IIA (standard vest worn by LAPD street cops) ready for pick up somewhere in QC. Anyone interested, PM me. However, the trauma plate is still in the US. Large size.

VICARA
10-06-2007, 13:17
just came home from the local store and was unceremoniously told, civilians cannot buy body armors in CA.

sooo, looks like by buddy will purchase one in manila afterall. Mahal daw kasi diyan, eh.

sir jerry,
is your Second Chance vest made of Zylon? The company is under a lawsuit due to a failed protection by its armor. A Pennsylvania officer was shot dead after a bullet passed through his vest

http://www.injuryboard.com/view.cfm/Topic=1234

http://news.softpedia.com/news/Second-Chance-Body-Armor-to-Replace-Bulletproof-Vests-Containing-Zylon-3592.shtml

jimbullet
10-06-2007, 13:30
He can either let his bodyguards surround him and let him wear a levelII for the timebeing and get him to order for a IIIA asap from safariland or the likes. I dont think there is any immediate available IIIA in the Phils.

I do recall, there is one that I saw in a gunshow that simply had a vest and you insert thick ballistic steel into them. Thay may work temporarily but he cannot wear it all the time otherwise, it would be like a work out day in day out...

Suggest work on getting a quality vest and order it already. Meanwhile, the bodyguards will have to be the level III (joke only):supergrin:

jerrytrini
10-06-2007, 13:52
I do not know the material but the model is Monarch. The vest may be examined by you only or other BOGs no one else. LAPD had examined and tested this vest so I would say if its good for use in the streets that it is good enough for me.

VICARA
10-06-2007, 14:30
i hope i'm not giving away too much of a scoop, somebody might figure out who/where I'm talking about. but here goes: this is the region where 3 mayors have been liquidated, 2 of them months before the election and the 3rd is a mayor-elect. It includes couple of media people too. The thing in this part of the country is, its a political dynasty; husband and wife will take turns on the mayoralty and when their terms is done, the kids will take over even they are green 19 yrs old. Plus other family members are on diff elected offices all the way up to the provincial level. So u see, they want to hold on to power as long as they can.

revo is right...and may I add, the kingdom of the power-hungry.

allegedly, the cleansing mentioned above is all from a whispered order straight from an octogenarian.

my bud is fresh face..completely new kid on the block.

Mang Danny
10-06-2007, 14:46
Vic,
Kung sinisipag kayong mag long drive, may gunshow ngayon at bukas dito sa san diego. The last time I was there a vendor was selling body armor, spectra shield yata ang pangalan. Up to rifle rounds ang protection with ceramic plates.

Their next show is at Las Vegas on Oct. 20 & 21. Website is http://www.crossroadsgunshows.com/gunsched.htm

pipo
10-06-2007, 16:59
saw at twin pines yesterday... body armor vest, level III point blank with double trauma plate selling for 67K.. hope this helps..:)

vega
10-06-2007, 17:15
Vic -May gun show ngayon sa Glendale at ang alam ko hindi pa ban dito sa CA and vest.

Allegra
10-06-2007, 18:34
Originally posted by VICARA
i hope i'm not giving away too much of a scoop, somebody might figure out who/where I'm talking about. but here goes: this is the region where 3 mayors have been liquidated, 2 of them months before the election and the 3rd is a mayor-elect. It includes couple of media people too. The thing in this part of the country is, its a political dynasty; husband and wife will take turns on the mayoralty and when their terms is done, the kids will take over even they are green 19 yrs old. Plus other family members are on diff elected offices all the way up to the provincial level. So u see, they want to hold on to power as long as they can.

revo is right...and may I add, the kingdom of the power-hungry.

allegedly, the cleansing mentioned above is all from a whispered order straight from an octogenarian.

my bud is fresh face..completely new kid on the block.

Magkano sir sweldo ng sg sa area nya?
Just curious lang

VICARA
10-07-2007, 01:00
2 of them are municipal cops and officially on the town payroll. I have no idea whats their rate but the others, a mixed of party loyalist, some are distant relatives, they're getting 5K a month from my friend's pocket plus free chow. Total 7 SGs. (i wonder how the heck they survive with that kind of pay) Never mind if they have training on securing 'high-value-entities'. I'm also imagining if they shoot a pistol before...baka paltik or biente dos lang. One thing I know, x-army yung isa but at a ripe age of 56 na. Hingal-kalabaw na raw siya sa mga lakaran.

The only common trait to all of them: they don't hesitate to shoot! Talagang kaya nila.

VICARA
10-07-2007, 01:19
mang danny, vega,
salamat but too late na. one last meeting tomorrow and they're leaving at night. sa Pinas na lang siguro. Sabi mayron na raw siya pero super bigat as its like an outgear vest with pockets he looks funny specially on hot days. gusto yung parang undershirt you can wear over a barong.

looks like the guys at my local store has the wrong info re CA's ruling on body armor. He must be thinking of the 2 guys wearing bullet proof vest with AKs spraying cops during a botched bank stickup in LA.

atmarcella
10-07-2007, 03:03
gusto yung parang undershirt you can wear over a barong.

level 2a:thumbsup:

mayron na raw siya pero super bigat

level 3 yan:sad:

KevlarSix
10-07-2007, 05:12
For profesional training of bodyguards here in the Philippines, check this webpage -> www.sar-hq.com They are the best in their field.

As for body armor, my experience with these is that wearing level 3A armor here in the Philippines even for an hour makes you sweat a lot in our tropical setting. I sold my Level 3A armor and waiting for my level 2A armor to arrive.

Of what use is body armor if you don't wear it everyday because its so hot wearing these?

Allegra
10-07-2007, 07:32
2 of them are municipal cops and officially on the town payroll. I have no idea whats their rate but the others, a mixed of party loyalist, some are distant relatives, they're getting 5K a month from my friend's pocket plus free chow. Total 7 SGs. (i wonder how the heck they survive with that kind of pay) Never mind if they have training on securing 'high-value-entities'. I'm also imagining if they shoot a pistol before...baka paltik or biente dos lang. One thing I know, x-army yung isa but at a ripe age of 56 na. Hingal-kalabaw na raw siya sa mga lakaran.

The only common trait to all of them: they don't hesitate to shoot! Talagang kaya nila.

Does this violent region produce rice or vegetables? hehe
I'm not sure about the vest
If theres a need for gunplay then the bodyguard has already failed his task. Best protection pa rin is not being where they expect you to be
Goodluck to your friend , he needs to be as ferocious as his enemies ( w/out the media noticing )

isuzu
10-07-2007, 09:11
Get your friend to carry a firearm, preferrably same as his security guards for commonality. A friend and his family in Negros carry Glock 17s, as well as their drivers/bodyguards.

If it's proven that the threat is from the vice mayor, why won't your friend file a case in court? At least it's a deterrent, since the main suspect would instantly be the vice-mayor in case something happens to him. The vice-mayor would now think twice about killing him.

As Allegra has said, it's now a mind game.

jerrytrini
10-07-2007, 10:05
IMHO, the best protection for him is a group of highly trained bodyguards. Furthermore, these men/women should possess the know how in defensive driving, body language reading, proficiency in small arms including combat reload, sweeping a structure/location for possible bogeys, rescue of a downed principal or a friendly, etc. What about the reliability of weapons they have? Does the principal know how to use a firearm? Communication? My 2 centime.

Allegra
10-07-2007, 10:14
Originally posted by isuzu
Get your friend to carry a firearm, preferrably same as his security guards for commonality. A friend and his family in Negros carry Glock 17s, as well as their drivers/bodyguards.

If it's proven that the threat is from the vice mayor, why won't your friend file a case in court? At least it's a deterrent, since the main suspect would instantly be the vice-mayor in case something happens to him. The vice-mayor would now think twice about killing him.

As Allegra has said, it's now a mind game.

I love hanging around these guys mga goons este SGs pala :)

The stories they tell , pati yung local slang they use
Gunfights sa sementeryo , drinking the tea you wash your hands w/ sa hotel , their hometown where families get into a feud kasi hindi sinama sa bank robbery yung isa hehe
Too bad their bosses are getting old and so are they.
Their children have turned to more despicable careers - real estate brokers hehe

isuzu
10-07-2007, 10:45
Originally posted by Allegra
I love hanging around these guys mga goons este SGs pala :)

The stories they tell , pati yung local slang they use
Gunfights sa sementeryo , drinking the tea you wash your hands w/ sa hotel , their hometown where families get into a feud kasi hindi sinama sa bank robbery yung isa hehe
Too bad their bosses are getting old and so are they.
Their children have turned to more despicable careers - real estate brokers hehe

Sosyal itong mga SGs ng friend ko. He requires them to practice IPSC and they use jacketed bullets pa! Very highly disciplined guys.;)

Allegra
10-07-2007, 17:45
Originally posted by isuzu
Sosyal itong mga SGs ng friend ko. He requires them to practice IPSC and they use jacketed bullets pa! Very highly disciplined guys.;)

Pwede mag apply ? hehe

VICARA
10-08-2007, 01:07
sir jerry,
pointers mentioned on your last post duly noted. definitely will include them on my next correspondence to the principal.

he is an occasional shooter, not the kind ipsc/idpa. but knows shooters lingo i.e. weaver, isosceles, proper grip, sight picture, etc, etc... i usually get free pass at one of the outdoor range in his locale. well, he owns one of those 9 mil S&W and a 40 cal Armscor. Now he has couple more. mayron na rin mahaba.

based on wifey's stories, i rate his SGs just plain incompetent!

atmarcella
10-08-2007, 08:09
allegedly, the cleansing mentioned above is all from a whispered order straight from an octogenarian

wow kulang nalang music ng "the godfather".... si lolo di na maka pasok sa heaven:tongueout:

VICARA
10-08-2007, 10:51
GodLolo, not Godfather...
hehehe:) yun din ang pumasok sa isip ko nung ngkukuwento buddy ko. here's another part of his story: my buddy was apparently trusted by 'lolo', one time he had to walk him to the bathroom (without SGs)and while doing his thing, my friend standing just outside the open door so they can continue chatting, all the while trying to hold his breath dahil sa amoy.

si lolo nabubuhay na lang daw sa gamot. nagpaturok na rin daw ng youth serum (whatever u call it) sa Switzerland. pero astig pa rin 'to, he still call the shots.

atmarcella
10-08-2007, 21:08
kahit na, he wont live forever, when all is set and done kakantyawan ko pa rin sya...ako nasa loob sya nasa labas....for eternity:thumbsup:

isuzu
10-08-2007, 21:34
Originally posted by Allegra
Pwede mag apply ? hehe

:supergrin:

enting
10-09-2007, 07:28
anting-anting as a back-up for your soft body armor/bullet proof vest. kung oras mo na sa ulo ka matamaan! Protect yourself & don't forget to pray!

binoy
10-09-2007, 09:00
"he wants at least a type IIIA or type III."
[/B]

Vicara,

I saw this sa buyand sell..

http://www.buyandsellph.com/buysell/cgi-bin/listads.asp?search=538

Dont know if its the real deal at 40K...

Wp.22
10-09-2007, 19:17
i made an inquiry about body months afew months ago and i was told by my contact in crame that body armor should be registered first and bought locally. his is to prevent daw those with bad intentions in possessing one.

superman79
10-11-2007, 09:46
Originally posted by Wp.22
i made an inquiry about body months afew months ago and i was told by my contact in crame that body armor should be registered first and bought locally. his is to prevent daw those with bad intentions in possessing one.

Same as in the states but you can get body armor here without even having it registered.. Go for pointblank body armor. They're the best in the business!

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c03_1180765052