Gun Show in Columbia October 13 & 14????? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Gun Show in Columbia October 13 & 14?????

CarlosC
10-06-2007, 14:57
I had marked on my calendar that there is a gun show October 13 & 14 in Columbia, SC, but now I can't find the original reference. Did I just imagine this? Do I need to quit sniffing paint? JK. Anyway,if anyone has any info, please let me know.

beavis1957
10-07-2007, 07:57
I'm pretty sure there is one....at the Jamil Temple.

CarlosC
10-07-2007, 21:02
What's up Beavis?

I can only attend on Sunday, do you know what time they open up on Sunday?

beavis1957
10-08-2007, 05:41
...not much...just working constantly, and doing home improvements.

I believe the doors typically open at 9, but I can't say for sure.

CarlosC
10-08-2007, 11:20
Work and home improvements...sounds like the story of my life.

Well, thanks for the info. By the way, I found the reference for the show at the Jamil Temple on the 13th & 14th....it's posted on Upstate Armory's website. I hope they're right because I can't find anything else anywhere.

Sgt. Schultz
10-08-2007, 20:16
Are you sure that there is a gun show this weekend? I canít find anyone around Columbia that knows anything about it. They always advertise on the radio and I havenít heard anything about a gun show.

beavis1957
10-08-2007, 20:30
Originally posted by Sgt. Schultz
Are you sure that there is a gun show this weekend? I canít find anyone around Columbia that knows anything about it. They always advertise on the radio and I havenít heard anything about a gun show.

Yep, I rode by the Jamil Temple today and it is on the sign out front. 9-5 Saturday and 10-5 Sunday.

Sgt. Schultz
10-08-2007, 21:10
Thanks!

Glockphobia
10-09-2007, 04:14
dammitt! i'll be in the mountains...with the INLAWS:sad:

Sgt. Schultz
10-09-2007, 12:53
October 13-14
Jamil Temple
$1 off admission coupon in today's State paper page A7

Magicmanmb
10-09-2007, 13:59
Also The same show is in Florence October 20-21 and here in Myrtle Beach October 27-28th. For those thinking about coming to Myrtle Beach remember we only get one per year.

www.mikekentshows.net is his web site.

blipmode
10-09-2007, 18:14
Originally posted by Magicmanmb
Also The same show is in Florence October 20-21 and here in Myrtle Beach October 27-28th. For those thinking about coming to Myrtle Beach remember we only get one per year.

Dammit. I'll be working down there Oct 18-20.
How far is Florence from MB ?

lunarspeak
10-09-2007, 23:13
ill be..hey ill be free that weekend i might have to check it out

GamecockOperator
10-10-2007, 00:48
i was wondering when the next one would come, hopefully ill be able to get by there this weekend.

CarlosC
10-10-2007, 07:32
I'll be at the Columbia show on Sunday. The guys from Upstate Armory promised me they'd have a lower kit for the stripped lower I got from them a few months ago.
By the way, these guys are good to deal with. They have stripped Stag lowers going for around $100 right now. Check them out.

Magicmanmb
10-10-2007, 09:44
Originally posted by blipmode
Dammit. I'll be working down there Oct 18-20.
How far is Florence from MB ?

About 1 1/2 hours MB is at the convention center. I've always found the Florence show to have higher prices from the same dealers. Myrtle Beach also seems to have more private sales than pro dealers.

The Pontificator
10-13-2007, 13:49
Originally posted by Magicmanmb

Mike Kent shows aka Land of the Sky are not the same shows held at the Jamil Temple. The Jamil shows are sponsored by the SC Arms Collector's Association.

Sgt. Schultz
10-13-2007, 21:10
Originally posted by The Pontificator
The Jamil shows are sponsored by the SC Arms Collector's Association. Except for this one ... it's sponsored by The Carolina Collector and is not affiliated with SCACA

GamecockOperator
10-13-2007, 21:53
a few friends of mine and myself are planning on dropping by this tomorrow morning. i hope it is worth the trip and the $ they charge just to get in.

we'll see im sure.

-steve

Magicmanmb
10-14-2007, 16:32
Originally posted by The Pontificator
Mike Kent shows aka Land of the Sky are not the same shows held at the Jamil Temple. The Jamil shows are sponsored by the SC Arms Collector's Association.

I say all the carolina gt'ers get together and have a show it's got to be better than the ones the professional show producers do. Last year we didn't even get the beef jerky guy down here.

GamecockOperator
10-15-2007, 22:05
the show was pretty dismal if you ask me. Not many deals, most things over priced, sad really. I had hoped to find some things for my 21, but didnt see anything really worth while.

CarlosC
10-16-2007, 06:57
It was sad. There were not a lot of people there either...could have had something to do with the fair.

I did pick up a lower receiver kit from my friends at Upstate Armory. I also picked up that STG2003C in 5.56. The way I look at it, the dealer cost for the STG is $375. If I was to do a transfer sale, I would have had to pay about $10 for shipping, then another $20 for the transfer cost = $405. The guy at the show wanted $450, but I talked him down to $420. I'm not going to lose sleep over $15.

GamecockOperator
10-16-2007, 14:12
well im glad that you found some deals. i was looking at ak47's and all the ones i saw were of bad condition / not quite the quality i could build one for.. so im probably gonna just go that round and build one.

Fingolfin
10-16-2007, 23:17
Originally posted by CarlosC
It was sad. There were not a lot of people there either...could have had something to do with the fair.

I did pick up a lower receiver kit from my friends at Upstate Armory. I also picked up that STG2003C in 5.56. The way I look at it, the dealer cost for the STG is $375. If I was to do a transfer sale, I would have had to pay about $10 for shipping, then another $20 for the transfer cost = $405. The guy at the show wanted $450, but I talked him down to $420. I'm not going to lose sleep over $15.

Yeah i will usually pay a little more for a local/small business, and also like having the gun there in your hands for inspection before you buy it is nice. But price wise it's often close as you have to weigh transfer fee and shipping versus higher initial cost and taxes up front.

As for the show, I went Sunday and there weren't many people there, but it seemed like most other shows. I think the vendors would be the most disappointed, and it seemed to me a lot of people didn't know there was a show going on beforehand which was probably a bit reason of the low turnout.

In any event, these days i'm just glad to have them at all.

CarlosC
10-18-2007, 07:43
well im glad that you found some deals. i was looking at ak47's and all the ones i saw were of bad condition / not quite the quality i could build one for.. so im probably gonna just go that round and build one.

The only AK that really caught my eye was the AMD-65 from Discount Guns. I always thought they were kind of ugly, but in person, it did not look too bad. It actually looked pretty small too and it was light. They wanted something like $550, which is too much, but I have bought from them before and they can be talked down.

Do you build your own AKs? I build my own ARs, but never tried an AK. If you do build another one, I'd like a shot at seeing how you do it so I may give it a try some day....maybge start off with a Romanian kit or something.