Traveling to Florida [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Traveling to Florida

cwshootersupply
10-06-2007, 17:09
I will be going to see the future(?)Mrs. cwshootersupply in December.
I will be in Boyton Beach the 18th to 23rd. I need advise on a not so expensive motel/hotel in the area. Any gunsmiths I should talk to while I am there?

I am planning now to get my ducks in a row.
Thanks for any help
CEW

noway
10-06-2007, 19:57
Why don't you hook up with Mrs cwshootersupply and stay ayte her house ;)

From Lantana to Boyton has a few places to stay and adjacent to I95

A few hotels locations that are nice imho.

Yamato rd and I95 ( boca raton ) I think it's an Marriott iirc. Can't miss it it's a big hotel.

Gateway and I95 has a holiday inn that's nice

Hypoluxo rd ( lantana ) has a decent comfort inn that's great and I have discount coupons for it. :) Also close to the PB airport if your flying in/out in Pbch county.

You'll have no problems finding a hotel, but I would make reservation NOW.
Dec could be very busy.

Gmountain
10-06-2007, 21:25
Two days earlier and you could make the West Palm Gun Show.

MeanMike
10-07-2007, 10:34
Originally posted by noway
Why don't you hook up with Mrs cwshootersupply and stay ayte her house ;)

From Lantana to Boyton has a few places to stay and adjacent to I95

A few hotels locations that are nice imho.

Yamato rd and I95 ( boca raton ) I think it's an Marriott iirc. Can't miss it it's a big hotel.

Gateway and I95 has a holiday inn that's nice

Hypoluxo rd ( lantana ) has a decent comfort inn that's great and I have discount coupons for it. :) Also close to the PB airport if your flying in/out in Pbch county.

You'll have no problems finding a hotel, but I would make reservation NOW.
Dec could be very busy.

My recommendation would be to stay in Boca Raton

As ive personally been on shooting scenes on both the best western and motel 8 at hypoluxo rd and i95.

You DONT want to be walking around outside your room after dark around I95 and Hypoluxo rd....

But if you do choose to stay at the motel 6, motel 8, comfort inn or best western in lantana.... bring extra mags....

The motel 8 and motel 6 are by far the worst of the 4 in that area. VERY transient crack head population.

Droanx
10-07-2007, 20:14
My wife and I have stayed at the motel 6 on hypoloxo...I wouldn't suggest doing so. As others have stated it is bad area. We never had any problems but Mr. Glock and his friends Federal were always close at hand.