Self Defense Course at Armscor [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Self Defense Course at Armscor

9MX
10-06-2007, 23:48
Armscor is offering a seminar called:

Bare Hands to Handgun & Edged-Weapon Techniques
(Real-world Survival in Hostile Environments)

COURSE OUTLINE

Course Introduction/Overview
Basic Safety with Guns and Edged-Weapons
A. Weapons check, secure firearms and blades
B. Training parameters
C. Conditioning

Strategy
A. Proper Mindset
 Prepare for the worst/Odds of weapons fight
 Combat and survival VS sport and martial arts
 Awareness spectrum (Cooper color coding system)
 Understanding the threat and their delivery system
- Impact weapons
- Projectile weapons
- Edged weapons
- Weapons of opportunity (how it will work for us?)
B. Body mechanics and Range
 The ready position
 The Reactionary Gap
 Fighting Distance (Long, medium, close)
 Bridging the gap with footwork - Forward and reverse wedge
- Side stepping with body twist

Basic Edged-Weapon Tactics
A. Fighting with knives
 Deployment techniques.
- Pakal and Saksak grips
- Angles 1,2,3
- Broken and fluid strikes
B. Knife Counter-offense
 Pasugat
 Palipas
C. Empty-hand against knife
 Sagang-Labo

Basic Retention Techniques
D. Holstered weapon
 Front
 Rear
 Side
E. Drawn weapon
F. Weapon disengagement
 Disarming handguns
 Disarming knives

Seminar Fee: Php 1,000.00 per person

For details and schedules, pleasee call Armscor Marikina 9414265, 9417328

Look for Bob Sajot

3kings
10-07-2007, 02:36
bro, any idea when is this?

tagaykoyan
10-07-2007, 05:49
there should be a short session on the legal aspects of self defense under the revised penal code, including supreme court decisions regarding the matter. mukhang maraming hindi naka-attend ng gun safety seminar sa atin eh he he

mtho
10-07-2007, 06:49
tentative Oct 20

9MX
10-07-2007, 08:25
Originally posted by tagaykoyan
there should be a short session on the legal aspects of self defense under the revised penal code, including supreme court decisions regarding the matter. mukhang maraming hindi naka-attend ng gun safety seminar sa atin eh he he

bob emailed me a powerpoint presentation which i think touches this concern a bit.

anybody who wants a copy, send an email to mxmoya69@yahoo.com

UPDATE:

As texted by Bob S.

Date:October 20, 9am-5pm
Seminar Fee: Php 1,000 with lunch
Attire: Sports wear (or your mall ninja outfit:supergrin:)
Call 9414265

Bare Hands Instructor is Mikey Alcaraz, Bob Sajot will serve as moderator on the Handgun Side

jjserv
10-07-2007, 09:09
This is interesting.

sparta
10-07-2007, 10:01
Combat tactical training a must for a serious real scenario self defense. :thumbsup:

chowchow
10-07-2007, 14:33
Kung nasa Maynila lang ako, I would attend this. ANg mga instructors sa atin ang galing. Mabuhay ang Bayan.

CatsMeow
10-08-2007, 02:22
Originally posted by chowchow
Kung nasa Maynila lang ako, I would attend this. ANg mga instructors sa atin ang galing. Mabuhay ang Bayan.

Me Gunsite and Thunder Ranch naman dyan sa States....

kcboy
10-14-2007, 09:06
tuloy po ba? am interested...

mikey177
10-14-2007, 17:46
Could someone kindly post directions or the map going to Armscor Marikina from Cubao? It's been more than 3 years since I last went there, and I might get lost.

low profile
10-14-2007, 17:56
dapat ang training is "tactical" para madami mag enroll:supergrin:

mikey177
10-17-2007, 02:54
Up.

I'm still looking for the map going to Armscor.

I tried going to their website at www.armscor.com.ph but it was down. Google wan't any help either. I know I saw it here on BoG before, but I couldn't find it using the search function.

So if anyone has a soft copy of the map, kindly post it... please, pretty please :)

9MX
10-19-2007, 07:04
from Bob Sajot: To all participants, please bring your carry holsters tomorrow, if you have. Registration time starts at 8:30. Course starts at 9PM

mikey,

from c5 going to katipunan:

once you pass eastwood, take the right side of the road going to marikina, go straight until you hit the mainhighway (marcos ata yun), turn right, go straight, once you've passed sta lucia and robinson malls to your right, make a u-turn.

after making a u-turn, turn right to the first road, your landmark here is the mcdo at the corner. go straight until you hit the main intersection where you should see the blue wave mall to your left across the street, you will turn right at this intersection. go straight, then turn left on the first intersection, this one is right across delta motors.

go straight, turn left on the first intersection, you're marker here is the badminton court to your left. go straight until you see the intersection where there is a grocery to your left, turn left and go straight until you hit the concepcion intersection, a shell station should be to your immediate right. cross the intersection go straight until you hit a forked road, take the right road...and go straight.

now, i can't recall the street name where you should turn left...this is the part where you call homogenizer, hehehehe

CatsMeow
10-19-2007, 21:24

Get a BoG fiscal, the most senior one you can find, to lecture. Better yet, an RTC judge (RTC's where serious physical injuries up to murder go), but one who knows his way around firearms.

mikey177
10-21-2007, 05:43
...mikey,

from c5 going to katipunan:...

Thanks, Mannix. Unfortunately, I came from Katipunan, and besides, I wasn't able to log on to GT all day Friday and Saturday so I only saw your post today. Anyway, I was able to trace the route from memory, and I only had to turn around once when I missed the left turn near INC and the former Goya factory.

Regarding the course, I can safely say that it's the best 1,000 pesos I've spent on defensive training so far. The PTK guys were very helpful and shared a lot of techniques with us. I already knew some of the material that was taught on a theoretical level, but applying it against a physically fit and determined training partner really puts one's own skill and fitness level in the proper perspective.

The seminar was supposed to last until 5 p.m., but most of the participants were all worn out before 4 p.m. that we finished early. Many parts of my body are still sore, but I went away from the seminar very happy and eager to practice and learn even more in the future.

Maybe you guys could ask Sir Bob to post some segments of the video he took on Youtube so other shooters might have a better idea of the dynamics of the course.

Kudos to Armscor, Mikey Alcaraz and the PTK guys for an excellent day of training.