Trail Glades Range!? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Trail Glades Range!?

Evenflo76
10-07-2007, 10:40
I'm lookin for info on Trail Glades range. My cousin and I would like to go and get some safety certificates. Also to test our rifles past 25 yards.

We have called and left telephone messages, and sent quite a few emails with no response. We are looking for basic info past what their website states.

ie: Is it a brass only range?

We shoot 7.62X39 and would like to know if wolf ammo is accepted.

Do we need an appointment for the safety certificate?

Are they only open to law enforcement? If so, all the time or only certain days?

As I understand this is a public range owned and operated by the Miami-Dade parks dept. Which is also why I'm not surprised they don't respond to their customers. I am a former Miami-Dade resident.

Have any of you been to this range and fired your weapons before?

Any input is much appreciated.

sidewinder6
10-07-2007, 16:09
You just show up and take a safety class, then wait for a lane to come available. Its a public range but I dont know the schedule during the week. I shoot IDPA down there on Saturdays and see the rifle range open about 8:30am. The ammo is OK.

sx-al
10-07-2007, 18:37
Yea you just show up and pay to shoot. Don't lose the card or you will have to get a new one. The place does NOT allow any rapid fire. :steamed: When your done go eat at the pitBBQ down the block, it's like tradition.

Al

Evenflo76
10-07-2007, 18:44
Thanks Florida Glockers. Excellent info. Hopefully, I'll be there sometime saturday.

noway
10-07-2007, 21:45
Pit BBQ is a joke as far as bbq goes, but whatever floats your boat .The last meal I had their was sloppy at best. You want to experience the real south florida, head west to a little place outside with a population sign of 8 people last time I check , ( coopertown ) and get a plate of frog legs or gator ;)

sidewinder6
10-09-2007, 07:46
Originally posted by noway
Pit BBQ is a joke as far as bbq goes, but whatever floats your boat .The last meal I had their was sloppy at best.

But that IS part of the tradition. That place has been there since they laid the dirt road across the state!