Globe Telecom [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Globe Telecom

Wp.22
10-07-2007, 23:34
Guys do you somebody from globe telecom?

Django
10-08-2007, 02:03
Yes I know a senior officer in Globe but their customer service has deteriorated so much that I moved to Smart. I am also moving all my people to Smart as soon as their contracts with Globe expire. I also happen to know a senior officer in Smart.

ppts799
10-08-2007, 02:25
you can search melvin (vino) of BOG, i think he is still with globe.

Wp.22
10-08-2007, 04:05
my problem with globe is that they are giving my residential number to their subscriber na nawawalang ng cellphone. Apparently the NTC landline in batangas is the same with my home number. I called the hotline of globe and i asked for NTC number they gave me a different number but when i asked for NTC batangas the number they gave me was my home number. I told the lady on the other line to also include the area code when giving the NTC batangas landline.

sparta
10-08-2007, 06:53
:shocked:

isuzu
10-08-2007, 19:26
There's a columnist for the Visayan Daily Star complaining about Globe's signal at his residence which is in Bacolod. He had to buy a Smart prepaid so people could reach him.

When we went to Punta Bulata in Cauayan last year, my wife and I were the only people in our group to have signals on our cellphones. We are using Smart Prepaid service. My mom had to borrow my cellphone to get in touch with our office.

I also heard that Globe's service is getting worse.

ppts799
10-08-2007, 21:04
hmmmm, my brother also told me he would switch from globe to smart 2 weeks ago. i didnt ask his reason nor get details because ive heard negative things both from globe and smart anyway. but reading this thread, now im very curious. care to share your inputs? is it the signal or customer care?

but i also heard a month ago that 2 BOGers wanted to switch from smart to globe... :shocked: :shocked:

so is it greener at the other side? or do we just think its greener and we end up getting the same service in the end??? one thing for sure though, hindi madamot mamigay ng phone and smart :) :) :)

Django
10-08-2007, 21:58
More on customer care.

I am a Globe Platinum Card holder for the last 3 years. My Nokia N90 started losing it's signal so I called them up for repair and I requested for a service unit meantime that they were repairing it.

They picked up my phone from my office after 3 days (no service unit given), had it for about 5 days and they returned it to me saying there was nothing wrong with the unit!

I brought the unit to the Nokia service center and they diagnosed the defect of the unit while I waited for about 15 mins. I called up Globe again and told them the defect of the unit per advisory of Nokia. After 3 days, they picked up my unit from then office and returned it to me 5 days later but it was still defective. I was emailing their Platinum card hotline about my situation and I did not even get the courtesy of a reply.

Called up Smart and had a new N95 delivered the next day.

CatsMeow
10-08-2007, 22:04
When I got tired of my boss asking "Nandyan pa rin ang kudkuran ng ice mo?" referring to my old Piltel analog Motorola, it was a choice between Smart and Globe. Globe had problems at that time, so they lost me and Smart gained a subscriber.:) No regrets, ever.

Chie
10-08-2007, 22:11
Had this experience with Globe about a couple of years ago where they billed me for a phone call to which location origin was Cebu to Manila. I was shocked :shocked: to see the charge on the billing because I have never dreamt nor set foot on any part of Cebu.

Called the customer service and told them the problem, they said that they'll just credit the phone call charge. Then I asked the customer service how in the world did that happen, reply was "Sir, we'll have a technical person call you to explain the matter", to which I never got a call.

Kaya now I check my billings carefully :supergrin:

sandman_sy
10-09-2007, 03:30
Been a Globe user from the very start. College pa, when they started. Sad to say, yeah, they suck these days, wish i never got that stupid free phone. Next year pa mag.expire yung contract.

:sad: :sad: :sad:

pipo
10-09-2007, 22:15
mag SUN cellular na kasi kayo. Sa 450 lang prepaid, may UNLIMITED CALL AND TEXT ka na (SUN to SUN) he he he

New_comer
10-09-2007, 23:18
Baliktad naman sa akin...

I'm planning to jump naman to Globe Broadband. Yung wireless 512kbps with landline pa.

Yung Smartbro ko kasi ang baggggaaallll na!!!! :frown: Nung bago pa, 384 kbps ang service. Ngayun, swerte nang maka 120kbps!!! Yung photography thread natin, ang tagal i-load yung graphics. 'kakainis!:rant:

Kumusta naman yung Globe broadband dito sa BOG's? :sad:

Eye Cutter
10-10-2007, 00:01
mag smart na lang kayo! pag may problema, isang text lang kay mannix, ayos na!

psst! 'nix, yung free phone ko ha??? tsaka mga xmas give aways mo, ha!?! hwehehehe!

tanduay
10-10-2007, 02:05
I've been using globe for 10 years but just switched to smart last month. My 3 lines from globe were all terminated due to their poor customer service. They don't even care kahit pinapaterminate mo ang line. Naghintay ako for a month for the unit e61i sa smart pero natupad naman!

CatsMeow
10-10-2007, 02:16
My present system is Smart Bro WiFi. Even when the office got its own internet I stuck with it as it's faster. Works most of the time, but sometimes no service without warning. I'm satisfied so far.

Thing is, do I have to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just turn off the whole thing? Don't want my computer fried.

JuDGe
10-10-2007, 02:48
Originally posted by New_comer

I'm planning to jump naman to Globe Broadband. Yung wireless 512kbps with landline pa.

Kumusta naman yung Globe broadband dito sa BOG's? :sad:

better try first if the wireless broadband of globe works in your area.... dito sa akin sa may sucat, paranaque the wireless broadband is HELL! :steamed:

globe technical support said that they are upgrading their system in our area but could not commit when it will normalize; 3,4,5 months have passed but still no improvement; decided to terminate our landline+broadband plan

now enjoying back the pldt mydsl bundle plan990 :thumbsup:

New_comer
10-11-2007, 21:08
Originally posted by JuDGe
better try first if the wireless broadband of globe works in your area.... dito sa akin sa may sucat, paranaque the wireless broadband is HELL! :steamed:

globe technical support said that they are upgrading their system in our area but could not commit when it will normalize; 3,4,5 months have passed but still no improvement; decided to terminate our landline+broadband plan

now enjoying back the pldt mydsl bundle plan990 :thumbsup:
Thanks for the info. It's now 1-1, as my officemate naman is very happy with his Globe at Antipolo naman. 384 na wired service ang kinuha nya but he can download up to 60Kbytes/sec.

They haven't responded yet sa e-mail ko (signs of things to come? ;))but I'm keeping my hopes up. :thumbsup:

9MX
10-12-2007, 07:58
Originally posted by CatsMeow

Thing is, do I have to disconnect it during a thunderstorm or just turn off the whole thing? Don't want my computer fried.

if you live within the area of balara qc, i suggest you do. the area is lightning prone.

thunderstorms have no effect on the broadband's operating frequency unless the base station serving your area gets its transmission system screwed up due to the weather (if it is using a microwave system). power outage can also be a cause but less likely since most of the stations have adequate back up power.

bmag
10-12-2007, 12:16
Originally posted by JuDGe

My very same experience also in Parañaque area.

CatsMeow
10-14-2007, 19:38
Originally posted by 9MX
if you live within the area of balara qc, i suggest you do. the area is lightning prone.

thunderstorms have no effect on the broadband's operating frequency unless the base station serving your area gets its transmission system screwed up due to the weather (if it is using a microwave system). power outage can also be a cause but less likely since most of the stations have adequate back up power.

Oh yes, years ago I was walking home from the UP College of Law and a lightning bolt hit the electric post right in front of me. Stunning.:shocked:

I'm concerned about this because I heard somewhere that it's a really bad idea to use a cellphone during a thunderstorm...

ppts799
10-14-2007, 19:42
... and just a few days ago, i saw a globe ad in the newspaper saying how great and personal their service was :)

Django
10-14-2007, 22:02
Originally posted by ppts799
... and just a few days ago, i saw a globe ad in the newspaper saying how great and personal their service was :)

Dont ever,ever believe that.

badshot9mm
10-17-2007, 03:47
i'm leaving soon to work in KSA. I'm having doubts on bringing my cel there but my BPI payroll is linked with my globe number. My cousins there are using smart and i'm thinking of doing the same. think this thread pushed me. thanks.

ppts799
05-15-2008, 23:30
finally . . . i'm giving up on globe.

pretty much similar experiences with you guys, they never call when they say they will. i also waited for my free phone 6 days after the promised date. i was never informed that it would be delayed and never informed why it was delayed. ayun, 16 days after, wala parin tawag at all. ako na ang kusang tumawag, not a SINGLE explanation nor apology out of their lips.

anyway, i returned the cheap free phone and i will cut my 2nd post paid globe line soon. after a few months, i will cut my primary post paid globe line as well.

baaaaaaad service :(

dinggaling
05-16-2008, 00:50
mag SUN cellular na kasi kayo. Sa 450 lang prepaid, may UNLIMITED CALL AND TEXT ka na (SUN to SUN) he he he

partner, ingat daw tayo mga sun cell users, no signal sa gabi, no Sun kasi :cool:

crazy_hans
05-16-2008, 05:10
partner, ingat daw tayo mga sun cell users, no signal sa gabi, no Sun kasi :cool:

ay totoo yan!:supergrin:

ans3288
05-16-2008, 17:55
both globe and smart have good and bad points. parang grass greener nga on the other side...

am subscribed corporate smart but the trouble is the acct executive connected with my account is a @$$hole, di man dumadaan pag nagdadagdag ako ng line! and business center will not process my line application! jeeesh. sana somebody can change my account executive.

snipy_fox
05-16-2008, 21:06
I have both good and bad experiences with these two service providers. Good Things first, when you are outside the country especially in vietnam and malaysia it is quicker to connect with Globe network, hence if you are somewhere around Europe or Canada both network are contactable but Smart connects quicker. Bad Things, for postpaid line from globe I've got numerous charges that i dont know and they not willing to explain. prepaid globe, they keep sending unsolicited ads that eats up the load in your account. Smart is almost same. But still my family were keeping 2 globe lines and 2 smart lines, just in case one of them sucks then there is a redundancy for our communication since i'm always not beside them.

antediluvianist
05-17-2008, 02:00
Well, gentlemen, from the point of view of an investor in the stockmarket, the listed Telco companies have the best cash dividend yield in the local stockmarket.

GLO gives over 8% per year, in addition to capital gains IF you buy it cheap enough (the good time to buy was when it went to as low as P1,200 per share about 3 weeks ago. It's now P1,345 per share and will almost certainly hit 1450 -1500 before the end of the year.

PLTL gives about 9+% annually, and PLDT (the symbol is TEL) gives over 7%.

Best time to have bouight these was during a low period for the local market about 3-4 weeks ago, but there will be other dips, just be patient and watch for them. Buy GLO at around 1,250 and below; TEL @ around 2,500 or less ; PLTL @ 6.60 and below.

sig-glock
05-21-2008, 06:09
both globe and smart have good and bad points. parang grass greener nga on the other side...

am subscribed corporate smart but the trouble is the acct executive connected with my account is a @$$hole, di man dumadaan pag nagdadagdag ako ng line! and business center will not process my line application! jeeesh. sana somebody can change my account executive.

have you tried asking to speak to their supervisor and explain as to why you would like a different account officer? i'm sure they can arrange a new account officer for you.

you can go to any wireless centre branch for transactions as long as you're the designated contact person for your company.

ans3288
05-21-2008, 06:50
yes i tried to speak to supervisor, and if wireless center hears that ur a corporate account, hands off agad sila and say that i have to transact thru acct rep assigned to me. once i insisted on coursing my new line application thru wireless center (sm clark) inupuan din lang nila, they received all docs but didnt do anything. noong nagfofollowup ako, sabi they are still coordinating with the rep, sheesh. it was worse off, thought paperwork was being processed yung pala, they just 'held' the paperwork and waiting for the acct rep to drop by wireless center para iabot sa kanya.

something wrong with this kind of setup...

have you tried asking to speak to their supervisor and explain as to why you would like a different account officer? i'm sure they can arrange a new account officer for you.

you can go to any wireless centre branch for transactions as long as you're the designated contact person for your company.

sig-glock
05-21-2008, 07:21
tama ka sir. something wrong with that set-up. I used to work for smart in one of their wireless centers and we used to get a lot of corp accounts. We still processed it. D po pede na pa-upuin ang papers nyo as to when maka drop by yung acct rep. they should have just called the rep, got the details, processed it or kung ayaw nila, fax the papers to the rep for processing. It shouldn't have been a problem even though it was a corp account. Nagtatamad-tamaran siguro yung validation officer ng WC na yun.

I suggest maybe dropping by Smart Tower in Ayala Ave., Makati whenever you have the time and speak to the Corporate Accounts Department manager. Kung marami lines nyo, explain to them what happened and if they don't change, you can always take your business elsewhere.

Hindi po talaga pedeng pahintayin yung papers nyo sa wireless center. bawal yung ganon na gawain.

ans3288
05-21-2008, 19:42
i have around 20 or so lines with smart.

i recall my complaint being forwarded to a supervisor of the corporate account but no action was taken... we are a relatively low maintainance account to manage, i do not demand anything from them, at nagkikita lang kami ng acct officer ko when it comes to renewal time of the lines... but sad to say its a hassle to change phone numbers. u have to inform everybody pano yung mga taga abroad? thats whats making me think twice in switching... pero if they really suck at service myt as well take the bullet and change just to prove a point! :)

ppts799
06-24-2008, 21:07
my wife and I are now with SMART :)

lagot sa atin ngayon si 9MX :) :)

darwin25
06-24-2008, 21:56
Mannix,

Can you help me get a hold at CBG? I'm having problems with regards to a defective Nokia unit that I have. We got the unit in a corporate account. Pasok pa 2 week warranty yung unit nung nireport namin sa marketing rep ng CBG. The problem is hindi nya ginawan ng report. I went to Smart Wireless Center in Shangri-la Ortigas and they have verified from the rep that indeed I reported the problem before the warranty expired but the rep did not indeed made a report. Smart wireless center now refused to entertain my complain and insisted theat CBG should handle the problem. The problem now is we are not receiving a response from the rep and CBG. I need to talk to the rep's superior baka kasi hindi niya alam ang ginagawa ng tao niya.

Thanks

monsignor28
06-25-2008, 01:52
As much as possible, stay away from wireless broadband. Wireless Broadband depends on the signal streangth of the service provider in you location. If you can sign up with wired DSL service go for it.