New to PA, Town of Delta [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : New to PA, Town of Delta

Megastar 10
10-08-2007, 09:05
Hello all,

My wife and I just recently moved to PA, the small town of Delta, just over the MD line. I have been a lifetime resident of MD so moving to PA means better gun laws for me.

So I was just wondering if there are any shops I should check out near my area, what fellow GTers are in the area and what FFLs nearby have reasonable transfer fees. I have a good friend that lives up in Stewartstown and he said there is a nice class III shop near him and I also am aware of the Delta Peach Bottom Outdoor range so I will definitely be checking that out soon. I am also interested in any outdoor ranges with target distances of over 100 yards so I can challenge myself more.

Thanks in advance for the help.

Josh

tat2guy
10-10-2007, 08:03
I know nothing of Delta, PA, however, I notice you aren't gettnig much feedback here.

I would suggest checking out http://www.pafoa.org/ it's exclusively PA.

Best of luck!

D

Jeep274
10-10-2007, 08:15
Welcome to PA Megastar 10! I am not familiar with the Delta area, but hope you find some good ranges nearby.

For those not familiar, I looked up Delta, PA. It is due south of Lancaster and west of the Susquehanna River just over the Maryland/Pennsylvania state line.

army_eod
11-04-2007, 15:58
There is an outdoor range somewhere in New Freedom. Have to know somebody so they can vote you in.

There is an indoor range and gun shop in Glen Rock. A bit pricey, but you can get a decent deal on a gun if you try and look around there. Range is sweet but pricey. It is called Freedom Armory. There is a website.

Up in York, there is Stoneybrook Shooting. Pretty decent gun shop.

North of York, there is West Shore Sportsmans Assn. I belong to that place and they have many ranges and activities. They have a web site, too. It is about 40 miles north of you. Membership is real cheap. Great deal there.

Also in York area there is an Izzak Walton with nice rifle range. They have a 100 and 200 yard line of target frames. You need to know a member to get you in. I am not a member any longer.

I live in York and work in MD.

stricky
11-05-2007, 14:34
Check this place... not sure how far from you. 30 min maybe?
http://www.slcfsa.com/

usmc0341
11-19-2007, 14:25
If you want a nice outdoor range that is rarely busy check out Starview Sportsman Association. It's near Emigsville which is probably about 20-30 minutes, but you can take guests which alot of other ones don't allow. They have a waiting list, but it's well worth the wait. As far as public ranges the only one I know that's still open is up in Rossville which is 10 minutes above Dover, and it's always packed. Welcome to PA.