Health Talk [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Health Talk

Allegra
10-08-2007, 09:34
Tama na yang usapang violence , maiba naman

Had my blood tested ( blood chem ba yun?) kasi discounted price hehe
I'm 37 and it turns out I've got the blood of a teenager naks! :)
Everything was great daw chlosterol,sugar,hdl,ldl, espn etc
It's even better than when I was in my 20's coz I was a fat ass back then
Fascinating because a year ago , my cholesterol was 230 ( was even riding bikes more nuon )
I still eat a lot of fat , meat , eggs etc
The only diff in my diet was I stoppped eating rice/bread and ate more vegetables and fruits instead

I call it, the caveman or panahon ng hapon diet :) btw , lost another 10lbs when I stopped eating rice
Contrary to what all of you are thinking , it WONT make yuo weak
Surprised at the results lang
So hows your health guys? Check up!

Chie
10-08-2007, 19:01
good for you papi! i also want to have that kind of test but nakalimutan ko always that i have to skip dinner, kaya always postponed appointment. :supergrin:

have not had any kind of test what so ever. 33 yrs old, height 5'6" weight around 175 lbs, aside for the perspiration when shooting, only exercise i get is during sunday when i clean my car.

thats why i'm thinking of buying a bike that i can ride around the village when i get home from work. any suggestions?

Allegra
10-08-2007, 19:30
I've Stopped riding cars
No need for expensive bikes , any bike will do
or Just walk a lot ,I've saved a lot sa gas bills

Your in Baguio , ang mura ng gulay jan
Nice town :)

isuzu
10-08-2007, 19:35
My doctor in the Philippines once told me that unused carbohydrates in the body is not good. He told me to eat more fruits and vegetables and reduce the intake of rice and pasta.

Kaso lang, hindi maiwasan ang intake ng rice when we go home to the Philippines if the rice is newly harvested and milled; coupled with grilled pork chops, sinabawan na manok with ubod ng saging and kadyos, tuyo and bagoong bisaya.;) Whew!

Allegra
10-08-2007, 20:07
Originally posted by isuzu
My doctor in the Philippines once told me that unused carbohydrates in the body is not good. He told me to eat more fruits and vegetables and reduce the intake of rice and pasta.

Kaso lang, hindi maiwasan ang intake ng rice when we go home to the Philippines if the rice is newly harvested and milled; coupled with grilled pork chops, sinabawan na manok with ubod ng saging and kadyos, tuyo and bagoong bisaya.;) Whew!

Fruits and veggies are low cal and packed w/ nutrients
even my injuries improved when I ate more of them

Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic :)

Chie
10-08-2007, 21:55
Originally posted by Allegra
Your in Baguio , ang mura ng gulay jan
Nice town :)

will try to do breeze walking muna baka mabigla.

from UP village po :supergrin:

revo
10-08-2007, 22:08
i am a complete vegetarian.

kristiansen
10-08-2007, 22:42
i'm a budgetarian.:supergrin: only eat rice.no more ulam.good for asphalt burning.good for you fafa A.:thumbsup:

Allegra
10-08-2007, 22:59
Originally posted by kristiansen
i'm a budgetarian.:supergrin: only eat rice.no more ulam.good for asphalt burning.good for you fafa A.:thumbsup:

aha! according to fafa chris Carmichael , sweet fotato or fotato is better!
Lots of carbs, lots of nutrients
In fact , yan daw mimimeriends nung pareng Lance ko pag namamasyal sya sa France :)

kristiansen
10-08-2007, 23:53
is that what we call "kamote"?:supergrin: maybe thats why he's fast.or do you mean the big potatoe?

charlie-xray
10-09-2007, 02:22
Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Fruits and veggies are low cal and packed w/ nutrients
even my injuries improved when I ate more of them

Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic :)

Wp.22
10-09-2007, 04:20
im 30 yrs old, 5'6" in height and weighs 215lbs. only form of exercise is the one done in bed and lifting my camera. Had a complete blood chem last year the doctors found out that i have high uric acid. Im not taking any meds for uric acid still eat mungo every friday and isaw once in while.

My wife say's that i eat to much meat i told that she should asked her dad to stop sending 10 kilos of del monte steak to our house every so often.

On the other hand my sister found out that she has high blood not because of what she eat but due to stress at work.

batangueno
10-09-2007, 05:55
Lots of BOGs going on diets. Mtho has lost alot of weight already. I think 9mx and shihan are also dieting.

I promised myself to diet when i'm 40, next year na pala yun. :shocked: :supergrin:

I was able to stop smoking, mas mahirap ba tumigil mag rice? :supergrin:

New_comer
10-09-2007, 07:05
Originally posted by Wp.22
im 30 yrs old, 5'6" in height and weighs 215lbs. only form of exercise is the one done in bed and lifting my camera. Had a complete blood chem last year the doctors found out that i have high uric acid. Im not taking any meds for uric acid still eat mungo every friday and isaw once in while.

My wife say's that i eat to much meat i told that she should asked her dad to stop sending 10 kilos of del monte steak to our house every so often.

On the other hand my sister found out that she has high blood not because of what she eat but due to stress at work.
You've got 10 years or so before the cumulative effects of the abuse begin to set in...

Life begins at 40 talaga, as in you 'immediately' begin to realize your mortality due to strange pains and ailments you've never felt before... :supergrin:

New_comer
10-09-2007, 07:11
I started to seriously reduce weight last year. Started out at 224lbs (5'6" din me ;)). Got it all the way down to 180. Very nice...

Gave myself teeny weeny bits of rewards now and then. An extra bowl of soup here, an extra pandesal there, another chix wing here... Sarap talaga kumain! :hugs:

Voila! 215 na ulit ako ngayon. :shocked: BAkit kaya??? ;)

Eye Cutter
10-09-2007, 08:09
si gundog pinayuhan ng surgeon niya to avoid fats and meat kasi nga tinangal na gall bladder nya kaya hayun! nag gain ng 10 lbs! hahaha!
parang na-rape tuloy ng labing dlawan marino hitsura ng pusod niya ngayon! hahaha!

me??? 5'8'' and 185lbs! stoped smoking mag 5 years na and play tennis regularly. nag plateau na weight ko sa 183-185lbs pero maluwag naman lahat ng pantalon ko!

atmarcella
10-09-2007, 08:21
Of course none of this will matter , if you get shot dead in traffic

:animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

just recently i got diagnosed w/ diabetes so it was either drink meds or exercise, no choice...i dont like drinking meds, it makes me feel old, im only 35, i bought a treadmill and now i burn 500kcal 5x/week...thats running for an hour for 6.5kms at 6kmh, so far so good im down to 170 from 200....and oh 5'8" din pala me:supergrin:

Kaso lang, hindi maiwasan ang intake ng rice when we go home to the Philippines if the rice is newly harvested and milled; coupled with grilled pork chops, sinabawan na manok with ubod ng saging and kadyos, tuyo and bagoong bisaya

izusu,

you forgot kadios, baboy, langka:supergrin:

Allegra
10-09-2007, 11:00
I still drink a lot , in fact I'm drunk right now :)
I'm not advocating you become a vegetarian
I still eat a lot of meat and you need the protein if you want some muscles ( you might need to trim the fat though )
Nothing wrong w/ rice except that we pinoys tend to eat too mch of it , and then it takes up too much space w/c SHOULD be used for more nutritious food w/ probably have less calories
The darker the color veggy the better , and prfwerably raw r almost raw ( salads )
If you have a relative who's old or sickly , take a look at his diet
Malamang puro kanin at ulam , typical pinoy food
No , I didnt make this up :)I learned this from Herbalife and studying what some UFC fighters eat ( frank shamrock,ace frnklin, sean sherk )

Play badminton or put up a basketball ring in your garage
Anything that we'll make you sweat for an hour 4 5 times a week

Tapos avoid kicking someone elses windshield....

Toledo
10-09-2007, 11:17
This is a good topic...I quess most of us are in that age
where health & lifestyle really matter now. I too have been
eating healthy portion of fruits and vegetables. I have completely
done away with white rice. Instead, I eat brown or wild rice and lots of camotes...greatsource of fiber. I am diabetic & I find this
type of diet helps alot. I also eat lots of ampalaya and broccoli raw. I got used to eating raw. I was always into excercise but since I got married and now with and 8 year old, dont have much time for it. But now, I ride my bike more often & use the thread mill at work. I want to get back to my martial arts as I find this is the best form of excercise...Good luck to all and hope you keep healthy eating more fruits and veggies...Also, has anyone heard of Kangen water there in the Philippines?

Allegra
10-09-2007, 11:50
...and before I forget , pag tinaggal mo kanin
Mabilis ka maumay and you instantly eat less

plus , tipid sa mltivitamins or fiber supplements
No need

Toledo
10-09-2007, 12:15
...tama ka Allegra...pero sa una, ang hirap talaga
i-give up and rice...but i got used to it. Gising ka pa pala.
If you have or anyone in BOG has other healthy tips, that would be
great. I know in the Philippines that natural healing is
getting more endorsements from the medical profession. I think
this is a very good thing.

ilocano
10-09-2007, 13:20
i go to the gym at least 3x a week.
do something like 2kms on the threadmil then do weights.
lost fat alright, lost a couple of inches here and there.
im now waist 32 from 36. BUT im still stuck with my old weight when i started!!

now, i plan to do triathlon.
but im afraid i'll just end up injured because i "think" im too heavy? any tips? how do i loose weight without getting bulky?

btw, im 72 kilos.

Toledo
10-09-2007, 13:36
Originally posted by ilocano

but im afraid i'll just end up injured because i "think" im too heavy? any tips? how do i loose weight without getting bulky?

btw, im 72 kilos.
ILOCANO,

Look up water therapy in the internet. I have lost so
much weight just by drinking 32 ounces (about 8 glasses) of
water the first thing in the morning--you can take upto 5
minutes to drink the 32 ounces and refrain from eating anything
for 1 hour. Trust me, it works. But also keep working out
and eating healthier foods. Good luck to you.

Alexii
10-09-2007, 17:41
Nice topic! I'm 35, 5'7", 160lbs. Aspiring to be a pesco-vegetarian (still aspiring, sarap pa rin kasi ng steak paminsan-minsan:supergrin: ) For general fitness, I make it a point to walk at least 5,000 steps a day via non-stop brisk walking 3x a week. As per my pedometer, one revolution from Megamall Bldg. A to Bldg. B and back is about 1,100 steps already.

Allegra
10-09-2007, 17:46

btw, im 72 kilos.

everyone's weight plateaus if you dont change your routine
You have to change your diet ( avoid rice and bread for ex. ) and lengthen the time you train or increase the intensity slowly
Run lang naman nakaka injure sa tris , I do most of my running in the swimming pool waist or chest deep , less impact no injuries

charlie-xray
10-09-2007, 18:24
5'4" 90KG main diet Chicken Rice Tons of Juice fresh and some carbonated drinks.

Meat from time to time for protein.

Some maintenance of Lescol and Lopid for my cholesterol of 250 and triglycerides of 200, No spike in Sugar, no higblood though uric acid is on the 150 level, main exercise is to tap on the mouse, lift a CPU unit to relocate at most a printer.

So I'm in SHAPE.

Round is a SHAPE RIGHT?

Wp.22
10-09-2007, 19:06
we have a treadmill in front of the TV kaya lang mas comfy yung rocking chair pag nanonood instead of running.

Here in the office we have a mini gym courtesy of our boss sadly not once i have lifted weights burned out na the whole day. The every january we have our mandatory weighing of the department heads as per instructions of the boss. Two years in a row that the 2nd heaviest. Dehado pa nga ako three of the department heads are soccer varsity players of UP and one is the former phil. team captain.

kristiansen
10-09-2007, 23:27
I LOVE RICE!:banana: my legs need them.i'm a runner.5'5", 59 kg. i run 50-60 kms/week@11kms/hr.pace,year-in year-out.no injuries so far.no fancy diet but eat less meat and sweets.no health problem.only money problem.:supergrin:

jasonub
10-10-2007, 01:02
im about 5'12" or so. 170 something pounds 35 yrs.

I eat what i want but usually 3x a day lang. I try to keep good tasting things at a minimum, like pork fat, chicken skin, chicharon, etc. I tell myself na lasang tae or something bad yung chicharon etc so i eat a small piece lang even if sobrang sarap nito.

Pag may chips like pringles, lays, cheetos sa bahay eh ubos ng isang upuan, but i tell myself just to buy a pack or 2 for a whole week. its up to me to eat it leisurely pero whole week na ration iyon. But i end up eating it all in once sitting :)

I also run at least once a week. gym at least once a week and shoot once a week.

I have been a sports addict since grade school but nowadays not much excersise but i keep in decent shape.

I just keep in mind that i dont want to get fat and eat moderately if possible. pag pizza or masarap eh bahala na basta tatakbo or ill go to the gym or swim tom.

Nowadays i want to eat healthier but di ko pa masyadong magawa.

Bu i can still say """""Im to sexy for my love""""" hahahahha!!!!

dometop
10-10-2007, 01:29
very timely topic, by the way. allegra's been trying to help me out, "inattentive" student nga lang ako.

am 5'9.5" 215lbs, 38 y/o. yep, definitely overweight, although my blood chem's the envy of more proportionate officemates when we compared results from the annual exam this year. must the the water i guzzle throughout the day (i keep a 1-liter sports bottle at the office even if i'm desk-bound the whole day, refill at least once per day).

i tried to search for a thread on "chirunning" which a fellow BoG posted a while back...is it any good? care to share your experiences and/or materials?

thanks in advance!

Allegra
10-10-2007, 06:18
Originally posted by dometop
very timely topic, by the way. allegra's been trying to help me out, "inattentive" student nga lang ako.

am 5'9.5" 215lbs, 38 y/o. yep, definitely overweight, although my blood chem's the envy of more proportionate officemates when we compared results from the annual exam this year. must the the water i guzzle throughout the day (i keep a 1-liter sports bottle at the office even if i'm desk-bound the whole day, refill at least once per day).

i tried to search for a thread on "chirunning" which a fellow BoG posted a while back...is it any good? care to share your experiences and/or materials?

thanks in advance!

ako rin yata nag post ng chi running hehe
Yup its, very good
Unfortunately , matigas lang ulo ko kaya hindi gumagaling tuhod ko
But I suggets mag chi walking muna

www.chirunning.com
http://www.chiwalking.com/shop/home.php

look up at the forum for more info

Allegra
10-10-2007, 06:30
I LOVE RICE!:banana: my legs need them.i'm a runner.5'5", 59 kg. i run 50-60 kms/week@11kms/hr.pace,year-in year-out.no injuries so far.no fancy diet but eat less meat and sweets.no health problem.only money problem.:supergrin:

Fafa , bakit si pareng Brad , di na nag rarice :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/doboltap/123.jpg

atmarcella
10-10-2007, 06:50
pag pizza or masarap eh bahala na

dre,

checkout the new pizza place at ATC its near the cinemas its called brooklyn pizza...the best:thumbsup:

Round is a SHAPE RIGHT?

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

i run 50-60 kms/week@11kms/hr.pace,year-in year-out

wow...thats a lot:thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:....hhhhhhmmmm treadmill ko hanggang 10kmh lang...super takbo na yan, sir sa 11kmh parang sprinting na yan:shocked:

kristiansen
10-10-2007, 07:14
Originally posted by atmarcella

wow...thats a lot:thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:....hhhhhhmmmm treadmill ko hanggang 10kmh lang...super takbo na yan, sir sa 11kmh parang sprinting na yan:shocked: [/B]

boss atmarcella,don't try it at home hehe.been running for 20 yrs. na po.i'm not an expert but suggest anybody who wants to exercise should consult their doctor first for the correct exercise level.:hearts:

ilocano
10-10-2007, 07:15
everyone's weight plateaus if you dont change your routine
You have to change your diet ( avoid rice and bread for ex. ) and lengthen the time you train or increase the intensity slowly
Run lang naman nakaka injure sa tris , I do most of my running in the swimming pool waist or chest deep , less impact no injuries

ser, can u actually build up endurance with running in the pool? now that winter is just around the corner, im planning to train outdoors, nakaka 5k nako straight at a moderate pace. Swimming- i have to practice big time. Bike lang ako walang problema.

any personal tips? may event sa Feb, u think makakahabol pako sa conditioning?

kristiansen
10-10-2007, 07:25
Fafa , bakit si pareng Brad , di na nag rarice :)

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b248/doboltap/123.jpg

eh ako yan eh.hehehe.sige na nga,spaghetti na me starting tomorrow.:supergrin: my wife says i should cut back on running coz i look "sick" (parang maysakit)now.but my eating habits:

1.i seldom drink soda.or beer.
2.very very seldom eat donuts/pizza,snack foods,chicharon etc.
3.no sawsawan.(soy sauce/patis,bagoong etc)

Eye Cutter
10-10-2007, 07:25
kelangan sustained ang max heart rate mo for at least 20-30 minutes to build endurance. tama ba fafa allegra???

racket sports are fast and fun kaya hit ang badminton ngayon. although mukhang nag taper off na rin ito sa masa. sayang nga e.

to lose weight it's a mix of aerobic activity, diet and weight training. keeping it off is another matter altogether!

:banana:

kristiansen
10-10-2007, 07:30

:supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin:

wow...thats a lot:thumbsup: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:....hhhhhhmmmm treadmill ko hanggang 10kmh lang...super takbo na yan, sir sa 11kmh parang sprinting na yan:shocked: [/B]

actually,some of my friends are faster than me,including women,working moms pa.:supergrin:

Allegra
10-10-2007, 08:28
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kelangan sustained ang max heart rate mo for at least 20-30 minutes to build endurance. tama ba fafa allegra???

racket sports are fast and fun kaya hit ang badminton ngayon. although mukhang nag taper off na rin ito sa masa. sayang nga e.

to lose weight it's a mix of aerobic activity, diet and weight training. keeping it off is another matter altogether!

:banana:

Wag muna max heart rate kasi baka atakihin sa puso pag simula pa lang mag exerise :)
Sa simula , I suggest to go low intensity but longer ang duration
Fast enough to sweat but slow eough for converation

Mas maganda nga sports kesa sa exercise
If the activity is enjoyable , mas malaki chance you'll stick w/ the program

Dapat talaga lifestyle change , be more active and eat better
You can eat a whole lechon during the fiesta, but it doesnt matter kasi you know you'll be active and eating better again the next day and in the future.

bow

Allegra
10-10-2007, 09:22
ser, can u actually build up endurance with running in the pool? now that winter is just around the corner, im planning to train outdoors, nakaka 5k nako straight at a moderate pace. Swimming- i have to practice big time. Bike lang ako walang problema.

any personal tips? may event sa Feb, u think makakahabol pako sa conditioning?

Nothng beats running on dryland , but I've got bad knees , so running in the pool is anough for me
Feb is far away , dami pang time
Get swimming lessons to improve ang swim

mirko128
10-10-2007, 11:51
I would just like to highlight what Allegra was alluding to previously -- that reducing rice and carbs has contributed to his excellent bloodwork numbers. Studies have shown that a high-fat/reduced-carb diet results to better cholesterol ratio (more good vs. bad), lower triglycerides, lower saturated fat in the blood, and reduced risk of heart disease!

What a paradox, eh? Eating more fat does not always make you fat and actually has the opposite effect.

The low-carb plan I'm following is Men's Health's TNT diet (http://www.menshealth.com/tnt). Details of the diet are free and very easy to follow!

Some camps try to marginalize low-carb diets, but that's another debate for another time. There are many diet approaches out there, it's just up to you to choose which one works best for you body.

Allegra
10-10-2007, 18:53
That the Atkins diet ah :) Get a copy of his book sa booksale baka 80p lang yata. Fascinating book and easy to follow
But not recommended for endurance athletes

A lot of refined carbs ( bread, pastries,cookies,donuts isama na rin ang rice hehe ) have high calories at kokonti nutrients , and worst of all , they are delicious :)

But for people in endurance sports like Kristiansen , kelangan ng madaming carbs , kasi carbs are high octane fuel. But you have to pick high quality carbs

For weekend warriors or sedentary people, who need to lose weight all the extra carbs magiging taba

CatsMeow
10-10-2007, 19:07
As we're on the subject of food (again):supergrin: I wouldn't mind being a vegetarian most of the time if only there is a Bodhi outlet nearby...

Also, I've taken to eating a single chocolate bar for dinner and a cardiologist said it's ok, for as long as it's dark chocolate.

atmarcella
10-10-2007, 19:08
actually,some of my friends are faster than me,including women,working moms pa.:supergrin:

na insecure ako tuloy:sad: ....sir, pano nyo ma measure ang speed if you run on the track?

dometop
10-10-2007, 21:48
Originally posted by CatsMeow
Also, I've taken to eating a single chocolate bar for dinner and a cardiologist said it's ok, for as long as it's dark chocolate.

ako rin, just one dark chocolate bar din, kalahating kilo nga lang ang timbang nung single bar na nauubos ko. :supergrin:

Wp.22
10-10-2007, 23:22
ok ba na running shoes ang new balance?

Allegra
10-10-2007, 23:30

The best bang for the buck yan
Other options Mizuno and Asics but they are little more expensive
Nikes are great ...for walking sa mall

Eye Cutter
10-11-2007, 00:06
kung malapad paa mo, the best ang new balance! kaso madali mapitpit yung rubber soles niya. sandaling panahon lang maramdaman mo na kaldag ng lupa! otoh, malaki kamurahan ng New Balance compared sa ibang brands!

adidas pinaka magandang lifespan sa mga athletic shoes para sa akin. nike nag-desintigrate mag-isa! humihiwalay swelas sa body ng sapatos!

toxic
10-11-2007, 00:35
ive tried atkins for months , quit smoking and 1-1/2 hours 2-3x a week at the gym..one time nanginig ako and my wee wee protein level sky rocketed perhaps due to smoking withdrawal...went back eating carb and cook with olive oil ,sometimes ihaw na lang, still go to the gym thou(dont want to miss the site in the aerobics class;)). + the regular walk to and from work...Things we want and need to do pag nagkakedad ka na.

Wp.22
10-11-2007, 01:10
Originally posted by Eye Cutter
kung malapad paa mo, the best ang new balance! kaso madali mapitpit yung rubber soles niya. sandaling panahon lang maramdaman mo na kaldag ng lupa! otoh, malaki kamurahan ng New Balance compared sa ibang brands!

adidas pinaka magandang lifespan sa mga athletic shoes para sa akin. nike nag-desintigrate mag-isa! humihiwalay swelas sa body ng sapatos!

doc, malapad talaga ang paa ko wide nga pag nagpapabili ng sapatos sa US. actually two years ko pa lang nasusubukan ang New Balance during those two years dalawa na yung nabili ko.

Matagal din akong nagoyo ng nike every time na magpapalit ako flat na yung airsole at malapit na matangal swelas. For the price one one nike dalawang pairs na ng NB.

Allegra
10-11-2007, 05:08
Originally posted by toxic
ive tried atkins for months , quit smoking and 1-1/2 hours 2-3x a week at the gym..one time nanginig ako and my wee wee protein level sky rocketed perhaps due to smoking withdrawal...went back eating carb and cook with olive oil ,sometimes ihaw na lang, still go to the gym thou(dont want to miss the site in the aerobics class;)). + the regular walk to and from work...Things we want and need to do pag nagkakedad ka na.

Fafa , baka you were doing atkins wrong ( I'm not an advocate of atkins ha , but it works daw for the obese )
May 3 phases yan , by the 3rd phase alam ko you can start eating carbs again pero yung mababa sa glycemic index ( o mataas ba , I forget ) w/c are veggies :)
You can get the book sa booksale , murang mura lang

kupstah
10-11-2007, 09:11
wp.22, I vouch for Asics as well, malapad sila. Sarap pang takbo and you'll wear out the soles bago masira. You'll be kind to your knees as well. You can check out the outlet shoe stores at Market Market, may mga Asics sila dun na naka sale from time to time.

Another option nga would be Mizuno. Their main office is along South Super. Coming from Manila on SLEX, it's before the Magallanes flyover to your right. Minsan may sale sila.

5'7, 85kg, 32 years old. Started going to the gym again, 5km run at 7.5 km/h. Tapos I hit the machines, many reps and not so heavy weights. Papayat para pwede :eat: sa Dec, Christmas ham!!!! J/k

One of my friends runs about 20km every two days. He goes through a pair in about 3 months.

toxic
10-11-2007, 09:28
Fafa , baka you were doing atkins wrong ( I'm not an advocate of atkins ha , but it works daw for the obese )
May 3 phases yan , by the 3rd phase alam ko you can start eating carbs again pero yung mababa sa glycemic index ( o mataas ba , I forget ) w/c are veggies :)
You can get the book sa booksale , murang mura lang

you got that right..and dehydration na rin due to the weather here.

mirko128
10-11-2007, 13:28
May iba-ibang diets na low-carb: Atkins, South Beach, Anabolic Diet, TNT (Targeted Nutrition Tactics).

TNT is a direct result of research by Dr. Jeff Volek involving human subjects. I think kung ano ginawa nila dun sa subjects, yun din more or less ang nasa TNT program. Simple lang kasi TNT, may list of foods na allowed, eat 5-6 times a day, eat only until you're full but not stuffed. You burn fat AND gain muscle. The thinking used to be burning fat and gaining muscle are mutually exclusive.

Yun nga, madaming supporting evidence on the benefits of restricting carbs. Dun sa forum nila, lahat ng nagpapa-blood work, ang ganda ng mga improvement sa cholesterol and triglycerides. One of these days, magpa-complete blood chemistry din ako, yun nga lang, wala akong baseline to compare with.

Meron ngang stigma sa media about the Atkin's diet and low-carb diets in general. To be honest, I don't know why and I don't really care. Basta it (TNT) works for me, I have more energy, I fall asleep more easily (night shift, lagi ako hirap dati matulog), and I'm starting to see abs :banana:. I never for the life of me imagined I can get such good results out of it when I started it. Dati, gusto ko lang talaga mabawasan yung bilbil ko hehe.

Allegra
10-11-2007, 19:18
I'm not a health buff , I still drink a lot , sleep little and take 10-15 cups of coffee a day
Nagkataon lang rearranging my diet gave me better fuel sa races , as well as less body fat % and apparently great blood chem results

We're all relatively young here ahem , but if you have relatives who are sick , old ,or children who are sickly , may allergies
Look at their diet , baka makatulong

The food we take makes a big difference

bow

kristiansen
10-11-2007, 21:25
na insecure ako tuloy:sad: ....sir, pano nyo ma measure ang speed if you run on the track?

i think you have to measure the track.if standard track,its supposed to be 400 meters.

kristiansen
10-11-2007, 21:30

yes.esp. if your foot size is wide coz its avalable in 2EE and 3EE.
asics and mizuno is also ok.unfortunately,its a personal thing so you have to buy and experience the best shoe fit.stay away from nike.goodluck.

kristiansen
10-11-2007, 21:34
That the Atkins diet ah :) Get a copy of his book sa booksale baka 80p lang yata. Fascinating book and easy to follow
But not recommended for endurance athletes

A lot of refined carbs ( bread, pastries,cookies,donuts isama na rin ang rice hehe ) have high calories at kokonti nutrients , and worst of all , they are delicious :)

But for people in endurance sports like Kristiansen , kelangan ng madaming carbs , kasi carbs are high octane fuel. But you have to pick high quality carbs

For weekend warriors or sedentary people, who need to lose weight all the extra carbs magiging taba

hahaha.am just a slowpoke wananabe.

ppts799
01-22-2008, 19:23
up for this :)

so january is ending, how's everybody doing?

pot : mark s. and i just made a wager on who could shed off the most pounds in 2 months. so after 6 days, ayun, i gained 3 pounds! HAHAHA!

Allegra
01-22-2008, 19:40
Started base training last week , biking 2 hrs and swimming 10x200m , 3x a week

No knee injury hopefully this year

Eye Cutter
01-22-2008, 22:56
my last blood chem results (dec. 2007) were all within normal values. yehey!

i'm still playing tennis regularly. 4-5 days a week. 1-3 sets, singles game. Ayoko ng doubles, nakatayo ka lang most of the time. Sisisihin ka pa kakampi mo pag olats kayo! hahaha! I good singles game lang, ayos na! hahaha!

kristiansen
01-23-2008, 03:29
back to secret sleeping....... i mean training......15 pounds more to go.i love herbalife!:supergrin: ayos ba idol allegra?

Pepe G Boy
01-23-2008, 03:39
I've also started drinking Herbalife this year. There's a Herbalife "cafe" near the place where i work. They mix the shake with oats and fruits. Saraaap!!!

Sayang hindi pwedeng i take out. You have to drink it there.

kristiansen
01-23-2008, 05:15
I've also started drinking Herbalife this year. There's a Herbalife "cafe" near the place where i work. They mix the shake with oats and fruits. Saraaap!!!

congrats! you must be near rcbc!

Allegra
01-23-2008, 06:00
back to secret sleeping....... i mean training......15 pounds more to go.i love herbalife!:supergrin: ayos ba idol allegra?

Sabihin ng mga tao , biased ako
Unbiased na , kasi I dont sell it na
Pero , I dont know what magic they put into that stuff pero it's mabangis!
I dont need to lose weight , pero I use it as recovery drink 30min after training

Allegra
01-23-2008, 06:06

Yan ba kay Arlene?
Buy a whole canister and bring it home
It works better and faster if you eat less rice (no rice is even better ) and substitute fresh veggies , whole grains , fruits on your normal meal
Or eat at hotels , mahal kanin dun, unti pa ng serving hehe
Drink lots of water

dnotrex
01-23-2008, 10:06
my last blood chem results (dec. 2007) were all within normal values. yehey!

i'm still playing tennis regularly. 4-5 days a week. 1-3 sets, singles game. Ayoko ng doubles, nakatayo ka lang most of the time. Sisisihin ka pa kakampi mo pag olats kayo! hahaha! I good singles game lang, ayos na! hahaha!

i play tennis, my sked is the same as yours. i play singles, i do doubles too. kaya lang outdoor courts namin, shell court. my playing time is between 2-5 pm...matira ang matibay(sa arawan).the sport keeps me fit and healthy even with the occasional beers. also it helps me alot in shooting...

allegra is right...diet is the key... always believed in that.

Pepe G Boy
01-23-2008, 21:27
congrats! you must be near rcbc!

Yep. Sobrang dami ng tao dun. Kaya lang when you get out, nakaka tempt pumunta sa restaurant right across.

Buti na lang malakas will power ko :embarassed:

ppts799
01-23-2008, 23:38
oh, i thought herbalife was just high fiber, mukhang may additional in stuff inside huh.

napaka tempting talaga to eat ice. ang hirap to eat ulam only pag very tasty :(

kristiansen
01-24-2008, 06:59
oh, i thought herbalife was just high fiber, mukhang may additional in stuff inside huh.

napaka tempting talaga to eat ice. ang hirap to eat ulam only pag very tasty :(

konting plugging lang :supergrin: herbalife formula 1 contains about 20 vits. & minerals.if dissolved in water,one glass contains only 80 cal.if w/ lo-fat milk 170 cal.,so you'll really feel busog.unless you're used to eating VERY full.hehehe.

Pepe G Boy
01-24-2008, 07:01
Yan ba kay Arlene?
Buy a whole canister and bring it home

Dont know who manages the place. Will ask nga tom.
I also tried their herbal concentrate (green tea with orange pekoe and other stuff). This one i bought para meron ako during weekends.

Vault Keeper
01-24-2008, 07:58

Pot, try going to Chinatown and have yourself checked by a Chinese doctor for your Uric Acid...1 week lang yan na gamutan, bababa agad uric acid mo! :thumbsup:, herbal meds...that is, if you can take the taste and smell of it...but really effective!

ppts799
01-24-2008, 21:28
to those who go to the gym and use cardio machines, how inaccurate are the info displayed in the machine such as calories lost and distance?

ano nga ba ang secret diet ni mtho? i met up with him december at greenhills and super weight loss nga siya.

Eye Cutter
01-24-2008, 23:45
P. si grampa joji and mark the spark do not eat rice anymore!

ppts799
01-24-2008, 23:50
$&*# parang kanina, paano naman ako hindi mag kakanin, longganisa ulam ko. HAHAHA!

huhuhu, hindi ko na ma eenjoy ang paglamon ko without rice.

yeah, i know, thats the point :)

Wp.22
01-25-2008, 01:34
P. si grampa joji and mark the spark do not eat rice anymore!

okay ng kumain ako ng rice wag lang three times ooperhan diba grampa joji.

Just right now kagagawa lang nung star trac threadmill dito sa office i tried it and i like it wala masyadong pressure sa legs di tulad ng convetional threadmill. three weeks na rin pala akong nag lalaro ng badminton nung first time ko wala pang ten minutes eh naubusan na ako ng hangin hehehehe

flash1919
01-26-2008, 10:01
visit dipolog , try to scale linabo peak, great cadio exercise with less injuries due to its 3003 concrete steps!:cool:

i read from an article, discouraging drinking cold drinks after eating meat or poultry due to the reason that the low temperature solidifies fat and makes it harder for the stomach to work or dissolve it, or that sort of thing