Your opinion.....how would this look? [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Your opinion.....how would this look?

aaronrkelly
10-08-2007, 22:46
http://www.vapor.org/images/thruxton.jpg

I love the looks of this bike, a Triumph Thruxton. Stripped down, nothing fancy and red with white racing stripe....

I dont plan on buying a new bike.....nor would I buy this one as it wouldnt fulfill my needs for long rides with my wife.

I do have this bike.....do you think it would look pretty good with the same white racing stripes.....or retarded.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/aaronrkelly/Vehicles/Picture007.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v67/aaronrkelly/Vehicles/Picture009.jpg

fnfalman
10-09-2007, 09:55
Unless you plan on cafe racer your bike, the racing stripe will look like crap.

NotAMonte86
10-09-2007, 10:50
I don't care for racing stripes... perhaps someone could do a photoshop for you, it would help to get a visual.

aaronrkelly
10-09-2007, 14:26
Originally posted by NotAMonte86
I don't care for racing stripes... perhaps someone could do a photoshop for you, it would help to get a visual.

That it would, thanks for the suggestion.

michael t
10-10-2007, 18:35
I say No to the stripes. My 13 year old daugther suggest a different color paint job instead. And she totaly disliked the Triumph.

J.R. Bob Dobbs
10-11-2007, 08:33
I think it looks great as-is. If you want to do a makeover, how about GREEN paint? Either the modern lime-green or the retro darker pearl-green? .....I think this IS a Kawasaki?

Oh, and you can buy stick-on striping at most auto-parts stores. Wax the paint, stick it on, and it will come right off if you don't like it. If you do like it, peel it off, strip the wax, and re-stripe.

G30Big
10-13-2007, 10:37
Nice looker - what year? Is it an LTD? I have an 82 kz1000 LTD, had a 1980 with the MKII engine.

Stripes would add a lot to it but not just racing stripes, go for something bolder. You may want to post on www.kzrider.com and get the opinion of some KZ owners.

aaronrkelly
10-13-2007, 17:46
Originally posted by G30Big
Nice looker - what year? Is it an LTD? I have an 82 kz1000 LTD, had a 1980 with the MKII engine.

Stripes would add a lot to it but not just racing stripes, go for something bolder. You may want to post on www.kzrider.com and get the opinion of some KZ owners.

Its a 1980 LTD B4.

No stripes....my local graphics guys sold their business to someone else. I watched this guy TRY to cut a 6" sample stripe for me for 45 minutes and never did get it spaced/uniform correctly.

He says....no problem, I will get it right before I put it on....price $100.

The old guys could have wiped it out, put it on and I could be riding off in 20 minutes for $30.

These new guys are jokers.....

tshadow6
10-28-2007, 17:31
If you want a racing stripe, put one on. It's your bike, make it look the way you want. ? Wouldn't you rather say "I remember when" or "I wish I had"

HollowHead
10-28-2007, 19:45
If you want a racing stripe, put one on. It's your bike, make it look the way you want. ? Wouldn't you rather say "I remember when" or "I wish I had"

No stripe! It's why so many Dodges look so very, very childish. HH