A bit of a rant [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : A bit of a rant

PrincessCelica
10-09-2007, 20:47
I don't understand men. Why is it they constantly hit on you when they KNOW you're not interested? I recently became single again, because my boyfriend felt I needed some time to get help with my depression. We may or may not get back together when I get my life sorted out. I'd like to get back with him, but if it doesn't work out, I don't really want to be with anyone (especially not right away).

During all this, a friend of mine has become increasingly clingy and sexual with me. He's constantly asking if we can be friends with benefits, saying he wants to come see me**, calling/texting/IMing constantly and getting upset if I'm not responsive, etc. He knows I'm not interested in him that way, yet this continues. Why do men feel that "single" means "interested????" He certainly didn't act this way when I wasn't single.

It's almost as though he thinks he's doing me a favor or being supportive by talking all the time and expressing his interest in me. But all it's doing is creeping me out and annoying the heck outta me.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. :soap:

**This is an online friend that also knows my phone number. He lives in South Carolina, and I'm in Arizona.

Mrs. Tink
10-10-2007, 10:28
I wish I had more insight into men as well! All I can do is get to know MY husband and go with that!

My suggestion to you is to tell your amorous friend that you really need for him to cut it out, and that if he doesn't, you'll be forced to cut HIM out.

I had an online "friend" try to manipulate me the way you describe, i.e. when he IM'd or whatever and I didn't answer, he tried to lay a guilt trip on me, or he'd just assign arbitrary feelings to me and then it was on me to prove that it wasn't the way I felt. It just got too exhausting. I did end up (making the mistake of) meeting him in person, but shortly afterward I just cut off all contact. I felt a lot better afterward.

:hugs: I hope you get past this. I'm sure it's hard enough without this guy pursuing you.

Brown Hawk
10-10-2007, 13:18
Celica,

Friends with benefits? AZ and SC?

I don't know if it is just a man thing. My ex is that way. And he might think that you are depressed because of your breakup.

Doesn't matter. Do as Mrs. Tink said. Cut all ties. If he calls, report him to the phone company. Ignore everything else. Tell him that he is making you worse, and that you are going to do the above. Then do it. Make it stick. DO NOT go on a guilt trip and keep allowing him back in.

Depression is nothing to fool around with. If you need meds, get them and take them. Find a support group. Maybe a pet if possible. But get the help you need. If there is a reason for the depression, there are support groups that will help. If it is for no specific reason that you can pinpoint, there are still groups.

I know tht this is the women's forum, but I sometimes come back to read Miss Kitty's thread on the attempted car-jacking and saw your post.

Beside's, it may give you a chance to completely ignore a man, and maybe that will make you feel better.:supergrin:

Will send up some more prayers for you

Hawk

fnfalman
10-10-2007, 16:23
Why can't men take "no" for an answer? Because:

1. We don't know if "no" really means "no" or "no" means "try harder".

2. We've been told never to give up and that perseverence pays off.

3. We're horn dogs.

4. We're stupid.

BTW, Where are you in Arizona? It doesn't take me more than 6-hours to get to Phoenix area...:hearts: And I'm also recently heartbroken and need comforting too.:hugs:

PrincessCelica
10-10-2007, 17:47
I live in Flagstaff. (Someone needs to go shooting with me. I think puttin' some rounds through my 19 would help me blow off some steam)

Mr. Creepy made another rude comment today, implying we would sleep together if he came to see me. I told him no thanks, he wasn't your type. His reply :upeyes: was he didn't know I had a type. He thought my type was just male.

So I basically told him my type is Nick, and if he doesn't want to get back together, no one is my type. I feel like I can handle that relationship, but if not, then I don't want any relationship. (Not forever of course. But for now) Even one that's just a friends with benefits type of situation.

PrincessCelica
10-10-2007, 17:49
Originally posted by fnfalman
And I'm also recently heartbroken and need comforting too.:hugs:

So I take it the flowers didn't work? :tongueout: :hugs:

fnfalman
10-10-2007, 18:19
Originally posted by PrincessCelica
So I take it the flowers didn't work? :tongueout: :hugs:

Not on the one that truly matters.:sad:

BTW, just tell the idiot in no uncertain terms that you DO NOT WANT HIM in any sort of ways. Tell him that you don't even want him as a friend because of his crudeness and lack of sensitivity for your situation.

c-mama
10-10-2007, 18:46
Originally posted by fnfalman

BTW, just tell the idiot in no uncertain terms that you DO NOT WANT HIM in any sort of ways. Tell him that you don't even want him as a friend because of his crudeness and lack of sensitivity for your situation. :agree: :goodpost:

Sorry you're having to go through this. :hugs:

Roger H
10-10-2007, 18:57
well your at glock talk so just tell him .
you have a glock and a shovle and he wouldnt
be the first dead animal you buryed in the back yard .
It always worked with my daughters boy friends really put the fear of god in them

Two-Gun Mary
10-11-2007, 07:04
This situation would probably be covered by stalking laws. Do you have those in AZ?

SouthernGal
10-11-2007, 07:32
I live in Flagstaff. (Someone needs to go shooting with me. I think puttin' some rounds through my 19 would help me blow off some steam)

I agree. Go fire off a few.

Mr. Creepy made another rude comment today, implying we would sleep together if he came to see me. I told him no thanks, he wasn't your type. His reply :upeyes: was he didn't know I had a type. He thought my type was just male.

You are being FAR nicer than I'd have been. Why hell, I'm just Mary Sunshine most of the time! :supergrin:

WINGS
10-11-2007, 07:52
Tell him that you only have room in your pants for 1 ***hole and for him to get a life and move on in no uncertain terms :shocked:

PrincessCelica
10-11-2007, 20:04
Originally posted by WINGS
Tell him that you only have room in your pants for 1 ***hole and for him to get a life and move on in no uncertain terms :shocked:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

Thank you that was just what I needed. He's calmed down a little. Next time, I won't be so nice, and he will be blocked. :wavey:

Nephilim
10-12-2007, 01:43
Women often forget they have no reason to be any more tactful or kind other than the conditioning they have been put through since childhood.

A few days ago I was reading over the results of a long term study that I agreed with completely. Men are on a whole radically happier than women and by the researchers accounting a significant portion of that happiness is derived from speaking their minds freely and doing whatever the hell they want to do when they want to do it regardless of expectations others might have of them. Women conversely were less happy for the exact same reasons... speaking their mind less and behaving in ways that were expected of them.

So here is the "be happy" way a guy would deal with that situation (a creepy friend turned stalker.)

"*****, don't call me!"

:)

ithaca_deerslayer
10-12-2007, 11:44
I don't understand men. Why is it they constantly hit on you when they KNOW you're not interested? I recently became single again, because my boyfriend felt I needed some time to get help with my depression. We may or may not get back together when I get my life sorted out. I'd like to get back with him, but if it doesn't work out, I don't really want to be with anyone (especially not right away).

During all this, a friend of mine has become increasingly clingy and sexual with me. He's constantly asking if we can be friends with benefits, saying he wants to come see me**, calling/texting/IMing constantly and getting upset if I'm not responsive, etc. He knows I'm not interested in him that way, yet this continues. Why do men feel that "single" means "interested????" He certainly didn't act this way when I wasn't single.

It's almost as though he thinks he's doing me a favor or being supportive by talking all the time and expressing his interest in me. But all it's doing is creeping me out and annoying the heck outta me.

BLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEH. :soap:

**This is an online friend that also knows my phone number. He lives in South Carolina, and I'm in Arizona.

Um, let's see. There's a pretty easy answer. I know... because men want to have sex with women.

Oh, you aren't interested? How about now? Maybe now? Are you interested now? Now? How about now?

Sooner or later, a woman will likely be interested, and the guy wants to be there when that happens. Almost as if nature made it like that.

MrsKitty
10-12-2007, 15:16

This guy is *not* a friend.

I would call my phone company and have his number blocked. Then I would add him to my ignore lists for the IM services I use and block his emails.

How is the depression treatment going? Are you on medication? I have taken lots of depression meds if you ever want to talk about them. :hugs:

fnfalman
10-13-2007, 10:35
Originally posted by ithaca_deerslayer
Um, let's see. There's a pretty easy answer. I know... because men want to have sex with women.

Oh, you aren't interested? How about now? Maybe now? Are you interested now? Now? How about now?

Sooner or later, a woman will likely be interested, and the guy wants to be there when that happens. Almost as if nature made it like that.

Yep. Except that most of the youngsters don't have the patience to wait it out and get frustrated then move on. While older fellows like me will stick around waiting for that one cold day in hell just because we ain't got nuthin' better to do with our lives.:thumbsup:

PeterJasonMN
10-15-2007, 15:38
I'm not in SC, I'm in MN. Get it right woman.

SouthernGal
10-16-2007, 09:58
Originally posted by Nephilim
A few days ago I was reading over the results of a long term study that I agreed with completely. Men are on a whole radically happier than women and by the researchers accounting a significant portion of that happiness is derived from speaking their minds freely and doing whatever the hell they want to do when they want to do it regardless of expectations others might have of them. Women conversely were less happy for the exact same reasons... speaking their mind less and behaving in ways that were expected of them.

Can you give me a link or a reference to this? As someone who generally speaks her mind on damn near anything and doesn't CARE what other people think about it, I'm interested in reading it!

WINGS
10-16-2007, 10:46
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:

Thank you that was just what I needed. He's calmed down a little. Next time, I won't be so nice, and he will be blocked. :wavey:
Has the "next time" happened yet??? Did ya, did ya.....huh, huh:thumbsup:

mitchshrader
10-16-2007, 10:54
may i suggest you change friends.

and, more to the point, there's a certain kinda scuzzball who makes a habit of hitting on women who are depressed, cause sometimes they just say 'what the hell'.

this is not a sign of good moral character. examine your choosing mechanism and adjust it.

mr00jimbo
10-16-2007, 14:19
Sorry to hear! I have the same problem with a couple of girls. A buddy of mine always gets STALKED by ridiculously gorgeous gals.
Me, I've been clinged onto by a couple gals but not so much. I think some people don't realize how much they get annoying until they get blocked.

ThreadKiller
10-17-2007, 21:13
This guy is *not* a friend.

Ding Ding Ding!! We have a winner!!!

Put as much distance between yourself and this guy as you can. He's no friend.