hand to hand combat [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : hand to hand combat

theTactician
10-12-2007, 11:40
Aside from pistol shooting and competing in practical shooting competitions, are you guys training in hand to hand combat as well?
what martial art are you into?:)
I believe that being adept in both shooting and hand to hand combat is essential in being complete when it comes to self-defense. There are times when your pistol is not around and you need to do some striking and some grappling.
I therefore began to study and learn the art of Gracie jiujitsu which helped me in so many ways like losing weight, being fit, improve my stamina even when im already old (34), and keeps me focused in everything i do. Its an exciting sport and highly technical.
:)

GSXRanger
10-12-2007, 11:45
Krav Maga, got into it whilst over in the mid-east a few years back. Works for me.

chowchow
10-12-2007, 12:15
PTk is right in there in todays effective MA.

revo
10-12-2007, 17:13
MMA

9MX
10-12-2007, 19:38
SA-YO-NACHI - 100th Dan:animlol: :supergrin:

saki1611
10-12-2007, 20:24
Originally posted by 9MX
SA-YO-NACHI - 100th Dan:animlol: :supergrin:

kung crocks yun chinelas mo akin na lang!:supergrin:

G17dmCa
10-12-2007, 20:40
I started back in 94 with Royce Gracie but found out that sport jiujitsu is not MMA Mixed martial arts. In order to be complete I started Thai boxing wrestling and jiujitsu no Gi with strikes. I have been teaching MMA for 7 years now and hold a 2nd degree Black belt in jiujitsu. I have worked with Chris Brennan Fransisco Bueno and have coached a few of the Tokyo Sabers Antonio MC Gee Savant Young Tracy Hess and have prepped Quinton Jackson Brett Cooper and allot of others that are not as well known.

My knowledge is at world class level and have worked with some of the best in the world.

If you not learning all the Arts you have a hole in your game period. No art is the best but all arts combined is the most effective way to go.

Allegra
10-13-2007, 05:40
Originally posted by G17dmCa
I started back in 94 with Royce Gracie but found out that sport jiujitsu is not MMA Mixed martial arts. In order to be complete I started Thai boxing wrestling and jiujitsu no Gi with strikes. I have been teaching MMA for 7 years now and hold a 2nd degree Black belt in jiujitsu. I have worked with Chris Brennan Fransisco Bueno and have coached a few of the Tokyo Sabers Antonio MC Gee Savant Young Tracy Hess and have prepped Quinton Jackson Brett Cooper and allot of others that are not as well known.

My knowledge is at world class level and have worked with some of the best in the world.

If you not learning all the Arts you have a hole in your game period. No art is the best but all arts combined is the most effective way to go.

If you only have time to learn 1 art , what would it be?

superman79
10-13-2007, 06:27
Originally posted by Allegra

Brazilian Jiu jitsu. Good exercise and is very technical. You can train very hard without getting any major injuries. You can tap or let it snap! I'd rather tap..:)

boni
10-13-2007, 08:52
Originally posted by theTactician
Aside from pistol shooting and competing in practical shooting competitions, are you guys training in hand to hand combat as well?
what martial art are you into?:)

:) karate at arnis lng ako sir. okay naman sila :)

G17dmCa
10-13-2007, 10:55

MMA is one art it takes the most effective techniques from all and makes one art. Look for a jiujitsu school That teaches MMA in a real street fight you don't want to end up on the ground.

So if I had to pick one are it would take Muay Thai.

revo
10-13-2007, 20:45
I'm curious to know how much an MMA instructor makes these days from teaching. I know how much the stars make since it's on the internet.

G17dmCa
10-13-2007, 23:16
Originally posted by revo
I'm curious to know how much an MMA instructor makes these days from teaching. I know how much the stars make since it's on the internet.

Not allot I own a restaurant and a satellite company it's more of a hobby kind like shooting.

cznayr
10-14-2007, 23:34
Question to the MMA guys,

Have you really tried it on the streets, against a punk used to brawling all their lives??

Just curious, no offense meant by the question. Just want to know if they got to apply their techniques or ended up with trading punches.

As for me, SANG-SU-WI ang natutunan ko,

Sang sutsot uwi. Si mrs ang sensei.

low profile
10-15-2007, 01:50

ako ninjitsu! Pag meron kang baril at ninja ka pa wala na makakatalo sayo:animlol:

one will complete the training pag kaya mo na tumambay sa mall:supergrin:

Allegra
10-15-2007, 01:57
Originally posted by low profile
ako ninjitsu! Pag meron kang baril at ninja ka pa wala na makakatalo sayo:animlol:

one will complete the training pag kaya mo na tumambay sa mall:supergrin:

You ha :)

But seriously , didnt we all start as ninjas??
Patay ako pag walang umamin

theTactician
10-15-2007, 12:05
You ha :)

But seriously , didnt we all start as ninjas??
Patay ako pag walang umamin

lahat naman tayo mga ninjas eh...stealthy and cunning sa mga misis. hehehe. joke joke.:laughabove:

revo
10-15-2007, 13:51
Do ninjas make more money than MMA instructors ? Or do they spend their lives looking for ninja type treasure to make a living ?

arzon
10-16-2007, 09:23
Do ninjas make more money than MMA instructors ?

Ninjas are poor, they need 3G's to survive (guns, gears, gadgets). =P

Hmm, wala pang umaamin ah.