Dormot-Mt. Lebanon Sportsmans Club [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : Dormot-Mt. Lebanon Sportsmans Club

kswiss2783
10-14-2007, 16:18
Anyone belong there? If so, what is your overall opinion of it?

dirksterG30
10-16-2007, 10:40
I'm a member there. It's a pretty good club, with 2 pistol ranges, trap, archery, rifle, plinking etc. There is also an indoor pistol range, but that is only available for meets. Here's their website:

http://www.mdi.net/dml/

If you are interested, PM or e-mail me and maybe I can show you around the club.

ABCDEFG
10-16-2007, 17:38
Too far for me, but it looks nice. Thanks.

kswiss2783
10-18-2007, 17:15
I ask because my wife works one of the board members there and he said he'd take me shooting. Wanted to get opinions of the place before I go.

deutscheglocker
11-13-2007, 20:15
I'm a member there. It's a pretty good club, with 2 pistol ranges, trap, archery, rifle, plinking etc. There is also an indoor pistol range, but that is only available for meets. Here's their website:

http://www.mdi.net/dml/

If you are interested, PM or e-mail me and maybe I can show you around the club.

dirk, have you been to any more poofa shoots lately? I don't think I've been back since the last one you and your wife attended. #6 or 7? (27hand)

I had an email exchange with someone at the club. I'll have to see if I still have it in the archives to see who it was.

He informed me that absolutely NO holster play was permitted at all. No presentations. That in itself was enough to keep me from even visiting the club which isn't too far from me.

DG

dirksterG30
11-15-2007, 04:50
dirk, have you been to any more poofa shoots lately? I don't think I've been back since the last one you and your wife attended. #6 or 7? (27hand)

I had an email exchange with someone at the club. I'll have to see if I still have it in the archives to see who it was.

He informed me that absolutely NO holster play was permitted at all. No presentations. That in itself was enough to keep me from even visiting the club which isn't too far from me.

DG

Deutscheglocker, I only went to that one PFOA shoot.

As for the no "holster play" at DMLSC, that is correct. Unfortunately, I don't think too many members are interested in self-defense. I just practice my draw with an unloaded gun at home. Not quite the same, but it'll have to do for now.