change of address, do you get a new ccdw card? [Archive] - Glock Talk


View Full Version : change of address, do you get a new ccdw card?

10-15-2007, 18:11
The KSP website states:
You are required to notify the Kentucky State Police within thirty days after the changing of a permanent address. Failure to do so is a noncriminal violation with a penalty of twenty-five dollars payable to the clerk of the District Court. To change or update your address, you may obtain a completed Carry Concealed Deadly Weapons Licensee Request for Change of Personal Information (KSP 121) from the Sheriff of your county of residence. Once completed, the Sheriff will forward the information to the Kentucky State Police.

Do they print a new card or just update their database?

10-15-2007, 18:45
They print you a new card. I know because I moved in April.

10-15-2007, 23:43
I recieved a new card when I moved in July. It is free .

10-16-2007, 22:21

I moved into my new home last October. My new CCDW card was free.

10-17-2007, 07:15

a follow-up

I assume one must return to pick it up. What was the turn around time (ie days v months), I ask b/c it's not exactly convenient presently so I need to time it...

10-19-2007, 15:15
IIRC, it took about three weeks. I got a letter telling me my new permit was waiting for me at the County Sherriff's office.

10-20-2007, 12:21
My last address change took about three weeks. However, the last time I did an actual renewal it only took five days!