cousin shooting a barrett .50 cal [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : cousin shooting a barrett .50 cal

Wp.22
10-16-2007, 03:42
Received a email today from my cousin base in texas para ingitin ako. Here he is shooting a barrett .50 cal. according to him the recoil is negligible it's like daw shooting a 30-06 but the muzzle blast ang malakas para ka daw sinasampal everytime you pull the trigger.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2221/1585710459_c246069b53.jpg

superman79
10-16-2007, 03:52
I wish those were legal for civilians here in the PI!:)

maskytrading
10-16-2007, 05:24
If FED will not classify the .50 Barrett Rifle as an anti-tank weapon, it is possible to have one licensed to a civilian.imo

batangueno
10-16-2007, 06:43
:wow: ang laki ng bala at magazine. Inggit din ako. :supergrin:

superman79
10-16-2007, 15:12
Originally posted by maskytrading
If FED will not classify the .50 Barrett Rifle as an anti-tank weapon, it is possible to have one licensed to a civilian.imo

Up to what caliber does FED allow? Barrett is the Mother of all sniper rifles! woohoo!:laughabove:

Wp.22
10-16-2007, 18:07
Originally posted by batangueno
:wow: ang laki ng bala at magazine. Inggit din ako. :supergrin:

paul, kasya daliri sa basyo ganon kalaki yung bala

isuzu
10-16-2007, 21:44
The .50 BMG bullet is as big as a regular thumb. The 78th IB had several that they used effectively in Mindanao. They had longer barrels than the one in the picture. The officers wanted me to try one, but nah.

The magazines are as big as VHS tapes.:supergrin:

geminicricket
10-16-2007, 22:29
American National Firearms Act of 1934 established that any rifle caliber at or below .50 is a small arm and fully within permitted citizen's right to keep and bear. Muskets are not limited to
.50, and can be purchased in larger calibers.

That same Act imposed a $200 tax on the transfer of any machine gun or short-barreled shotgun, and established a minimum barrel length for a smooth bore shotgun.

At the time, gangsters were using sawed-off shotguns and machine guns to kill one another and bystanders, and the federal government imposed a law to assure that only criminals and gangsters would have short barreled shotguns and machine guns.

It wasn't until 1986 that the federal government banned the manufacture and importation of machine guns for the civilian market.

At this stage, highly regulated people of middle-class means can afford to buy old machine guns. Every year, neglect and poor maintenance ruins a few more machine guns, and the supply of available machine guns is steadily shrinking.

CatsMeow
10-17-2007, 01:25
Now that's one bodacious gun.

I really envy you Geminicricket over there, just obtain a registered full-auto right sideplate of a Browning M1919 and there are oodles of parts sets to build yourself your own machine gun, in either .30-06 or .308 (Israeli version). I see them advertised all the time in Small Arms Review. There's even a parts set for an M60, less receiver. There's even an M134 minigun, but at a "Mercedes-Benz" price!

Is it true that a Gatling gun (the hand-cranked one) is not considered a machine gun under US law? And flamethrowers are not restricted?

maskytrading
10-17-2007, 22:06
Up to what caliber does FED allow? Barrett is the Mother of all sniper rifles! woohoo!:laughabove:

Section 2 of Executive Order 194 states, "Henceforth, all citizens of the Philippines may possess firearms of any type and/or caliber; Provided that such firearms are not classified as crew-served weapons (CSWs), light anti-tank weapons (LAWs), light machine guns (LMGs), anti-tank and anti-personnel recoilless rifles, bazookas, etc.; Provided further that such firearms are test-fired for ballistics, stenciled and properly licensed"

Again, if FED will not classify the .50 Barrett as light anti-tank weapon, there is hope:thumbsup:

CatsMeow
10-17-2007, 22:50
During the first Gulf War, one Marine sniper with a Barrett stopped a platoon of Iraqi BMP APCs; he knocked out one and the other two surrendered. He was using API (Armor Piercing Incendiary) rounds which easily penetrated the BMP, igniting its fuel tank. So it may be considered an anti-tank weapon; the tanks we have are just as lightly armored!

Remember years ago when the PNP cracked down on the selling of spent, that is, already fired, 66mm LAWs in Dau? I thought those things are non-reloadable, but the PNP cracked down on them anyway.

horge
10-19-2007, 07:39
...and the federal government imposed a law to assure that only criminals and gangsters would have short barreled shotguns and machine guns.

Ouch :)

It wasn't until 1986 that the federal government banned the manufacture and importation of machine guns for the civilian market.

At this stage, highly regulated people of middle-class means can afford to buy old machine guns. Every year, neglect and poor maintenance ruins a few more machine guns, and the supply of available machine guns is steadily shrinking.

Got a rather different situation over here: Increasing pool of automatic weapons,
but rapidly rising per-unit cost keeps 'em beyond the reach of most civilians.

I know of no Philippine retailer presently selling .50 BMG anything to non LEO/Armed Forces (PNP/AFP).
Government would probably throw a hissy fit, worried it would wind up in rebel/terrorist hands

atmarcella
10-19-2007, 07:46
my father in law was approached by a soldier/officer once...the deal was 150k for a barret.... sayang kung ako nilapitan nya baka kumagat pako hehehehe