backup sensor or camera systems [Archive] - Glock Talk

PDA

View Full Version : backup sensor or camera systems

voodoo17
10-16-2007, 13:07
I have a new minivan and my wife wants something to help when backing up. Which system, sensor or camera, would be better? My brother-in-law has a sensor system, factory installed, but he offers no help when asked. So, I come here!

texas_rifle
10-16-2007, 16:44
you can go to your local walmart, costco, sams, pepboys, etc.. and get a wireless back up camera. they are not the best in the world but for a hundred bucks they are decent and easy to install.

the next step would be a in dash screen with a camera and that will run you over 500 bucks very easy, plus it is a little more difficult to install.

as for back up alarm systems I have never personally installed them so I cant comment on them.

if you are going back to the dealer to install then the camera is the better way to go, since you get actual visual of what is behind you vs a beeping alarm. just my two cents though

Reheater
10-29-2007, 13:26
I have a new minivan and my wife wants something to help when backing up. Which system, sensor or camera, would be better? My brother-in-law has a sensor system, factory installed, but he offers no help when asked. So, I come here!

What year, make, and model is your minivan?